IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

F-Sport compatibility with lane departure/AHB, radar cruise/PCS, etc. (U.S. market)??

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-14, 03:49 AM
OrionLex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Sport compatibility with lane departure/AHB, radar cruise/PCS, etc. (U.S. market)??

Hey, does anybody know with ABSOLUTE certainty whether the 3IS F-Sport in the U.S. market (basically 2014 model, since nobody has a 2015 yet) is compatible with any of these features (basically if you have them in your F-Sport then you know for certain!):

- park assist? (my dealer claims it's not compatible)

- lane departure warning w/ automatic high beams? (this was part of the "technology" portion of the luxury/tech package for 2014, but I don't know if this was/is able to be added on to F-Sport independently?)

- dynamic radar cruise control w/ pre-collision system? (my dealer claims that this is on my order, but I don't know if he can be believed or not, see below)

- blind spot monitor w/ rear cross traffic alert? (my dealer did NOT include this in my order even though I'm pretty damn sure this is compatible with F-Sports! also, is there a version of BSM *without* the rear cross traffic alert?)

- power rear sunshade? (again, this is supposedly on my order, but I do not see it listed as an option at all on the 2015 spec sheet anymore!)

...ANY help would be greatly appreciated! My first Lexus ordering experience has not been going smoothly at all - despite me providing my build order request in a very clearly delineated list via email, a feature which I asked for which I'm sure is possible (ie - BSM) was not included, and instead he added a performance exhaust option ($1470!!) which I did not even want! How hard can it be for Lexus to make their ordering system less painful (and easier to figure out - not even the dealers know what is or isn't possible!)? I'm not impressed so far - just can't wait until I get my first Lexus so I can forget this part of the experience...
Old 07-19-14, 08:19 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

You cannot get 1st 2nd and last item with F-sport, even for 2015 MY. You can get radar cruise with F-Sport but most people have it they special ordered. BSM comes with rear cross traffic automatically, it uses the same radar sensors on the side of bumper. Not sure why you wouldn't want this bc it saved me a few times backing out of parking lot.
Old 07-19-14, 01:02 PM
Jake
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Power Rear Sunshade is a stand-alone option and can be had on 14MY F-Sport's.
Old 07-19-14, 01:33 PM
OrionLex
Driver

Originally Posted by dojoman
You cannot get 1st 2nd and last item with F-sport, even for 2015 MY. You can get radar cruise with F-Sport but most people have it they special ordered. BSM comes with rear cross traffic automatically, it uses the same radar sensors on the side of bumper. Not sure why you wouldn't want this bc it saved me a few times backing out of parking lot.
Thanks for your help! I did not mean that I didn't want the rear cross traffic (of course I do!) - I was actually wondering if it sometimes comes without it. The reason I asked is because on the U.S. "Build Your Lexus" website (which is one of the worst webpages ever!), there are 9 pre-configured "packages" listed for the IS350 AWD, of which 5 (including 3 F-Sport ones) include "Blind Spot Monitor System", and the other 4 include "Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert". I didn't know if they were actually the same thing, and if so why there's 2 different listings for it. Lexus seriously needs to clarify their options/packages on their website and with their dealerships (not even they know!)...
Old 07-19-14, 01:36 PM
OrionLex
Driver

Originally Posted by Jake
Power Rear Sunshade is a stand-alone option and can be had on 14MY F-Sport's.
Thanks - does this mean you have the rear power sunshade on your F-Sport? It supposedly is added onto my F-Sport order, but my dealer is not proving to be reliable (he did not add BSM even though I requested it!) so I'm not sure what to believe anymore...
Old 07-19-14, 01:42 PM
larry13
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check pm lol
Old 07-19-14, 05:00 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by OrionLex
Thanks for your help! I did not mean that I didn't want the rear cross traffic (of course I do!) - I was actually wondering if it sometimes comes without it. The reason I asked is because on the U.S. "Build Your Lexus" website (which is one of the worst webpages ever!), there are 9 pre-configured "packages" listed for the IS350 AWD, of which 5 (including 3 F-Sport ones) include "Blind Spot Monitor System", and the other 4 include "Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert". I didn't know if they were actually the same thing, and if so why there's 2 different listings for it. Lexus seriously needs to clarify their options/packages on their website and with their dealerships (not even they know!)...
It could be possible Lexus may have BSM only but BSM with cross traffic uses the same radar, if BSM only then Lexus may have specific sensors only BSM. Check with your dealer before you place order.
Old 07-24-14, 08:59 AM
OrionLex
Driver

Originally Posted by OrionLex
Hey, does anybody know with ABSOLUTE certainty whether the 3IS F-Sport in the U.S. market (basically 2014 model, since nobody has a 2015 yet) is compatible with any of these features (basically if you have them in your F-Sport then you know for certain!):

- park assist? (my dealer claims it's not compatible)

- lane departure warning w/ automatic high beams? (this was part of the "technology" portion of the luxury/tech package for 2014, but I don't know if this was/is able to be added on to F-Sport independently?)

- dynamic radar cruise control w/ pre-collision system? (my dealer claims that this is on my order, but I don't know if he can be believed or not, see below)

- blind spot monitor w/ rear cross traffic alert? (my dealer did NOT include this in my order even though I'm pretty damn sure this is compatible with F-Sports! also, is there a version of BSM *without* the rear cross traffic alert?)

- power rear sunshade? (again, this is supposedly on my order, but I do not see it listed as an option at all on the 2015 spec sheet anymore!)
I have definitive answers for these questions now, courtesy of my completed car order, and also the retail ordering guide I was shown...

BSM w/ RCTA, radar cruise w/ PCS, and power rear sunshade are all compatible with F-Sport (they are all on my final build order). Parking assist remains in conflict with F-Sport for the U.S. market for 2015 (similar to 2014). Lane departure warning and automatic high beams are available only as part of the "luxury & TECHNOLOGY" package in the U.S. market, and therefore cannot be had with F-Sport. In conclusion, U.S. market sux...

Originally Posted by dojoman
It could be possible Lexus may have BSM only but BSM with cross traffic uses the same radar, if BSM only then Lexus may have specific sensors only BSM. Check with your dealer before you place order.
I've verified that the BSM+RCTA is the same whether it's ordered as a package for F-Sport vehicles, or whether it's part of the luxury packages (either way it's code 037C). The U.S. "build your Lexus" website is just simply atrocious and causes more confusion than it actually helps...