IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Am I the Only One...

Old 07-05-14, 02:19 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Am I the Only One...

Who prefers the normal gauges over the LFA style one in the F-Sport?

Don't get me wrong, I think the LFA style gauge is cool and amazing technology. I just like the clean look of the analog gauges for my own personal car.

Anyone else?
Old 07-05-14, 02:23 PM
NebulaIS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's all personal preference, you've obviously gotten used to the cluster in the non F-sport and feel comfortable with it. Personally, I think the gauge markings in the non F-sport are too small and unremarkable and get washed out easily in daylight...but I'm used to my F-sport and the big, bold, driver oriented display so I'm biased that way.
Old 07-05-14, 02:30 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NebulaIS
It's all personal preference, you've obviously gotten used to the cluster in the non F-sport and feel comfortable with it. Personally, I think the gauge markings in the non F-sport are too small and unremarkable and get washed out easily in daylight...but I'm used to my F-sport and the big, bold, driver oriented display so I'm biased that way.
Yeah, all personal preference. I haven't seen it in person yet, so maybe I will change my mind. Just looking at pics though, I prefer the traditional setup.
Old 07-05-14, 03:12 PM
ByeBMW27
Driver School Candidate

That's the number one factor of me going with this car. It is by far my favorite part of the vehicle!
Old 07-05-14, 03:30 PM
Imallvol7
Driver School Candidate

Default I loved it!

It was such an awesome feature. ventilated seats and lower price made me go the non fsport route. If the 2015 fsport has remote start and ventilated seats its My next vehicle.
Old 07-05-14, 03:53 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Imallvol7
It was such an awesome feature. ventilated seats and lower price made me go the non fsport route. If the 2015 fsport has remote start and ventilated seats its My next vehicle.
You're in luck, the AWD F-Sport will have ventilated seats.. not sure if the remote start issue with navigation has been fixed yet.
Old 07-05-14, 04:15 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

i prefer the traditional gauges over the lfa-inspired gauge(s) in the f-sport models. that said, the lfa-inspired cluster is really cool.
Old 07-05-14, 04:41 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Picture comparison...

Old 07-05-14, 04:46 PM
Hermes
Intermediate

I personally love the LFA style dash
Old 07-05-14, 05:02 PM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

I like both. It's a nice feature maybe unnecessary but still nice
Old 07-05-14, 05:06 PM
dasbuch
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cosmetically, I prefer the look of F-Sport style gauges by far -- I just think it suits the overall "tech" nature of the 3IS interior better. Functionally I prefer the LFA style speedo because I like seeing numbers rather than needles (not because one is more dated or whatever but my brain thinks in numbers more than in relative position).

For the same reason I'm not a huge fan of the analog clock in either. I mean, I like the looks of the clock in terms of what it does for the interior lines but when I want to see the time I'd rather have a way to display a digital clock as part of the gauge info screen or have an option to display it in the corner of the media / nav screen. There's plenty of room in either place to do so.
Old 07-05-14, 05:19 PM
MILKEE
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As my daughter in law said when she first sat in our F-Sport, "This is like sitting in a space ship!" I agree! The LFA gauges rock. My only wish is the 80+ MPH indicator was an amber ring like those on the 2IS vice the yellow bars. The amber ring got my attention, the yellow bar doesn't. I know, first world problem!
Old 07-05-14, 05:22 PM
IS350S2K
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Love the digital gauge in the LFA. Couldn't afford one. Very happy to have it in another way.
Old 07-05-14, 06:14 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

On the 3IS I prefer the LFA style. The two analog gauges don't look as good on the 3IS as the 2IS ones which show off the Electroluminescent Optitron better (IMO)

Old 07-05-14, 06:35 PM
SlangBlade
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jre002
Who prefers the normal gauges over the LFA style one in the F-Sport?

Don't get me wrong, I think the LFA style gauge is cool and amazing technology. I just like the clean look of the analog gauges for my own personal car.

Anyone else?
You are definitely not alone! I think the LFA gauges are cool and all, but I prefer the traditional ones by a large margin. Combine that with ventilated seats and fog lights, and the lux package is a no-brainer for me. I am indifferent on the grill, but I do prefer the f sport wheels.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Am I the Only One...