IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Worst dealer service ever @ Maplewood Lexus in MN!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-14, 04:40 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

you have brake dust, the tiniest of scratches (that you reported six months later), and some button issue.

time to get rid of the car. lemon law.
Old 07-20-14, 05:17 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

This is a waste of a thread
Old 07-20-14, 06:20 AM
gvan1998
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you felt that adament scratch should be fixed then you should of took it to the dealer as soon as you discovered the problem. Its like discovering a door ding 6 months later and tell the dealer that I bought the car like that.
Old 07-20-14, 08:16 AM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1) Brakes produce dust. In every car, some more than others. There's really nothing for them to "fix" unless they have pads authorized by Lexus that produce less brake dust.

2) I'd love to see a photo of this misaligned button, because something tells me there's nothing wrong with it and you're being extremely nitpicky.

3) Service manager is right. If there's a scratch on the car that's bothering you that was there from day one, you bring it to their attention right away, not 5k miles later.

This sounds like more like a case of bad customer than bad customer service tbh.
Old 07-20-14, 08:35 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome
Love the 3IS F-Sport but VERY DISAPPOINTENTED with Maplewood Lexus Service & Lexus Customer Service!
I agree with everybody else, you're being totally unreasonable. The pads create a lot of dust, they do on all of these cars. You can upgrade the pads to lower dusting pads if you want. If the dealer replaced your pads it would be with the same pads that came on the car...and they would still dust.

For the button, is the button misaligned? Can you post a picture? It sounds like you just don't like where the button is located. Buttons are not adjustable lol.

As for the scratch, they are totally right that you can't expect them to repair a scratch you say was there when you bought the car SEVERAL MONTHS AGO. If you wanted it fixed you should have told them about it right away.

Your expectations are totally out of whack here. If this is the "worst experience you've ever had with a dealer in your life"...then you've had a sheltered life LOL.
Old 07-20-14, 09:02 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

$46 with Sewell discount for low dust pads.

http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2013/4944.html
Old 07-20-14, 09:50 AM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm still curious how OP determined a scratch he didn't notice until months later "came with the car..." lol
Old 07-20-14, 11:11 AM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

When it comes to customer service, the customer is always right..

However, I would hate to work for Lexus if people like you came along with these baby problems. Time to suck it up!
Old 07-20-14, 12:25 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ramon
I'm still curious how OP determined a scratch he didn't notice until months later "came with the car..." lol
As stated before since I didn't cause the scratch I assume it came with the car. I think you would definitely know if some event caused by you introduced the scratch. So is it your assessment that if you didn't see it initially you scratched it?

Last edited by SonyHome; 07-20-14 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-20-14, 12:27 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by davyjordi
you have brake dust, the tiniest of scratches (that you reported six months later), and some button issue.

time to get rid of the car. lemon law.
As stated before I'm happy with the car just not the service.
Old 07-20-14, 12:30 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gvan1998
If you felt that adament scratch should be fixed then you should of took it to the dealer as soon as you discovered the problem. Its like discovering a door ding 6 months later and tell the dealer that I bought the car like that.
I have little nicks in the wheel but I didn't even mention that because I knew those came after delivery. All I asked was defect that came with the car be repaired granted brake dust issue may not have been a defect but other two in my mind are.
Old 07-20-14, 12:40 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SW13GS
I agree with everybody else, you're being totally unreasonable. The pads create a lot of dust, they do on all of these cars. You can upgrade the pads to lower dusting pads if you want. If the dealer replaced your pads it would be with the same pads that came on the car...and they would still dust.

For the button, is the button misaligned? Can you post a picture? It sounds like you just don't like where the button is located. Buttons are not adjustable lol.

As for the scratch, they are totally right that you can't expect them to repair a scratch you say was there when you bought the car SEVERAL MONTHS AGO. If you wanted it fixed you should have told them about it right away.

Your expectations are totally out of whack here. If this is the "worst experience you've ever had with a dealer in your life"...then you've had a sheltered life LOL.
Button isn't misaligned. Think of it this way, if you have 6 radio preset buttons and 1 was sunken in to the hole making it difficult to press would you want them to see if that button could be raised to the same height as other buttons? That's what my ACC button is doing. It's sunken in lower.

Shelter life? Please don't make any assumptions that you don't have any facts on. Although I've had dealers not see things from my view point on things no one has treated/accused me like I"m lying.
Old 07-20-14, 12:45 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ramon
This sounds like more like a case of bad customer than bad customer service tbh.
You must work for a Lexus dealer because that is exactly how I felt like I was being treated. So I'm a bad customer if I want minor defects addressed?
Old 07-20-14, 12:50 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RoiteTrom
When it comes to customer service, the customer is always right..

However, I would hate to work for Lexus if people like you came along with these baby problems. Time to suck it up!
Believe me I do not like to go to the dealer any more than I have to. But these are the kinds of issue that would be brought up 6mo/5k checkup. As I've said before my car only has 3k miles but because it's been 6mo I took the car in. Non of these are things I couldn't live with but given that car is under warranty and I'm bringing in my car for 6mo checkup why couldn't I ask them to address these?
Old 07-20-14, 12:54 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

i think that if the general consensus of the various members who have contributed to your thread is in alignment with the general consensus of the dealership to which you went, then you probably should revisit your own held notions of mistreatment and reasonability.

food for thought.

Quick Reply: Worst dealer service ever @ Maplewood Lexus in MN!