IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Do you wish you had waited?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-14, 12:48 AM
FinaLpeace
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's hard to say, I knew that 2015 would be better and I knew that the first year's new generation is going to suck, but I couldn't resist being one of the first 10 to buy the car in my city. I still remember how everyone I drive by was staring at my new grill and now it seems like most people already have knowledge about the new Lexus spindle grill. I'll try to put as much goodies into my car to stay up with the current model year. If they're putting that F Sport badge onto the rear, I probably wouldn't do that to mine, it's not too attractive imo. What I'm hoping to see is Lexus start adding wood trim for the interior and I'll add it to my 2014 model. Wood trim is what I felt like Lexus was missing for the 2014. As for the battery issue that some of you may heard of, cross finger 2015 models don't have this, but since there is no recall for the 2014 goodluck

I do have one preference though. You guys have knowledge about the light up Mercedes badge for their new models? I hope Lexus can start taking that into consideration, it's really attractive.

Actually I just went to google "light up Lexus emblem", so they do have aftermarket parts available. Anyone know if it's difficult to install?

Last edited by FinaLpeace; 07-09-14 at 12:55 AM.
Old 07-09-14, 01:26 AM
vgsison
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I humbly believe that if there is a need, just buy the most expensive and updated car you can afford. Then enjoy and don't despair.
Old 07-18-14, 06:56 AM
jmevox
Driver School Candidate

I just got off the phone with my dealer. They are saying they will get the build sheet and take orders for the 2015 IS by the end of this month and expects my car to arrive by late september or early october.

Not going to lie, I am not amused by this wait and am thinking about spending a few more bucks and buying the CLA45 AMG. That thing is bad *** and fast as hell but the reliability scares me
Old 07-18-14, 07:55 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

honestly id get an ISF instead of CLA45. CLA is tiny and screams cheapness, horrid sounding exhaust also
Old 07-18-14, 08:34 AM
jmevox
Driver School Candidate

Where i live i need the awd so ISF isn't right for me. CLA cheapness I can see what you're talking about. I happen to love that exhaust though and it's quick as hell and I think the ride is a bit smoother than the IS.

I just really hate waiting that long, I sold my evo and am driving a 99 civic hatchback right now. I seriously can't take it much longer. I was also told by my dealer that the RC won't be out until late november and that is just way too far away
Old 07-18-14, 08:59 AM
IC350
Rookie

I wish i had waited .. I really wanted the Remote Start
Old 07-18-14, 09:02 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

RWD with winter tires works fine. Lot of ISF members up in the northeast
Old 07-18-14, 09:20 AM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jmevox
I just got off the phone with my dealer. They are saying they will get the build sheet and take orders for the 2015 IS by the end of this month and expects my car to arrive by late september or early october.

Not going to lie, I am not amused by this wait and am thinking about spending a few more bucks and buying the CLA45 AMG. That thing is bad *** and fast as hell but the reliability scares me
What's stopping you from getting a 2014?
Old 07-18-14, 09:29 AM
jmevox
Driver School Candidate

^If you can find me one on the east coast with ML Audio and AWD i'll pay for it in cash right now and personally come give you a handy to show my appreciation...........they don't make ML Audio F Sports on the east coast don't ask me why but i have to special order it. I also can't even get my hands on a non ml audio in gray/red combo it's like trying to buy a panda it's ridiculous
Old 07-18-14, 09:32 AM
jmevox
Driver School Candidate

^ I also wouldn't mind the new features of the 2015
Old 07-18-14, 09:52 AM
FinaLpeace
Driver

Originally Posted by vgsison
I humbly believe that if there is a need, just buy the most expensive and updated car you can afford. Then enjoy and don't despair.
I agree if you don't have the money to reach for new cars every year. Although the more expensive the car is then probably the lower the MPG goes. I would probably get a Mercedes top of the line AMG, but I might not trust that it would last a decade. So maybe the IS-F only if they had the 2nd generation IS-F (current for regular IS). The IS doesn't seem to satisfied me enough to keep it for a decade because once the new generation is out in 6 years I feel like I need to get something else up to date haha.

The problem really is for me, I dont know about others, that I'd like to be away from the crowd like the IS commercial says. Although there are too many IS around, I definitely would have no regrets getting an IS-F which I probably would meet one on the road 1 in every 6 months? I did spent 6.5k on my 3rd generation IS, since I traded in my 3rd generation IS250 for my current 3rd generation IS350 F Sport. I think I made the wrong choice to begin with eh...... and maybe ended with the wrong choice too...... Ha buyer's remorse!

Well maybe I would suffer from the MPG if I've gotten the IS-F, but what's better than being the most powerful IS on the road that very few people has? That I would definitely keep for the rest of my life as a memorable gift.
Old 07-18-14, 09:54 AM
FinaLpeace
Driver

^If you can find me one on the east coast with ML Audio and AWD i'll pay for it in cash right now and personally come give you a handy to show my appreciation...........they don't make ML Audio F Sports on the east coast don't ask me why but i have to special order it. I also can't even get my hands on a non ml audio in gray/red combo it's like trying to buy a panda it's ridiculous
Thats weird, I actually saw a ML Audio on an ultra white F Sport for sale on the dealer's lot and definitely not special order unless that person doesn't want the car anymore. Oh, I'm in California
Old 07-18-14, 09:54 AM
larry13
Lead Lap

check your pm
Old 07-18-14, 10:00 AM
jmevox
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FinaLpeace
Thats weird, I actually saw a ML Audio on an ultra white F Sport for sale on the dealer's lot and definitely not special order unless that person doesn't want the car anymore. Oh, I'm in California
Damn you west coast guys lol........I also bet it wasn't awd.......^Larry i PMd you back....thanks again
Old 07-18-14, 10:09 AM
larry13
Lead Lap

Damn you west coast guys lol........I also bet it wasn't awd.......^Larry i PMd you back....thanks again
not a awd in cali lol

Quick Reply: Do you wish you had waited?