IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

iPod Errors and USB ports

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-14, 07:52 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Did anyone read my message re: changing from a classic iPod to an iPod Nano? That corrected all my errors and drop outs. I've also used the iPod Nano in an IS250 loaner car and had no issues.
Old 11-26-14, 04:32 AM
IS350SWFL
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Did anyone read my message re: changing from a classic iPod to an iPod Nano? That corrected all my errors and drop outs. I've also used the iPod Nano in an IS250 loaner car and had no issues.
No, i didn't see it. So with the Nano, it played songs ok and it charged? What about when you got out of the car...did the nano turn off by itself or did u have to turn it off to keep it from going dead?
Old 11-26-14, 10:52 AM
tangbb6
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IS350SWFL
No, i didn't see it. So with the Nano, it played songs ok and it charged? What about when you got out of the car...did the nano turn off by itself or did u have to turn it off to keep it from going dead?
I am using a iPod Nano (2nd generation) with no problems. It plays and charges as well, plus turns off automatically when the car is off. On some occasion, I do need to reboot the iPod when the car does not recognize it- this happens only 1-2 times a month though.
Old 11-27-14, 07:15 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

my car has had the same issues, stereo also rebooted about 5 different times now as well.
i am frustrated with the electronics and the fact the seat heaters don't work worth a damn, the car will not stay in sport mode between drives
and the fact i cannot get a factory remote start (and even if i could the car would shut down as you enter it and need to be restarted)
i am also frustrated that i cannot buy the car equipped the way I want it... i got an F sport but had to give up heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel, seat memories, reverse tilting mirror, lane keep assist, rain sense wipers.
i was willing to give all that up but i did not anticipate the terrible heated seats that get luke warm, the fact i cannot use all 8 gears while in sport mode unless i manually shift, the buggy stereo, buggy navigation and the fact the voice recognition works about 1/2 the time.
i am so glad i only leased for 27 months!
once my lease is up, in getting a cadillac cts-v sport or the Ats-v sport twin turbo

5 different driving modes, way more HP and i already have the same navigation system in my GMC truck and for the most part has worked flawless.
i can remote start my truck by key fob or by app on my phone. when you buy the top of the line model you also get
heated and cooled seats.
seat memories
headlights that steer
rain sense wipers
lane departure warning
radar cruise (already have that)
reverse tilt mirror
in car wifi hotspot
color Head up display
carbon fiber trim and suede accents

interestingly enough the CTS and ATS both use the same 8 speed transmission as the Lexus

i also have a 2013 GS 350 F sport AWD wholes lease will be coming up 3 months before my IS and i am not sure what we are replacing it with. but my wife has had similar issues with her nav system and iPod errors as well.
personally i am not interested in another lexus but we may consider the new NX. i plan to take one for a test drive before making any purchase to make sure the navigation is up to my expectations otherwise we may get the acura. at least their navigation works!

and if Lexus is reading these posts. these are my 3rd and 4th lexus vehicles we left and came back once before..
when i spend 40,50,60k on a vehicle i would be able to order it exactly how i want just like burger king!
it's my money and my car payment and YOU don't get to decide how i want to equip my vehicle!

look at any other manufacturer, from audi, BMW even honda or acura GM dodge they all allow you to put together a build sheet or buy the fully loaded model in some way shape or form.

lexus toyota not a chance! i have to buy it the way you think i want it equipped. i can either get a luxury, a touring or sport with a few variations.

sorry to hijack this thread. i guess you might say i am a little frustrated.
Old 11-28-14, 06:52 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS350SWFL
Yes, to all. When I had my iPod Classic it would regularly shut down and indicate "Audio Off". That never happens now.
Old 11-28-14, 06:54 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
my car has had the same issues, stereo also rebooted about 5 different times now as well.
i am frustrated with the electronics and the fact the seat heaters don't work worth a damn, the car will not stay in sport mode between drives
and the fact i cannot get a factory remote start (and even if i could the car would shut down as you enter it and need to be restarted)
i am also frustrated that i cannot buy the car equipped the way I want it... i got an F sport but had to give up heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel, seat memories, reverse tilting mirror, lane keep assist, rain sense wipers.
i was willing to give all that up but i did not anticipate the terrible heated seats that get luke warm, the fact i cannot use all 8 gears while in sport mode unless i manually shift, the buggy stereo, buggy navigation and the fact the voice recognition works about 1/2 the time.
i am so glad i only leased for 27 months!
once my lease is up, in getting a cadillac cts-v sport or the Ats-v sport twin turbo

5 different driving modes, way more HP and i already have the same navigation system in my GMC truck and for the most part has worked flawless.
i can remote start my truck by key fob or by app on my phone. when you buy the top of the line model you also get
heated and cooled seats.
seat memories
headlights that steer
rain sense wipers
lane departure warning
radar cruise (already have that)
reverse tilt mirror
in car wifi hotspot
color Head up display
carbon fiber trim and suede accents

interestingly enough the CTS and ATS both use the same 8 speed transmission as the Lexus

i also have a 2013 GS 350 F sport AWD wholes lease will be coming up 3 months before my IS and i am not sure what we are replacing it with. but my wife has had similar issues with her nav system and iPod errors as well.
personally i am not interested in another lexus but we may consider the new NX. i plan to take one for a test drive before making any purchase to make sure the navigation is up to my expectations otherwise we may get the acura. at least their navigation works!

and if Lexus is reading these posts. these are my 3rd and 4th lexus vehicles we left and came back once before..
when i spend 40,50,60k on a vehicle i would be able to order it exactly how i want just like burger king!
it's my money and my car payment and YOU don't get to decide how i want to equip my vehicle!

look at any other manufacturer, from audi, BMW even honda or acura GM dodge they all allow you to put together a build sheet or buy the fully loaded model in some way shape or form.

lexus toyota not a chance! i have to buy it the way you think i want it equipped. i can either get a luxury, a touring or sport with a few variations.

sorry to hijack this thread. i guess you might say i am a little frustrated.
You have reason to be frustrated, but be sure you do your research on the CUE system before you give up and move to Cadillac. Re: your wife's 2013 GS F Sport, I also have one and I agree the voice commands leave a lot to be desired. However, since I got my iPod Nano I have none of the stereo issues I was having with my previous iPod. Aside from the voice commands, I can't find anything to be dissatisfied with.
Old 11-29-14, 06:15 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dseag2
You have reason to be frustrated, but be sure you do your research on the CUE system before you give up and move to Cadillac. Re: your wife's 2013 GS F Sport, I also have one and I agree the voice commands leave a lot to be desired. However, since I got my iPod Nano I have none of the stereo issues I was having with my previous iPod. Aside from the voice commands, I can't find anything to be dissatisfied with.
i heard about the cue and the issues.
interestingly enough, there is a guy on the GM forums that is offering a service. he can take my GMC intelilink system and for a fee reprogram it with the CUE system.
doing so will add video while in motion, also unlock the ability to input addresses while driving and add text messages feature just like the CUE. it will also play video from a USB port or from the SD card slot.
with that in mind and knowing that my system is essentially a CUE in disguise i feel fairly confident they have most the bugs worked out.

something else i want to mention..
I've been on quote a few GM product related websites including corvette when i had my Vette.
often times when complains or problems are brought up in threads GM cuts service employees will respond or send you a PM. it is clear that GM is "listening" to their customers and based on the products they have recently released are making an effort to bring a product to market that makes people happy.
damn smart if you ask me!
it is not uncommon for gm to issue a bulletin to dealers based on complaints from consumers and in most cases they are willing to address these issues.
even if they go unresolved i think it is nice to know they are making an effort!

lexus on the other hand either speaks a different language, or simply doesn't care as has been evident here on several things to complain about.

if i had any real complaint about GM its that they are making some pretty neat vehicles, but the vast majority of cars i might be interest in have a pathetic amount of hp installed under the hood.
we looked at an acadia and to put that wimpy little 3.6l in a vehicle that big was a mistake.
but they do have the 3.6l twin turbo. if they offered that in the denali line i would be a buyer.
Old 11-29-14, 07:18 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

GM is making some great vehicles. I bought their stock because of it. Of course, the value of the stock has been battered because of the lawsuits and recalls.

Anyway, I signed up in the Lexus Owners Club and receive regular surveys on what improvements I'd like to see and my need for possible new technologies. I also received an email from Lexus letting me know what improvements have been put in place due to owners' input into the surveys, so they are listening as well. Maybe just not as overtly.
Old 12-07-14, 12:51 PM
11oops
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
If you're this disappointed, then why wait? Go to the Cadillac dealership and see what they'll give you to trade it in now. As long as their trade-in value is enough to cover the majority of the lease pay-off, you can end your lease today. And if you're as upset as you seem to be, even if you have to pay a little bit out of pocket, it may still be worth it to you.
Old 12-08-14, 12:43 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 11oops
If you're this disappointed, then why wait? Go to the Cadillac dealership and see what they'll give you to trade it in now. As long as their trade-in value is enough to cover the majority of the lease pay-off, you can end your lease today. And if you're as upset as you seem to be, even if you have to pay a little bit out of pocket, it may still be worth it to you.
2 reasons

1 because the ATS-Vsport has not been released yet and i want to take a look at that before i decide on which one i want.

2 i am only 12 months into a 27 month lease and none of the dealers will give me anymore than 35K for a car that i still owe about 41k on last i checked.
even with a negotiation of 6 grand off a new CTS-Vsport with a sticker of 70K leaves me at 64k + my negative equity brings me right back to 70 grand.
on a lease that will be about 1100 a month.
it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to roll 6 grand of negative equity into a leased vehicle! if i could get what i owe and walk i would have already done that!
take the 6 grand discount they offered and make a payment in the 800 range

i am not going to walk away from 6g's when i can simply wait another year, use that money towards the lease payment.
also, the 2014 doesn't have wifi hotspot or the texting feature. so anything i get would have to be a 2015 or newer.

look, i don't HATE the car! and if you lived at 6500 feet ASL and bought a 350 but get the performance of a 250 you might understand.
if i lived at sea level i might be a little less frustrated with the car. the electronic issues are for the most part minor but still annoying.

i do take some blame on myself as the car that my IS 350 replaced as a daily driver was a 2012 Centennial edition ZO6. it didn't make a very practical daily driver, but had butt loads of torque! i wish it was an automatic though. on a track i would rather have a manual but for DD i would rather have an auto and since i don't track my cars i feel i am pretty much done with standard transmissions anyway

but for the time being i have my 2014 GMC sierra with the new stingray's 6.2L and the first ever edelbrock e-force supercharger installed in a GM truck making 624 hp it runs 13 secs flat in the 1/4 at sea level and will flat out smoke the **** out of my IS (straight line of course) that is currently filling my need for entertainment.
ive smoked a couple highly modified harley davidson bikes with it from a couple stop lights so far that was quite amusing in the past week!
besides, with winter around the corner i am in no hurry to jump on a brand new 450 hp RWD sports luxury sedan until spring anyway with sand and snow on the roads.

also it is much more likely ill deal with a Texas or California dealer because any RWD luxury sports sedan will fetch a higher resale value for my IS in states where it doesn't snow, verses colorado.

trust me, this aint by far my first rodeo! I've bought and leased MANY cars over the years. when i first started looking at cadillac my IS was only 7 months old and thats what too early to get out of a lease especially to a competitor brand. i bet if i traded in at a lexus dealer i could easily get another grand or 2 for it as a trade in.
i sat in the RC 350 and was unimpressed. the navigation touch pad thingy doesn't work any better than the mouse and looks a lot like the IS interior.
i especially don't like coupes because the seatbelt is always hard to reach, the doors are longer than they need to be which makes it harder to get in and out of. and if you have 2 seats on the back, i think each seat should have it's own door.
some people go for the looks of the outside of the car and like the look of a sedan. personally i don't much care about what the outside looks like. i sit and spend most of my time on the inside looking out. the interior and features found inside is what matters most to me.
but more importantly it's whats under the hood that gets my attention and lexus simply doesn't get it, if they really want to compete in the luxury sports car segment they need something with forced induction and i don't mean a turbo 4 cylinder 2.0L engine (found on the new NX which i also drove)

the one thing Japanese manufacturers haven't figured out yet is that smaller engines don't really make that big of a difference on MPG's my Z06 used to get 32 MPG's highway with a 7.0L V8 engine! its all about gearing, and making the car light with a low drag coefficient!

hell my GMC truck that weighs 6000 lbs gets 23 mpg highway pretty consistently while going over the rocky mountains and continental divide! even with the supercharger! i average 17 mpg city and highway mixed.
i wish they would pull their head out of their asses and put a V6 with a turbo in something! look at BMW, Audi, hell even KIA has a damn turbo! subaru, Mini cooper, GM, Volvo, Saab, mazda even FORD for crying out loud has turbos in their fleet!
whatever, I'm done..
come to colorado and see how your car drives! you'll hate it too!

Last edited by Bass Mech; 12-08-14 at 12:48 AM.
Old 12-08-14, 08:55 PM
ohface
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have this same problem with my 2011 350 Fsport and its a annoying as hell. It only happened recently but they need to fix this.