IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

phone mirroring

Old 08-12-14, 04:59 AM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default phone mirroring

Hey guys, I've just been wondering, I have the beatsonic and loving it, but was wondering if anyone knows how to mirror my phone on the Screen, I have a galaxy s5, I know there is a av screen, wondering if that can help.i know in Canada you can but was wondering if it can be done in the states?
Old 08-12-14, 02:48 PM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 148 Likes on 96 Posts

I have the same question but diff phone !!

I have an iPhone 5S but I don't know how to mirror my phone
Old 08-12-14, 03:12 PM
IS3F
Driver

Never heard about this but very interested.. Anyone have more info?
Old 08-12-14, 07:31 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't think they have that option yet. You will probably need a third party device to do so, not sure if there is one out that will work for the new IS...Vaistech release something for the 2is but not sure if it will work on the 3IS
Old 08-12-14, 07:43 PM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
I don't think they have that option yet. You will probably need a third party device to do so, not sure if there is one out that will work for the new IS...Vaistech release something for the 2is but not sure if it will work on the 3IS
I know they have a phone mirroring option in Canada with the is, that's why I'm asking if anyone here has tried something like that too

Last edited by Kwik8276; 08-12-14 at 07:51 PM.
Old 08-12-14, 07:56 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

hmm u can test it out and see there is a video on youtube on how to access mirror link. from what I understand you need ur phone connected usb and also you need some sort of app. the mirror link option should be at the info screen. also some people are saying it only works with maps and nothing else. keep us posted!
Old 08-12-14, 09:32 PM
Hermes
Intermediate

What exactly is "mirroring"?
Old 08-12-14, 09:46 PM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Hermes
What exactly is "mirroring"?
Its when you can connect your phone to the car and see your phone screen on the nav screen
Old 08-12-14, 10:38 PM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 148 Likes on 96 Posts

I emailed PS ( support@prestigioussociety.com ) I ask Em how can I mirror my iPhone 5S and their respond was

Dear Meshal,

Thank you very much for your inquiry. To achieve what you wish to accomplish, you will need the following:

1. Bypass system (either Navi-Video or Video only): This will enable motion lockouts while in motion

2. AV Interface: This will provide AV input and convert your factory AUX to A/V so you can display external device.

3. Lightning Digital AV Adapter
Amazon.com : Lightning Digital AV Adapter : MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com : Lightning Digital AV Adapter : MP3 Players & Accessories

4. HDMI2AV
Amazon.com: Etekcity® HDMI to AV Composite RCA CVBS Video + Audio Converter For TV PS3 VHS VCR DVD: Electronics Amazon.com: Etekcity® HDMI to AV Composite RCA CVBS Video + Audio Converter For TV PS3 VHS VCR DVD: Electronics

The first two can be purchased directly from our website from the links. The last two can be purchased from Amazon since we do not carry those products.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Sincerely yours,

Support Team
PS, inc.

With these two items you will be able to video out to the factory system.
On 8/12/2014 2:32 PM, Meshal Alsweel wrote:
Old 08-13-14, 02:09 AM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mesh704
I emailed PS ( support@prestigioussociety.com ) I ask Em how can I mirror my iPhone 5S and their respond was

Dear Meshal,

Thank you very much for your inquiry. To achieve what you wish to accomplish, you will need the following:

1. Bypass system (either Navi-Video or Video only): This will enable motion lockouts while in motion

2. AV Interface: This will provide AV input and convert your factory AUX to A/V so you can display external device.

Video Link: http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MD826ZM-Lightning-Digital-Adapter/dp/B009WHV3BM/ref=sr_1_sc_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1380135938&sr=8-4-spell&keywords=iphon+5+digital+av+out

4. HDMI2AV
Video Link: http://www.amazon.com/Etekcity%C2%AE-Composite-Video-Audio-Converter/dp/B008FO7PQA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380135959&sr=8-1&keywords=HDMI2av

The first two can be purchased directly from our website from the links. The last two can be purchased from Amazon since we do not carry those products.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Sincerely yours,

Support Team
PS, inc.

I want to make sure that it works, so if anyone had done this already, please post and give us your comment on here on how it works
Old 08-13-14, 08:12 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

from further reading information online mirror link is not available on US spec vehicles...smh...oh well hopefully a third party can bring something out or just buy what was mention above.

Last edited by Evil Teo; 08-13-14 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-13-14, 08:41 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Mesh704

Dear Meshal,

Amazon.com : Lightning Digital AV Adapter : MP3 Players & Accessories

4. HDMI2AV
Amazon.com: Etekcity® HDMI to AV Composite RCA CVBS Video + Audio Converter For TV PS3 VHS VCR DVD: Electronics

Sincerely yours,

Support Team
PS, inc.

I'm not sure iPhone will video out thru lighthing connector, you may need to jailbreak it in order to get video out. I may be wrong.
Old 08-13-14, 05:47 PM
atomic350
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm mirroring my iPhone 5s through lightning cable and it works just fine. You just have to convert the hdmi signals to av. You'll need the lightning digital av adapter and a hdmi to av video/audio converter(hdmi2av) plus some cables. Here are some pictures i took

Hacked navi/dvd controller. by mrgxxer, on Flickr

IMG_3421 by mrgxxer, on Flickr
Old 08-13-14, 06:49 PM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by atomic350
I'm mirroring my iPhone 5s through lightning cable and it works just fine. You just have to convert the hdmi signals to av. You'll need the lightning digital av adapter and a hdmi to av video/audio converter(hdmi2av) plus some cables. Here are some pictures i took

So if I have a Samsung Galaxy s5, I just need that hdmi adapter then? I have the beatsonic already too in case your wondering
Old 08-13-14, 06:56 PM
DjRiDe
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by atomic350

looking good! Can you tell us what exactly needed to copy what you have in your pics? I know the digital av adapter for lightning - but what else? Thanks in advance!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: phone mirroring