IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Painted Black Rear Bumper Portion

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-14, 09:10 AM
FinaLpeace
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know why you guys would want to cover the black portion. It looks nice especially on my Nebula Gray IS. I believe it's there not just for the "looks" but for protective or other reasons?
Old 08-03-14, 01:29 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by FinaLpeace
I dont know why you guys would want to cover the black portion. It looks nice especially on my Nebula Gray IS. I believe it's there not just for the "looks" but for protective or other reasons?
why? because individual tastes vary.

and that piece of plastic isn't protecting anything a rear bumper lip wouldn't do just as well as the rear piece in question really is there just for aesthetic appeal that not all find aesthetically pleasing.
Old 08-03-14, 01:43 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by magne
The moddelista rear bumper only comes with the exhaust.
No possibility to buy just the rear bumper and not the exhaust. Alreday looked into that.

The shipping is about the same to all of europe from japan. It is the weight and size of the exhaust that makes shipping expensive.
Closest EU port would be sweden, gothenburg. But the gain in price for shipping I loose on the way with gasoline and roadpricing charges. Would cost me about 100euros to drive there. And The shipping was not easy to estimate in the first place.
Anyway, the main cost of the kit was the bumper and exhaust, at around 2700$ itself.
Even that is about 2400 euro.
It will hurt to spend that much money on a rear lip, when the stock black plastic one can be bought for a couple of hundred euros. And be painted for a couple of hundred more..

If they ever sell it without exhaust, I'll probably order it.

Until that, I'll see on the web if someone else paints their rear bumper, so I can see how that looks to compare.

Have tought a bit about the aimgain rear lip tho..
do you like the aimgain rear lip? if so, go for it although you sound kinda on the fence. that said, i agree, 2.400€ not including shipping on just a portion is insane and if it's not significantly cheaper sent to another port making the 100€ spent on petrol worth it, then i totally understand. buuuut, i don't think anyone is going to release anything like it and even so, i don't think it'll be done quickly. i mean, perhaps, but not likely.

i don't think i'll paint the rear portion and rather just purchase the modellista kit in time because i'm not sure how it'll look - i may find the stock rear to very well look better than the black portion painted over. conversely, the black piece painted over might look really good. i dunno.

oh, decisions...
Old 08-04-14, 06:38 AM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I'm on the fence.
I like the aimgain rear, but I like the modellista a lot more.
However I can not justify the cost to myself for the modellista rear bumper..