IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

If you are given a second chance, will you still purchase an IS350 Fsport?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-14, 08:56 AM
Bellator
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone, I'm new to this club... Thought I could find some other Lexus owners in Killeen, Texas area.... By the way I Love my Lexus IS 350' sport 2006- I'd buy again.... I don't even care to upgrade right now... Very attached!
Old 08-04-14, 09:02 AM
bucanero
Pole Position

I was purchasing 2 vehicles at the same time, a work truck and a get me to work car. When I was at the Chevy dealer looking at the trucks saw a 2013 Audi S4 with 3k miles. Sometimes I think about having gone that route, but I'm overall pleased with the 350. Those first couple of months, August/September/October, people were breaking their necks to see what I was driving, which is pretty neat I guess. The new body and LFA tach did it for me. Now that more and more 3IS's are on the road, I'm pretty pleased still because of the small cosmetic mods that I've done, and will continue to do, to still distinguish it from the rest. People still breaking their necks.
Old 08-04-14, 11:04 AM
dAiLL3sT
Lexus Test Driver

coming from a 2011 wrx its quite different honestly if I had the choice again, I think I would keep the wrx.
Old 08-04-14, 11:12 AM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

As much as I enjoy the car sometimes, I would look for something else and take my time. The problem with the 3IS is that it really hooks you on the initial test drive, but ends up disappointing in the long run, so there isn't an easy way to know right away if it's the right car or not. I was impressed with it the first month or so, but now I just don't feel like the car has anything exciting about it other than the nice looks. Same car but with a V8 or a turbo engine would do it for me though! So this time I would either look for something cheaper to just have a daily driver, or I would go for a more powerful car with more torque and excitement.
Old 08-04-14, 11:23 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

grass is always greener, happens all the time
Old 08-04-14, 12:10 PM
dasbuch
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
grass is always greener, happens all the time
Yep. I've owned a lot of cars, and with each one of them I could list at least 20 things on the list of "This car would be ideal if only __________, __________, .... etc".

This applies to everything from the most practical autos to the high end performance cars.
Old 08-04-14, 12:12 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

As much as I would love a 350, a 250 is good enough for everyday driving. I'm happy with my car so far.
Old 08-04-14, 01:00 PM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Don't have an F. But I would have waited for the RC or for the next generation convertible.
Old 08-04-14, 01:41 PM
forum429
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lextacy03
I don't think it was worth the money. You are limited to a few engine mods.
But even supercharging the IS250 it only brings it to stock IS350 level.
Old 08-04-14, 02:21 PM
dizlex
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by forum429
But even supercharging the IS250 it only brings it to stock IS350 level.
Indeed. Why the heck would anyone who is worried about engine mods take the 250 over the 350?
Old 08-04-14, 02:27 PM
dizlex
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TheShaddix
As much as I enjoy the car sometimes, I would look for something else and take my time. The problem with the 3IS is that it really hooks you on the initial test drive, but ends up disappointing in the long run, so there isn't an easy way to know right away if it's the right car or not. I was impressed with it the first month or so, but now I just don't feel like the car has anything exciting about it other than the nice looks. Same car but with a V8 or a turbo engine would do it for me though! So this time I would either look for something cheaper to just have a daily driver, or I would go for a more powerful car with more torque and excitement.
How many sedans are "more exiting"? An M3, sure, and maybe a few others, all that cost much more. Any car under $50k is going to have significant compromises.
Old 08-04-14, 02:33 PM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I came from an STI that had a lot of work done on it, and honestly I enjoy driving this car more. My STI was like running around in a go cart very stiff and uncomfortable. Yes, the power is much less, but I was willing to give that up to have a car that I could drive around in comfortably.
I am happy with the buy, and in the future when I go for another car it may go back to having something ridiculously fast.
who knows...
:0
Old 08-04-14, 06:07 PM
mark168
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by theshaddix
as much as i enjoy the car sometimes, i would look for something else and take my time. The problem with the 3is is that it really hooks you on the initial test drive, but ends up disappointing in the long run, so there isn't an easy way to know right away if it's the right car or not. I was impressed with it the first month or so, but now i just don't feel like the car has anything exciting about it other than the nice looks. Same car but with a v8 or a turbo engine would do it for me though! So this time i would either look for something cheaper to just have a daily driver, or i would go for a more powerful car with more torque and excitement.
so true!!!!
Old 08-04-14, 07:17 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TheShaddix
That usually happens with any car you get. You get used to/bored of the power. Go drive any 4 cylinder for a while and go back to your IS
Old 08-04-14, 07:29 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

My DD is a 2001 Camry, it's a 4 cylinder, 130hp. The 306hp is great on weekends.

Quick Reply: If you are given a second chance, will you still purchase an IS350 Fsport?