IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Questions on special ordering process/allocating a 2015 IS250 F Sport RWD?

Old 07-02-14, 08:31 PM
gm4life
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions on special ordering process/allocating a 2015 IS250 F Sport RWD?

Questions on special ordering process/allocating a 2015 IS250 F Sport RWD?

So after much thought, insurance quotes, a test drive and research (Club Lexus, JD Powers, Consumer Reports, Auto Mags etc.) I have decided on getting a 2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport RWD with the 2.5L V6. (I don't want a turbo 4 cylinder for 2016 and actual thought the IS250 F Sport AWD - I drove was plenty fast - then again I consider my 2013 4Runner SR5 4WD quick - I have driven my fair share of cars with 0-60 in 10 plus seconds - 0-60 in 7.2 is plenty for me)

I live in Iowa actually - I noticed I can configure a 2014 model IS250 F Sport RWD (Ultra White/Red interior) with what I want: F Sport Package, Blind Spot Warning, Rear view camera and convenience package (wheel locks, trunk mat etc). I have also seen IS250 RWD models on a dealers lot - but never an F Sport in my area. I have tried several other towns with Lexus dealers and ran inventory searches - I still get the pool with the same cars some RWD IS250's - but no F Sports. I really have to go out of my area by roughly 750 miles to find what I am looking for an IS250 F Sport in RWD with my options/colors.

I have a firm budget in place - I want to be OTD on this car for less than 40K - if possible. I know the car next year is getting a roughly 500 price increase and vented seats are added to the F Sport package which will raise the price some as well. The 2014 model with the options I want come out at $41,407. (I do qualify for the grad rebate of 1K if I finance with LFS).

So a few questions...

1. Can I special order any configuration I want on a 2015 IS250 F Sport RWD? Or does the configuration have to be on the Lexus website with my zip code? If I am locked in due to my zip code will the configuration options be roughly the same as this year ? (Currently I can build the car I want for 2014 with my zip)

2. Can I finance with LFS to get my 1K rebate and just pay it off the first month? (I can get a great rate with my local credit union - but want the 1K rebate!)

3. I have purchased cars in the past - however never a Lexus - will a dealer be willing do the standard dealer invoice - rebate(s) thing? Or will they want to rake me over the coals because of the special order? Or will I be better off driving to TX, GA etc to locate the car I want on a dealers lot and then drive it back to Iowa. If so any advice to get the price to where I need it on a special order - if that is even possible - would be great. I would like to go to my nearest dealer where I had a great test drive - get my invoice - rebates and order the car.

4. If I do order the car, I have heard many people getting "jacked" around for lack of a better term regarding a special order. Will the dealer give me a production date/VIN so I know my car will be coming and that is was actually ordered? Also if so how long of a wait will I be looking at? 3 weeks or 6 months?

5. Final question will 17 inch alloy wheels/winter tires work on the IS250 F Sport if they are shown on Tirerack.com for winter wheel/tire package? I know the car comes with summer tires and wider 18's in the back... I didn't know if 17's with the same width and winter tires can be ordered/actual fit my IS250 F Sport?

Thanks in advance for all the help. I hope to have some good feedback so I can plan ordering my IS in the coming months. Then most importantly really join the club!
Old 07-02-14, 08:47 PM
NebulaIS
Rookie

I have nothing constructive to add other than I hope it works out and that if you end up with one you change your username hehe
Old 07-02-14, 08:51 PM
gm4life
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NebulaIS
I have nothing constructive to add other than I hope it works out and that if you end up with one you change your username hehe
Thank you... I have had a few GM cars in our family over the years. That has all changed - notice I mentioned a 2013 4Runner SR5 4WD - it was my first and certainly not last Toyota/Lexus product. You can finally see I have seen the light!

Hopefully someone can chime with some good information to assist me... Anyways thanks for the kind words - can't wait for one. BTW sharp gray 3IS!
Old 07-03-14, 04:23 PM
gm4life
Driver School Candidate

Any other thoughts on my situation or advice is greatly appreciated... Hopefully someone has been in a similar scenario and can lend their expertise.
Old 07-04-14, 07:46 AM
skip000
Driver School Candidate

I ordered my car in Jan..around the first week...and now have been told the car is finally here...last I heard it was at the dock in NY..but have not been told anything since...I hope it is very close to being trucked up to the dealer any day now...since I only live and the dealer is close by to me, less than 1.5 hours from NY...but it took over 5 months to arrive...so it is a very long wait!
Old 07-05-14, 04:35 PM
gm4life
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by skip000
I ordered my car in Jan..around the first week...and now have been told the car is finally here...last I heard it was at the dock in NY..but have not been told anything since...I hope it is very close to being trucked up to the dealer any day now...since I only live and the dealer is close by to me, less than 1.5 hours from NY...but it took over 5 months to arrive...so it is a very long wait!
Wow... That is a long wait... Hell maybe I should order sooner than I was thinking if it will take 5 months. I wonder if that is an average wait? Can you chime in on the pricing/negotiation you could do on a special order IS? I am hoping to get the car for dealer invoice - the grad rebate is that something reasonable? I will even put down $1,000 so they know I am serious. Any input would be greatly appreciated - I have never ordered a car before a luxury car no less. Thanks for the input. Hopefully some other experienced Lexus owners can chime in too. The help is appreciated!