IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Silver Lining Metallic vs. Atomic Silver??

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-14, 11:00 AM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wednesday
Good News, good news! Talked to my sales woman and my car should arrive at the port on the 12th and at the dealer by the 20th. I can have the spoiler installed at the port so I have to decide for sure if I want it so time to do an image search!
Nice!!! Excited for ya!
Did your sales woman say how much the spoiler costs?
Old 07-25-14, 11:03 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rebirthing
Nice!!! Excited for ya!
Did your sales woman say how much the spoiler costs?
Thanks! The spoiler is $380.00. I can't seem to find any photos other than the ones Orionlex posted so I am still on the fence about whether I want it or not.
Old 07-25-14, 12:19 PM
nytefury
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good News, good news! Talked to my sales woman and my car should arrive at the port on the 12th and at the dealer by the 20th. I can have the spoiler installed at the port so I have to decide for sure if I want it so time to do an image search!
Congrats!
Old 07-25-14, 12:22 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nytefury
Congrats!
Thanks! My dealer has to know right now about this spoiler and I can't decide, would you guys get it? There are absolutely no photos of it online that I see.
Old 07-25-14, 12:40 PM
nytefury
Driver School Candidate

Thanks! My dealer has to know right now about this spoiler and I can't decide, would you guys get it? There are absolutely no photos of it online that I see.
i wouldn't get it personally, looks kind of tacky to me. looks bulky at where it connects to the trunk. That's just me though.

i like the one from aimgain more
Old 07-25-14, 12:57 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

i wouldn't get it personally, looks kind of tacky to me. looks bulky at where it connects to the trunk. That's just me though.

i like the one from aimgain more
I had just told her to leave it I just couldn't decide, there are no good photos at all. At least it will be one thing to make my car stand out a little.

Update: Husband doesn't like it so I emailed her again and told her to leave it off. I hate having to make rash decisions!

Last edited by wednesday; 07-25-14 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-25-14, 01:06 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So we just got our first 2015 in Atomic Silver and Stratus Gray. The center stack is now a matte finish and the buttons are more flat. The power/volume and tuning ***** are different too.

Old 07-25-14, 01:12 PM
nytefury
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pocky
So we just got our first 2015 in Atomic Silver and Stratus Gray. The center stack is now a matte finish and the buttons are more flat. The power/volume and tuning ***** are different too.

wow awesome! thanks for the pics!
Old 07-25-14, 01:14 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Thanks for the pics! You are in CA right?
Old 07-25-14, 01:21 PM
NickD82
Driver School Candidate

Oh wow, I gotta find a way to update my volume control ***** to these new ones!
Old 07-26-14, 12:13 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow awesome! thanks for the pics!
Thanks for the pics! You are in CA right?
No prob. Let me know if anyone wants specific photos. This is the only one in stock we recieved so far. More coming! Yes I'm from Southern California.
Old 07-26-14, 12:40 AM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

No prob. Let me know if anyone wants specific photos. This is the only one in stock we recieved so far. More coming! Yes I'm from Southern California.
Interesting.... somehow my sales person told me today as I put down my deposit that the 2015 IS will have the mouse pad instead of the current style..... confused...??
Old 07-26-14, 08:38 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

You guys are getting your inventory nearly a month before I am told they will be available here on the east coast, is this normal or do you think my dealer is misinformed? I would love to see some photos of it out in the sunlight. Also if any of your '15's came with the rear lip spoiler I would like to see some good shots of that. Thanks!!
Old 07-26-14, 10:28 AM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 142 Posts

Thank for your post and the first glimpses of an ACTUAL 2015 model. Congrats on the new ride!

Do you have the Mark Levinson (ML) speaker option on the car? Didn't the power/volume and tuning ***** used to be white? That was one way we could distinguish the cars with the option or not.

Appreciate any followup you can provide. All the best.

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 07-26-14, 11:11 AM
SlangBlade
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are getting your inventory nearly a month before I am told they will be available here on the east coast, is this normal or do you think my dealer is misinformed? I would love to see some photos of it out in the sunlight. Also if any of your '15's came with the rear lip spoiler I would like to see some good shots of that. Thanks!!
From the looks of it, that's Longo Lexus, and they do huge volume - that may be part of it?

Quick Reply: Silver Lining Metallic vs. Atomic Silver??