IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Remote Start Doesn't Work with Nav?!?!

Old 06-27-14, 02:43 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mcomer
2014 IS's without Nav can have Lexus RES...
What is Lexus RES?
Old 06-27-14, 02:59 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by tea
What is Lexus RES?
https://www.lexusresplus.com/

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 06-27-14, 03:22 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345
Nice! Thanks. Anyone know how much it'll cost to add to a 2014?
Old 06-27-14, 07:26 PM
textekvbal
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Update. Confirmed i was charged for the remote start and was even written in on the invoice. My sales guy let me know today that it was not installed at port due to the issue which is known by lexus. Blown away though that this has not made it out to the sales staff of all the lexus dealers. Anyway the dealership is refunding my money, and are pitching in for me to get one installed after market. Now the question is are there any after market products that work with the 2014? Called Car Toy's down here in Dallas and the brands they carry dont support the 2014 is. If anyone knows of one that does please let me know.
Old 06-29-14, 05:17 AM
bwk
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys it does work. I have a 3IS with nav up here in Toronto and purchased the remote starter from Sewell. Installed at my dealer and everything works fine.
Old 06-29-14, 05:39 AM
Alius
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcomer
2014 IS's without Nav can have Lexus RES...
Is this really confirmed to be true? If so I'm about to ask my dealer to install it for me.

EDIT: Ooops, read it wrong, you said "without Nav" , nevermind XD

Last edited by Alius; 06-29-14 at 05:40 AM. Reason: wooops
Old 06-29-14, 07:37 AM
IS3F
Driver

Originally Posted by bwk
Guys it does work. I have a 3IS with nav up here in Toronto and purchased the remote starter from Sewell. Installed at my dealer and everything works fine.
Do you have the link for it on the Sewell site? I can't seem to find it.
Old 06-29-14, 09:28 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by textekvbal
Update. Confirmed i was charged for the remote start and was even written in on the invoice. My sales guy let me know today that it was not installed at port due to the issue which is known by lexus. Blown away though that this has not made it out to the sales staff of all the lexus dealers. Anyway the dealership is refunding my money, and are pitching in for me to get one installed after market. Now the question is are there any after market products that work with the 2014? Called Car Toy's down here in Dallas and the brands they carry dont support the 2014 is. If anyone knows of one that does please let me know.
I live in MN and I was really looking forward to having RES+ on my 3IS w/ Nav for Winters. Through out the whole purchase process sales guy never said I couldn't have the RES+ in fact he was trying to find out when it would be available for my 3IS. Now it seems my 3IS can't even have RES+ at all. It feels like Lexus knew about this from the start but didn't educate their dealers and disclose it clearly in their marketing materials. Very disappointed with Lexus on this.

Does anyone know the exact reason why RES+ can't be installed on 3IS w/ Nav?

Let us know which aftermarket RES solution works.
Old 07-01-14, 09:51 AM
IS3F
Driver

I strongly prefer the factory system so i don't need to carry another key fob. I've found RES on the sewell site for other models, but not the IS.

Wondering where it can be ordered - bwk has given me hope that they've gotten it working on his 2014 with nav and in Toronto of all places - hopefully I can go through the same installer and have this up and running.

Does anyone know that reason that it can't work on the nav models? If bwk did indeed get it going, I'm wondering what potential side effects could be..
Old 07-01-14, 11:58 AM
HeMan26
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IS3F
I strongly prefer the factory system so i don't need to carry another key fob. I've found RES on the sewell site for other models, but not the IS.

Wondering where it can be ordered - bwk has given me hope that they've gotten it working on his 2014 with nav and in Toronto of all places - hopefully I can go through the same installer and have this up and running.

Does anyone know that reason that it can't work on the nav models? If bwk did indeed get it going, I'm wondering what potential side effects could be..
I don't know what the problem would be with installing the RES. However, if Lexus is telling all dealerships not to install it then there must be a safety related problem. And if it is a safety problem then Lexus needs to fix this by a recall, because I'm sure people are going to try installing a aftermarket RES or the Lexus RES. Also, they are not informing owners verbally or by written notice that the RES can't be installed and I think this can potentially lead to a bigger problem for Lexus later on. This is just my thought of the situation.

It's strange that the N.America models are the only ones that can't have the RES installed.

There are people on this forum that have done a self install of the RES in the nav. equipped vehicle. I tried PMing them to see if their car is working fine, but didn't get a respond back.

I want to try installing it myself, but I'm afraid this could cause a safety related issue to my car and voiding my warranty.

Last edited by HeMan26; 07-01-14 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-12-14, 12:43 PM
IS3F
Driver

Originally Posted by bwk
PM sent for more info a while back - please respond when you have a chance. I'm definitely interested in doing this before winter if you don't mind helping out.
Old 07-14-14, 05:31 PM
bwk
Rookie

Originally Posted by IS3F
PM sent for more info a while back - please respond when you have a chance. I'm definitely interested in doing this before winter if you don't mind helping out.
Hey, I just responded to your PM