IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2015 IS has a new spoiler option, plus other random tidbits...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-14, 08:19 PM
OrionLex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 IS has a new spoiler option, plus other random tidbits...

I dropped by my Lexus dealership earlier this week to clear up some confusion with and complete my custom build order, and was shown my actual car order in the computer, as well as their retail ordering guide, and the new 2015 IS brochure - in case it helps anybody else here, I'm sharing some of the things I learned here:

(for the U.S. market)...

- "rear lip spoiler" (code LR) is a new option for 2015 IS; I thought it looked nice so I added it to my order (see 1st two pics below)

- "blind spot monitor w/ RCTA", "radar cruise w/ PCS", and "rear power sunshade" remain COMPATIBLE with F-Sport

- "parking assist" remains INCOMPATIBLE with F-Sport for the U.S. market (same as 2014)

- "fog lamps" are still NOT available for F-Sport in the U.S. market, even as an option (same as 2014)

- "lane departure alert" and "automatic high beams" are available only as part of the "luxury & TECHNOLOGY" package, and therefore cannot be had with F-Sport (same as 2014)

- "power/memory seats", "leather seats", "auto intermittent wipers" are available only with the luxury and luxury/tech packages, so cannot be had with F-Sport (same as 2014)

- "power steering column" is also part of the luxury and luxury/tech packages, but can be added to F-Sport as part of the "VGRS & power tilt/telescoping steering column" upgrade option but ONLY for IS350 RWD (not AWD or IS250's)

- "all-weather package" no longer exists, therefore heated steering wheel is a separate standalone option that can be added to AWD vehicles without F-Sport (since the 2015 F-Sport package already includes a different heated steering wheel)

- 2015 IS does NOT come with the touchpad controller, it has the same mouse controller as 2014; rest of the center console remains the same (including cupholders) except for change to a matte finish

- there are two new 19" alloy wheel options, for RWD vehicles (see last 2 pics below)

- in addition to the "performance exhaust" upgrade available in 2014, new options for 2015 include a "performance air intake" and nitrogen gas "shock absorbers" - these accessories can all be seen at: http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/accessories

...and some exterior/interior/trim color differences I posted with some brochure pages elsewhere (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/8657233-post12.html):
- Stratus Gray (2015) and Light Gray (2014) don't look all that different, but it's hard to tell from these brochure images
- Atomic Silver (exterior) is now available for F-Sport
- Flaxen (interior) is no longer available with Nebula Gray Pearl, Silver Lining Metallic, or Matador Red Mica
- Black (interior) is no longer available with Deep Sea Mica
- Illustrious Piano Black (trim) is only available with Nuluxe
- Rioja Red (interior) continues to be available only with Nuluxe
- Ultra White (exterior), Rioja Red (interior) and Silver Performance (trim) options continue to be exclusive to F-Sport only
Attached Thumbnails 2015 IS has a new spoiler option, plus other random tidbits...-image009.png   2015 IS has a new spoiler option, plus other random tidbits...-image010.png   2015 IS has a new spoiler option, plus other random tidbits...-2015-lexus-is-19-in-forged-alloy-wheels-f-sport-accessories-287x215.jpg   2015 IS has a new spoiler option, plus other random tidbits...-2015-lexus-is-19-in-full-face-forged-alloy-wheels-f-sport-accessories-287x215.jpg  

Last edited by OrionLex; 08-05-14 at 12:48 PM.
Old 07-24-14, 08:21 PM
OrionLex
Driver

I was going to scan in the 2015 IS brochure for you guys here, but then found out that it's already posted online!
http://www.lexus.com/documents/broch...S-Brochure.pdf

Here are the performance exhaust, performance air intake, and nitrogen gas shock absorbers. There's also a flat tire repair kit, if anyone is interested in that...
Attached Thumbnails 2015 IS has a new spoiler option, plus other random tidbits...-2015-lexus-is-performance-exhaust-f-sport-accessories-287x215.jpg   2015 IS has a new spoiler option, plus other random tidbits...-2015-lexus-is-performance-air-intake-f-sport-accessories-287x215.jpg   2015 IS has a new spoiler option, plus other random tidbits...-2015-lexus-is-shock-absorbers-f-sport-accessories-287x215-acc143.jpg   2015 IS has a new spoiler option, plus other random tidbits...-2015-lexus-is-flat-tire-repair-kit-f-sport-accessories-287x215.jpg  
Old 07-24-14, 08:32 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for posting this, it finally seems official! I hope they package a lot of the cars with the rear lip spoiler like the did on the 2IS.
Old 07-24-14, 08:40 PM
dasbuch
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just my opinion, I think the rear spoiler looks wrong on the 3IS. On the 2IS body style, I felt it looked naked and too plain without it. But, the rear lip looked flush with the trunk and like it was part of the car. This option looks bolt-on to me. Plus, the 2IS body style in it's initial incarnation was fairly plain, so things like the spoiler and some of the later additions added some charisma and appeal to it. But the 3IS was born with a lot of charisma built into the basic body design, and trying to add more lines just for upsell purposes starts to make it look a little too busy.

The reason the rear spoiler looked great on the 2IS, I think was because the trunk was mostly straight or downsloping looking without it. The 3IS already has its *** in the air, turned up a little. It doesn't need a bolt-on Brazilian butt lift or whatever -- cheapens the look.

As I said, one man's opinion only
Old 07-24-14, 08:44 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 142 Posts

Thank you for sharing all this information OrionLex and for stating if it was a change from 2014 or not - that helps big time!

Any idea how much the rear lip spoiler runs direct from Lexus? I know there are similar aftermarket products that people were installing on their 2014 cars.

All the best,

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 07-24-14, 09:05 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

nice, thanks for sharing. Time i go buy that spoiler for my '14
=D
Old 07-24-14, 09:21 PM
nytefury
Driver School Candidate

Also, don't see fog lights for fsport or did I miss it?
Old 07-24-14, 09:52 PM
scarboy693
Rookie

Originally Posted by nytefury
Also, don't see fog lights for fsport or did I miss it?
I think when they mentioned LED Fog lights they meant the Luxury pack gets LED instead of the halogen fogs now
Old 07-24-14, 09:54 PM
nytefury
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by scarboy693
I think when they mentioned LED Fog lights they meant the Luxury pack gets LED instead of the halogen fogs now
I see, thanks for the clarification!
Old 07-25-14, 03:17 AM
magne
Lead Lap

All of these options was avalible as extra add ons on the EU lexus IS when it was relased a year ago..

Had the pre sales brouchure with pictures of the the rims, spoiler and exhaust. That brouchure I got sometime around may 2013..

Sometimes I can't belive how far behind the US market is when it comes to lexus parts.

Btw. The only option out of all avalible parts and packages for the f-sport in Europe (Norway) that can't be ordred, is the rear power sunshade.
EVERYTHING else can be added with the f-sport... except for the 350 version. We only get the hybrid and the 250 in europe.
Old 07-25-14, 03:48 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

We've have these options for about a year now in the UK.

Old 07-25-14, 06:26 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

This is sort of like fashion. Some of the things marketed in the European and Asian markets eventually make it to the US.
Old 07-25-14, 09:52 AM
StraySheep
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Do all European and Asian models get have Lexus emblem at the rear trunk?
Old 07-25-14, 11:06 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Does anyone have other photos of the factory rear lip spoiler? I have done an image search and I am having trouble finding any. My dealer says they can have it added as a port installed option so I have to let them know something soon. BTW, it is $380.00 option.
Old 07-25-14, 12:38 PM
NickD82
Driver School Candidate

That spoiler looks great!

Quick Reply: 2015 IS has a new spoiler option, plus other random tidbits...