IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Any color remorse?

Old 07-02-14, 09:04 AM
unowned
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've only owned blue cars (3 to be exact) my whole life and wanted a nice blue like USB, but settled on ultra white as my 2nd choice since I'm a fan of the white/black theme. I'll probably have my car painted blue when I get tired of the white. I did get the interior color I wanted, black.
Old 07-02-14, 11:28 AM
HTXLexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ultra white/black here. It was the color combo I had to have and I still love it.

I think Matador Red Mica is a great color choice and wish I would have taken the time to look for one. But when the color combo I wanted was on a truck heading to Houston, I didn't think twice!
Old 07-02-14, 01:16 PM
jcheng
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

UW/RR here and after seeing the matador red at the dealer, would've gotten that instead.

Have not seen a MR out in the wild yet!
Old 07-02-14, 01:53 PM
Alant514
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Ultra White, with red interior. If they had the Ultra sonic Blue I've would of got that with the red interior
Old 07-02-14, 02:26 PM
mydawgz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default red

I have been looking for the white with flaxen interior but I would love the red too. Until I read this thread, I had no idea the red interior was so popular. (and available) I am in Florida and I have not seen it much down here. Is it more area specific??
Old 07-02-14, 02:29 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mydawgz
I have been looking for the white with flaxen interior but I would love the red too. Until I read this thread, I had no idea the red interior was so popular. (and available) I am in Florida and I have not seen it much down here. Is it more area specific??
Dealers from SD all the way to LA has only one UW/RR combo in their own storage. That's what they told me, unless they lied just to get me to buy it ASAP.
Old 07-02-14, 03:22 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by NebulaIS
Can you post a pic of your car with this combo? When I purchased my car they didn't have anything other than rioja or black interior, curious to see what it would look like.
sure, here's a pic from a month or so ago -

i know it doesn't show the interior well, but it'll do. i have the luxury package, technology/navigation package, mark levinson system package, amongst others, and so i have dark brown wood accents along with parchment leather -- NOT nuluxe. ugh.

edit: here's a pic from a few minutes ago taken with my iphone so the colouring is a bit off.

Any color remorse?-img_0362.jpg

Last edited by davyjordi; 07-05-14 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-02-14, 06:39 PM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have Black w/Gray interior. Wanted Atomic Silver w/Black interior. But it is the wifes daily and she got what she wanted.
Old 07-02-14, 06:48 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

no regrets, gray/red
Old 07-02-14, 07:23 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ISISGUY
Bought black on black, really wanted white with black interior but dealership didn't have it at the time and I'm too impatient to wait.
Still love my car though. Especially when freshly washed or at night in stealth mode.
X2 but my OCD has me detailing the car more than ever. I live in a high rise condo and have assigned spaces. All my neighbors know me as " the guy with the really shiny car ". Black is hard to keep clean. I dedicate a portion of my income to detailing products and a variety of wax. Oh well
Old 07-02-14, 09:01 PM
NebulaIS
Rookie

Originally Posted by davyjordi
sure, here's a pic from a month or so ago -

i know it doesn't show the interior well, but it'll do.
thanks, looks great! a really stand-out color!
Old 07-02-14, 09:12 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by NebulaIS
thanks, looks great! a really stand-out color!
thank you! it really is a great colour. that said, the more i drive around in the car the more i notice other cars that are of similar hues and such and it's super annoying because it's a relatively rare colour, 'relatively' emphasised. not to say the colour isn't beautiful; it is, but i wish there weren't so many other marques using nearly-identical colours.

my previous IS was starfire pearl and pearl whites are more difficult to spot than these sort of ruby reds. pure whites are all over the place, but pearl really is a bit more unique.
Old 07-02-14, 09:23 PM
VGer
Rookie

Silver lining metallic w/light grey leather and grey wood trim. No regrets, though there are times when the black plastic on the door linings take on a navy tinge instead of black.
Old 07-06-14, 08:45 PM
jeff5755
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davyjordi
so i have dark brown wood accents along with parchment leather -- NOT nuluxe. ugh.

Attachment 334622
I think it's funny that you're downing nuluxe--it's actually softer and more durable than real leather. . .
Old 07-06-14, 08:48 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i love my Nebula Grey, but man, it's almost as hard as black to keep clean. I see a layer of dust after just 1 day

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any color remorse?