IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Grille Surround from Sewell Lexus (Anyone Using?)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-14, 10:37 AM
a790
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the images. Looks fantastic!
Old 08-07-14, 03:12 PM
nanceeebui
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Randre19
Heres mine installed to match with Obsidian and black pearl emblems
I plastidip the surround and it looks great

Did you do the emblem yourself too? If so, was that one tough task? How long did it take to finish?
Old 08-07-14, 04:36 PM
TruLux7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by silvaIS
your other option is to get it wrapped, it cost me $60 and 45 min wait time. I got carbon fiber
Any pictures of the carbon fiber wrap?
Old 08-07-14, 05:42 PM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I purchased the black pearl emblems off Sewell. I've bought to many things from Sewell already haha

Originally Posted by nanceeebui
I plastidip the surround and it looks great

Did you do the emblem yourself too? If so, was that one tough task? How long did it take to finish?
Old 08-07-14, 08:13 PM
nanceeebui
Driver School Candidate

I purchased the black pearl emblems off Sewell. I've bought to many things from Sewell already haha
Nice. I was thinking of buying it from there too. Was it just a remove some tabs/screws (if any), push out, and plug new emblem in process? Or did it require more steps?
Old 08-07-14, 08:48 PM
IS3F
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on the CF pics
Old 08-07-14, 08:54 PM
kbbean08
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I am going to have my chrome trims on the grill and windows wrapped tomorrow. I'll post some pictures after.
Old 08-08-14, 04:11 AM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nanceeebui
Nice. I was thinking of buying it from there too. Was it just a remove some tabs/screws (if any), push out, and plug new emblem in process? Or did it require more steps?
The front emblem is more difficult then the back. Sewell sends new pieces for everything on the front emblem so that includes the clamps that hold it to the car. Because you get new clamps, you are able to break the clamps that are on the original emblem. That is the only way I was able to get my front emblem off. I don't know anyone on the forum that was able to get the front off clean without breaking one of the clamps. You'll have to break one of the clamps and the other side will pop off.

The back is very simple. The "L" emblem pops off with using a plastic pry tool which sewell provides. Ther are two holes that hold the new black pearl emblem to the car. For the lettering,I used fishing line and ran it behind the letters to break apart the glue that holds them on. Then used the prying tool to get them off. It was very easy. After they were off I used some Gu Gone and cleaned the area and put the black pearl letter back on.

There are a few great DIY threads on here if you use the search function.
Old 08-08-14, 07:51 AM
nanceeebui
Driver School Candidate

The front emblem is more difficult then the back. Sewell sends new pieces for everything on the front emblem so that includes the clamps that hold it to the car. Because you get new clamps, you are able to break the clamps that are on the original emblem. That is the only way I was able to get my front emblem off. I don't know anyone on the forum that was able to get the front off clean without breaking one of the clamps. You'll have to break one of the clamps and the other side will pop off.

The back is very simple. The "L" emblem pops off with using a plastic pry tool which sewell provides. Ther are two holes that hold the new black pearl emblem to the car. For the lettering,I used fishing line and ran it behind the letters to break apart the glue that holds them on. Then used the prying tool to get them off. It was very easy. After they were off I used some Gu Gone and cleaned the area and put the black pearl letter back on.

There are a few great DIY threads on here if you use the search function.
Nice! Thanks for the info
Old 08-08-14, 12:02 PM
PAVGR
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Anyone wants to get rid off the OEM Fsport chrome grill surround?pm me please,I want one
Old 08-09-14, 01:56 PM
EdEWdGo
Driver School Candidate

What is everyone paying to get the grille surround and window trimmed vinyl wrapped, Tai has the exact look I'm going for with my Nebula 350 and I'm curious how much it would cost to have it done professionally (it's not worth me screwing it up)
Old 08-11-14, 11:05 AM
LiamSevier
Driver School Candidate

I paid around $200 for mine (grill and window trim).

I'm not 100% happy with the way it turned out though. It looks great from about 10 feet away, but upon a closer view, there is a bit of orange peel (coming from the underside, from the adhesive) and the edges aren't completely flat in some areas.

I've been told that a few other local places could have done a better job, so I may consider getting a refund and giving it another shot.
Old 08-12-14, 04:21 PM
Hermes
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone think it would look good to get a black coloured frame with the Ultra White, or should I stick with the UW frame? Anyone have pics with it with the Ultra White?
Old 03-27-15, 12:55 PM
Dpn556
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by a790
Any chance you have a front shot showing before and after?
Do you guys know where i can get the Grille surround now that Sewell is closed? I have a nebula F sport and really want to either get the black pearl surround, or atleast color match.
Old 03-27-15, 05:14 PM
nick0327
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dpn556
Do you guys know where i can get the Grille surround now that Sewell is closed? I have a nebula F sport and really want to either get the black pearl surround, or atleast color match.
Very interested in this as well...anybody help?

Quick Reply: Grille Surround from Sewell Lexus (Anyone Using?)