IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Worst dealer service ever @ Maplewood Lexus in MN!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-14, 10:46 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ramon, Thanks for your posts! You may be right also but let's see how they treat me as person. Another owner IM'd me and told me service quality can vary and be inconsistent among dealers.

Last edited by SonyHome; 07-20-14 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-21-14, 09:43 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome
Perhaps you are right but even then I don't think I saw this after 2 or 3 months after I got the car. By that time I probably only had 1500 miles on it and who's to say they wouldn't have said the same thing.
They would have said the same thing. They don't cover cosmetic issues...and once you've had possession of the car for 2 or 3 months and 1500 miles...theres no way to prove that they caused the issue and you did not. If you're going to blame cosmetic damage to the car on the dealer that sold you the car, you need to bring it to their attention when you take delivery, or maybe the next day. After that you're on your own.

You analogy with valet is different and yes I would say that is common sense because valet is only in your car for 1 specific instance and that would be only time you could prove it. To say that owner has to find all defects within first week or first month seems unreasonable especially they have these 6mo checkups for things like this.
Its no different. The 6 month checkups are for scheduled maintenance, cosmetic issues are not covered under the warranty.

I'm moving on and will use another dealer in town.
No dealer would have handled this any differently.
Old 07-21-14, 05:46 PM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

After watching the pics I get what you mean . If you are having problems with the button try explaining to the dealership the situation ( check new cars in the dealership before going to the service to make sure a problem exists only in your car ) .

I also agree with you about the dealer treating you as a liar which is not a good way to go , but don't expect them to replace your break pad either since break dust is just normal ( if they replaced it then it is very excellent service , and if not then you cannot hold any thing against them since break pads are already used and there is nothing on the warranty rules about replacing it ).

Finally I read some of the comments and they seem to be harsh and disrespectful to be honest and this is unfortunate since they are coming from clublexus members .
Old 07-21-14, 06:09 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AMNss
After watching the pics I get what you mean . If you are having problems with the button try explaining to the dealership the situation ( check new cars in the dealership before going to the service to make sure a problem exists only in your car ) .

I also agree with you about the dealer treating you as a liar which is not a good way to go , but don't expect them to replace your break pad either since break dust is just normal ( if they replaced it then it is very excellent service , and if not then you cannot hold any thing against them since break pads are already used and there is nothing on the warranty rules about replacing it ).

Finally I read some of the comments and they seem to be harsh and disrespectful to be honest and this is unfortunate since they are coming from clublexus members .
+ 1 on this one. Thumbs up!
I do believe that OP was not unreasonable and belligerent. OP brought up some concerns with the subject dealer even though they seem to be small issues, some perhaps were unwarrantable. I am not saying that the dealer should have fixed all three issues but doing so would mean in fact excellent customer service. One example, when I owned Audi A6 I had a small tear on the door panel (in fact I caused the issue) I brought to my dealer's attention. They without any questions asked replaced the entire door panel with new leather and genuine wood on it. I am assuming it was a pricy part. Did they have to do that? Hell no, but they did and I was extremely satisfied so I gave the best reviews to that dealer.

As for other members attacking OP - please don't forget not everyone here are fellow 3IS owners but many work for Lexus dealers.
Old 07-21-14, 06:45 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is Lexus people, if the problem was yours instead of SonyHome's, you too would want exceptional service, big or small. If we wanted mediocre service, we would've settled for a non luxury brand. Ask yourselves why did you pay the premium for your car?
Old 07-21-14, 07:05 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Originally Posted by Dark9t316
This is Lexus people, if the problem was yours instead of SonyHome's, you too would want exceptional service, big or small. If we wanted mediocre service, we would've settled for a non luxury brand. Ask yourselves why did you pay the premium for your car?
I would not expect the dealer to repair cosmetic damage that happened when I bought the car 6 months ago.

Paying a premium for a luxury car doesn't mean that the dealer owes me any sort of unreasonable service. That request is the one I take issue with.

Originally Posted by salvadorik
As for other members attacking OP - please don't forget not everyone here are fellow 3IS owners but many work for Lexus dealers.
Just stop with the paranoia crap. Nobody here works for dealers or are plants from dealers.
Old 07-21-14, 07:36 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SW13GS

I would not expect the dealer to repair cosmetic damage that happened when I bought the car 6 months ago.

Paying a premium for a luxury car doesn't mean that the dealer owes me any sort of unreasonable service. That request is the one I take issue with.

Just stop with the paranoia crap. Nobody here works for dealers or are plants from dealers.
6 month is a long time to complain about issues to a dealer, but obviously the real issue is that people have different definitions of what's reasonable. Different dealers and different service reps will react differently to situations like this. If they have any business sense, a small fix for a customer can go a long way. Customer is always right. **** off a customer, you may lose a customer for life.
Old 07-21-14, 07:49 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

[QUOTE=salvadorik;8635523please don't forget not everyone here are fellow 3IS owners but many work for Lexus dealers.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you're joking or didn't clearly think about what you just said before posting. Are you telling me if we take a poll asking

1) Do you own a 3IS
2) Do you work for Lexus

That more Lexus employees than 3IS owners?
Old 07-21-14, 07:59 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SW13GS

Nobody is saying here that OP was unequivocally entitled to the service that he requested. Yes the dealer justified their position very clearly and yes we all know that dealers are in the business of making money. But agreeing to fix those three issues would not have been the end of the world for the dealer. In fact they would have demonstrated that they are willing to go extra mile to keep the customers happy. Let me tell you something. I am a CPA myself and I deal with a variety of customers. I have some easy going clients and of course some clients that require very special treatment. Quite a few of them are not willing to pay the taxes at all! Rather frequently I just charge only enough to cover my overhead and sometimes completely write it off. So I believe that keeping clients happy is the key in providing service. Lexus can and should do the same. Dealers know how to charge tons of money for simple services. Sometimes there are those customers where losing little money will further bolster your reputation that inevitably results in more customer retention and even switching from competitors. The bottom line is I am not very impressed with Lexus. It is a good brand but so far I have not seen or experienced the type of the service that is known for. And please keep your personal attacks for yourself we want to see more discussions that are subject centered.
Old 07-21-14, 08:12 PM
hoosier1
Driver

Having a dealership remove your steering wheel to install an accessory is risky. Your scratch likely happened at that time, but it appears that many of the interior surfaces of the IS are fragile...especially the dash. I would recommend that you attempt to use a non-abrasive car polish on the scratch. If you search the IS thread, note that there are several posts for steering wheel damage due to rings and other items.

I also detail my cars prior to service visits and ask the SA to inspect the car for damage. I also wait at the dealership while having service performed. The local BMW dealership has a glass wall where you can watch as your car is serviced, and I miss that arrangement at my local Lexus dealership. BMW technicians are for the most part highly compensated for their knowledge. It's interesting that the Lexus dealership has mechanic openings advertised paying 13 - 17 bucks an hour and will train the right person. A thorough walk around is completed prior to driving away from the dealership. I have experienced damage during service visits but will immediately point out the damage. With that said, sometimes no repair is requested, as the more they mess with your car, the more cosmetic damage will result.

Brake dust is minimal compared to BMW. I really enjoy not having a heavy, and I do mean to the extreme, brake dust on my IS. Brake dust is normal for BMW and Audi.

After reading your button alignment issue, I checked my IS and 2013 ES buttons. One of my buttons is more recessed than the others, and the ES buttons are not perfectly aligned. They look okay and function perfectly. If your ACC button is functioning properly, you will run into the scenario of fix a thing, break a thing, if the dealership attempts a repair.

The great thing about buying a new car is the warranty, new car smell and knowing the history of your car. You mentioned that it's been 13 years since you purchased your last new car. I can understand why you want everything to be perfect and perhaps the reason for your anger is the dealership making you feel like a liar.
Old 07-21-14, 08:14 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ramon
I'm not sure if you're joking or didn't clearly think about what you just said before posting. Are you telling me if we take a poll asking

1) Do you own a 3IS
2) Do you work for Lexus

That more Lexus employees than 3IS owners?
Perhaps there is a third option - you misinterpreted me. My post did not imply any number comparison neither did it refer to the fact that majority members here represent Lexus. I was simply replying to the CL member that it should not be surprising to see that the attacks addressed to the OP were coming from Lexus dealer employees. It just appeared to me that the attacks were very aggressive and they generally come from people who take the underlying issues personally. This is just my opinion.
Old 07-21-14, 08:31 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by salvadorik
Perhaps there is a third option - you misinterpreted me. My post did not imply any number comparison neither did it refer to the fact that majority members here represent Lexus. I was simply replying to the CL member that it should not be surprising to see that the attacks addressed to the OP were coming from Lexus dealer employees. It just appeared to me that the attacks were very aggressive and they generally come from people who take the underlying issues personally. This is just my opinion.
You said there are not many 3IS owners but many Lexus employees around here. That to me suggests you're saying one is greater than the other. Specifically more Lexus employees than 3IS owners in the forum. The third option appears to be that you didn't say what you think you said.

Someone either is or is not an employee. The pretense that the replies are from Lexus employees is not a matter of opinion. Your accusation is either right or wrong. I won't presume to speak for everyone as you attempted to do so, but I will say that as far as I'm concerned, your accusation is wrong and without merit.
Old 07-21-14, 08:44 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ramon
You said there are not many 3IS owners but many Lexus employees around here. That to me suggests you're saying one is greater than the other. Specifically more Lexus employees than 3IS owners in the forum. The third option appears to be that you didn't say what you think you said.

Someone either is or is not an employee. The pretense that the replies are from Lexus employees is not a matter of opinion. Your accusation is either right or wrong. I won't presume to speak for everyone as you attempted to do so, but I will say that as far as I'm concerned, your accusation is wrong and without merit.
lol I am not sure what your objective is here. You are trying to undermine my credibility? Nobody accused here anybody, period. You completely misinterpreted me. Dude, lets get back to the topic and stop personal attacks. We are here to discuss the car related issues and we want unbiased and honest discussions, period.
Old 07-21-14, 08:48 PM
luke5656
Driver School Candidate

Never take your car to the dealership.
Old 07-21-14, 09:06 PM
gvan1998
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a public forum, if you don't like to be criticized then don't post anything on public forums.

Quick Reply: Worst dealer service ever @ Maplewood Lexus in MN!