Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bluetooth Audio and Voice Command

Old 07-18-14, 07:03 PM   #1
dolfan13
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Bluetooth Audio and Voice Command

I am the proud new owner of an IS350 F Sport AWD and loving it! After playing around with all of the tech inside, I found a couple of things that don't seem to work that well (or at all). I'd appreciate any insight on the following:

1) Bluetooth Audio with Galaxy S4 - When I first start my car, the bluetooth connection is made without a problem but when I switch the source to Bluetooth Audio to start playing songs from my phone, it will not play anything despite hitting the play button on the nav screen. In order to get the songs going, I have to press play on my phone first and then the car controls (skip/previous track) will work. I find this to be an annoyance that I have to pull my phone out to hit Play. Any tips or am I stuck with this?

2) Voice Command - after reading all the voice commands in the manual, only the basic ones seem to work (e.g. navigation, audio source control, phone) but the commands to "play a song" or control the climate control do not work. I estimate that 30% of the commands in the manual actually work for me. Is this a firmware problem?

Thanks in advance for any help!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
dolfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-14, 01:28 PM   #2
VGer
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfan13 View Post
2) Voice Command - after reading all the voice commands in the manual, only the basic ones seem to work (e.g. navigation, audio source control, phone) but the commands to "play a song" or control the climate control do not work. I estimate that 30% of the commands in the manual actually work for me. Is this a firmware problem?
For the "play a song" commands to work the phone has to be hooked up via USB. This may also help with #1 as well...
VGer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-14, 01:56 PM   #3
Larry96815
Lead Lap

The voice command on mine is useless. I gave up on it. Maybe one times in ten will it understand what I am saying. My wife has the same results.
Old 07-19-14, 09:21 PM   #4
scarboy693
Rookie

scarboy6693

I've only used my voice control for putting in addresses and it works every time. Haven't heard good things about other commands tho
Old 07-19-14, 10:07 PM   #5
dojoman
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)

Voice commands works really well for me. I have all my music in the usb and I just say play artists, play song or play album to look up certain music.

If I want to look up something in navigation I just say "find nearby Best Buy" then it will show a list of nearby best buy without touching a single button.

Say "warmer" to increase AC temp or "cooler" to lower.

Say "CD" to play cd, say "bluetooth audio" to stream music from bluetooth device. Say "Launch Pandora" for Enform app, say "how is the weather" to show weather screen. These are just a few commands.

Last edited by dojoman; 07-19-14 at 10:23 PM..
dojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-14, 10:07 PM