dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sewell Black Pearl Emblems??

Been a while.

Any updates on this anyone(??):

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...nightmare.html

Has Sewell resumed sales?

If so, how do the new emblems look, and how much are they?

If not, anyone know when they will?
Old 07-13-14, 12:49 AM
SCSurf
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just search eBay. I paid $150 for a brand new set without any blemish issues. The only thing that pissed me off was that I couldn't take off the front emblem without snapping the tabs.
Old 07-13-14, 08:35 AM
DoomBuggy
Rookie

Posted in another emblem thread yesterday to get some feedback, but might as well post in here as well.

I just received front and rear emblems from Sewell yesterday. Opted to purchase only front and rear as opposed to the full kit, since i'll be de-badging anyway. Well the front emblem showed up without the mounting base and washers, deeming the emblem worthless. Pretty pissed. Why would you send me only the front emblem, knowing the base was required for install? I've e-mailed Sewell for a resolution and I hope they send the base without issue.

Has anyone else ordered individual emblems vs the whole emblem package? Did you receive the mounting base? I will say the silver lining is that my emblems don't appear to have any scratches like other members have experienced.
Old 07-13-14, 10:49 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DoomBuggy
Posted in another emblem thread yesterday to get some feedback, but might as well post in here as well.

I just received front and rear emblems from Sewell yesterday. Opted to purchase only front and rear as opposed to the full kit, since i'll be de-badging anyway. Well the front emblem showed up without the mounting base and washers, deeming the emblem worthless. Pretty pissed. Why would you send me only the front emblem, knowing the base was required for install? I've e-mailed Sewell for a resolution and I hope they send the base without issue.

Has anyone else ordered individual emblems vs the whole emblem package? Did you receive the mounting base? I will say the silver lining is that my emblems don't appear to have any scratches like other members have experienced.
Thanks for this info.

How much were they?

Please post pictures when installed, when possible.
Old 07-14-14, 10:55 AM
DoomBuggy
Rookie

Originally Posted by dbs600
Thanks for this info.

How much were they?

Please post pictures when installed, when possible.
Register on Sewell's website using your Club Lexus member name during registration and they provide quite a significant discount to parts on their site.

I think the listed price for the pair of emblems was about $275 + shipping. Using the discount, I got the pair for $190 before shipping.

I heard back from Sewell this morning regarding the mounting base, and they admitted the error and will be sending the parts to me free of charge, which is a relief. Ironically, it looks like theyve revised the listing on the site, as it now reads "with mounting plate." Maybe I played a role in that haha.

I'll post pictures in this thread once I receive the base and get everything on the car.
Old 07-14-14, 01:28 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DoomBuggy
Register on Sewell's website using your Club Lexus member name during registration and they provide quite a significant discount to parts on their site.

I think the listed price for the pair of emblems was about $275 + shipping. Using the discount, I got the pair for $190 before shipping.

I heard back from Sewell this morning regarding the mounting base, and they admitted the error and will be sending the parts to me free of charge, which is a relief. Ironically, it looks like theyve revised the listing on the site, as it now reads "with mounting plate." Maybe I played a role in that haha.

I'll post pictures in this thread once I receive the base and get everything on the car.
Thanks sir!