IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Any color remorse?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-14, 11:58 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Obscene14
Loved the look of SLM under the showroom floor lights. Once I drove it home I started to think that the silver looked a little washed out under normal day light. I've grown to love the SLM again though. It's been two weeks since I washed it and it isn't showing any dirt. On the other hand my Obsidian looked dirty after one drive. I went out to wash my SLM this morning out of habit, took one look at how clean it still looked, tuned around and went back to sleep . Love the SLM.
that is why i loved the Tungsten Pearl. It was so easy to maintain. I switched from Obsidian 2014 IS250 to the 2014 IS 350 UW and it is very difficult to tell if it is even dirty. It stays cleaner like SLM and it also is so much easier to maintain.

My biggest regret was getting Obsidian in the first place. So happy I made the switch in July. I agree with you SLM very rarely looks dirty. Great choice.!
Old 08-24-14, 12:16 PM
SCSurf
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those that traded in for a different color, how did you go about doing it?

I currently have the UW, but I really wish I got the NGP instead.
Old 08-24-14, 12:36 PM
Obscene14
Driver

I think it all depends on how savvy your dealer is, what the residual is of the the new car, the present auction prices for your trade in and if the dealer has stock that needs to be moved off the lot. The dealer approached my while i was drinking Cappuccino in the service lounge. I moved up not sideways so it was beneficial for the dealer as well as me..

Last edited by Obscene14; 08-24-14 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-05-14, 11:02 AM
IC350
Rookie

I love my 2014 IS 350 UW But wish i had waited for the USB ...That Blue is Awesom
Old 09-05-14, 11:25 AM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have an UW/RR combo. I maybe should have gotten a more basic color. It's going to look awkward when I get colored wheels (orange). Because of this I might just settle with metallic gray BBS.
Old 09-05-14, 12:17 PM
goshawk823
Rookie

I have starfire pearl with parchment. the color is beautiful and blinding in bright sunlight. I bought what the dealer had on the lot, but in the area there was an atomic silver with flaxen. If I could have had the same deal on that car, I would take the atomic silver. it is such an awesome color in person. pics do not do it justice.
Old 09-05-14, 12:21 PM
mrkjsn
Rookie

No remorse Ultra White/Red Interior. It's the best…AND FASTEST, color.
Old 09-05-14, 12:27 PM
KS13
Driver

I wish I would have gone with the Roja red interior instead of the black (even though both were available, I went with the black because I thought roja red would have gotten dirty easily.)

I also wish the atomic silver was available in FSPORT in 2014 model, as I would have probably went with that over the Ultra White (gets dirty too quickly, especially with the tire shine coming off the wheels onto the sides, although I love the color.)
Old 09-05-14, 12:32 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by KS13
I wish I would have gone with the Roja red interior instead of the black (even though both were available, I went with the black because I thought roja red would have gotten dirty easily.)

I also wish the atomic silver was available in FSPORT in 2014 model, as I would have probably went with that over the Ultra White (gets dirty too quickly, especially with the tire shine coming off the wheels onto the sides, although I love the color.)
Get semi-permanent shine like I did and problem solved. Dry to touch and no tire dressing sling.
Old 09-05-14, 01:00 PM
goshawk823
Rookie

Originally Posted by dojoman
Get semi-permanent shine like I did and problem solved. Dry to touch and no tire dressing sling.
got a product name??
Old 09-05-14, 01:20 PM
egmmbah
Driver School Candidate

YES I HAVE REGRET. . . I'm an instant gratification type of person :-/ I wanted black/roja red. When I went there was none available on the lot, so I wanted anything with thre red interior and nothing was available I would have had to wait 8 days and I'm not built like that so I got silver/black F-sport loaded, and I REGRET it, especially since I was at the dealer exactly 8 days later with a friend. . .
Old 09-05-14, 01:34 PM
mrkjsn
Rookie

Originally Posted by egmmbah
YES I HAVE REGRET. . . I'm an instant gratification type of person :-/ I wanted black/roja red. When I went there was none available on the lot, so I wanted anything with thre red interior and nothing was available I would have had to wait 8 days and I'm not built like that so I got silver/black F-sport loaded, and I REGRET it, especially since I was at the dealer exactly 8 days later with a friend. . .

I've learned NEVER to compromise with color. It's the first thing that draws your eyes to your car. If you don't pick the exact color you want, you will never truly enjoy your car to the fullest.
Old 09-05-14, 01:55 PM
rgspb
Driver School Candidate

I've got Deep Sea Mica with black interior, a combination that had to be special ordered. Dealer told me at first that Lexus told him they don't offer that combination, but yet it's there in tha catalog. Then they said they would do it but not many people want that combination. I really couldn't care less what most people want, it's what I wanted and that was the deal breaker. It's a great combination and I'm proud to be in the minority. It's interesting to watch the staff at my local dealer go crazy over it when I have to take it in.
Old 09-05-14, 02:01 PM
mikenogo
Driver School Candidate

I am those few who got ultra sonic blue colour and i absolutely love it. I don't see many blue is around where i live, mostly uw and grey, so i know i feel somewhat special haha.
Blue is also my favorite colour so that is a given haha.
Old 09-05-14, 02:07 PM
bayarea3is
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

sometimes i regret getting black,but after every wash/wax its always rewarding. owned a few white cars and no matter how much i wax it or detail it still shines the same as if i didnt wax it haha. i will never regret getting the red interior though... so much class and adds more character inside the cabin.

Quick Reply: Any color remorse?