IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Interior care for fsport ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-14, 09:48 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry96815

Yes but will plain water get rid of the cigarette smoke? Just kidding!

Aloha,
Larry
Lol if you smoke, I don't think chemical cleaner will make things any worse for you.
Old 07-09-14, 09:57 PM
Hermes
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you smoke and want to get rid of the smokey smell (or ANY smell for that matter), I suggest you go and buy some Ozium. You spray it in your car (when you are NOT inside) and let it sit for a 60 seconds or longer. The longer you wait the better. It is extremely harmful to inhale. But it will get rid of any smell within seconds, and there are different scented ones you can buy. This is the one I use:

If my car smells, I spray it, and roll the windows down a bit, then jump back in the car and any smell that was there is now gone. Car dealerships use this on their loaner vehicles when customers smoke in them.
Old 07-10-14, 08:54 AM
JGard18
Pole Position

Originally Posted by davyjordi
on solar (uv, if) protection alone, i think it depends on where one is located. clearly the care and level of protection needed is going to differ if one is located in phoenix, arizona as opposed to vancouver, british columbia as arbitrary examples.

that, coupled with how much time the car spends outdoors under direct sunlight will carry significant differences in the protection needed.
Well, I live in Austin where we have abundant sun and lots of heat. My solution? Tint the windows and get a solar shield for the windshield when it's parked. It works great and the tint blocks out something like 97% of UV rays.
Old 07-10-14, 10:18 AM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JGard18
Well, I live in Austin where we have abundant sun and lots of heat. My solution? Tint the windows and get a solar shield for the windshield when it's parked. It works great and the tint blocks out something like 97% of UV rays.
Agreed, same here.

Aloha
Old 07-10-14, 03:57 PM
vgsison
Driver School Candidate

Sonax interior cleaner for me. Thanks for pointing out our red seats are not leather. Bought lexus cleaner and conditioner to maintain it.
Old 07-10-14, 05:05 PM
IS350S2K
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Our windows already have UV protection. You can see UV etched on the glass. I recall reading it was about 99% UV rejection or so.

Originally Posted by JGard18
Old 07-10-14, 05:20 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

3m's crystalline! i had all windows tinted at 70% for extra protection. i use ultima's product as well on the leather and plastic/rubber components, although 303 is also good. i'm thinking of getting a sunshield but the soft-touch dash scratches easily and i'm afraid that placing and removing the sunshield over and over again will cover portions of the dash in scratches. covercraft makes some really good ones, though.
Old 07-10-14, 06:06 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

3m's crystalline! i had all windows tinted at 70% for extra protection. i use ultima's product as well on the leather and plastic/rubber components, although 303 is also good. i'm thinking of getting a sunshield but the soft-touch dash scratches easily and i'm afraid that placing and removing the sunshield over and over again will cover portions of the dash in scratches. covercraft makes some really good ones, though.
Im thinking of doing 3M crystalline 90% on the windshield just to get the 34% heat rejection. Does anyone know if the windshield is UV rated also? For sure the rest of the windows are since it has the etching.
Old 07-10-14, 10:29 PM
janterry15
Rookie

So my car is tinted all around except for windshield. I'm going to get a windshield cover soon.

I also have been just using water for my nuluxe.
But I feel over time it will fade?? I'm scared
Old 07-10-14, 10:50 PM
Hermes
Intermediate

I agree, I think that overtime the dash would accumulate quite a bit of scratches; and if you're like me, you'll notice them when you approach the car and get in and out, drives me nuts. I personally wouldn't buy one for that sole reason.
Old 07-10-14, 11:21 PM
theoryguy3
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Crap I've been using Meguiars Leather Cleaner and Conditioner, guess I'll stop now
Old 07-11-14, 05:47 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Hermes
I agree, I think that overtime the dash would accumulate quite a bit of scratches; and if you're like me, you'll notice them when you approach the car and get in and out, drives me nuts. I personally wouldn't buy one for that sole reason.
yep, i'm exactly the same way and so that's why i've put off getting the sunshade. while tinting the rest of the car with 70% crystalline, i also had the windshield done as an alternative... but not.
Old 07-14-14, 07:44 PM
sdotk
Pole Position

Does anyone use armor all wipes inside the car? Is it safe to use?
Old 07-14-14, 08:39 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sdotk
Does anyone use armor all wipes inside the car? Is it safe to use?
Armor all will make your car look like greasy hair.
Old 07-14-14, 09:08 PM
Lost808
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There have been a lot of people who have complained about long term use of armor all drying out and cracking the dash if sitting in the sun. IIRC it contains some silicone which dries the dash out, unless it 100% pure silicone. I have seen it completely dry rot tires from extended use (not mine). That, and that nasty greasy look and the fingerprints it leaves easily. Just use water on a microfiber towel, or 303 for the UV protection.

Quick Reply: Interior care for fsport ?