IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Compilation of problems on your IS350

Old 06-26-14, 02:02 PM
Hupperware
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Driver's seat sits too far back from the door edge when the seat is all the way back. This has caused me to catch my pants on the weather stripping many times, causing the weather stripping to tear.

Weather - It never lists the city I'm in, rather a city 10 miles or more away.

Lack of Auto-volume - If "Don't Stop Believing" comes on the radio on my way home and I crank it up... the volume remains the same on startup, blowing my ears out.

Seat heaters - Terrible. They don't get warm enough.

Auto-lock - Sometimes I forget to push the handle on the outside of the car. My sister's Prius locks after 5 minutes of the key being away... why not the Lex.

Lack of auto-start with nav - How is this a thing. I live in Phoenix, where I would love to fire up my car's AC early. How is this only an issue with nav models?

Lack of a digital clock - Love the analog, but doesn't give you "glanceablity". The instrument panel is a video board, couldn't find room for the time?

Voice recognition - I've been pushed nearly to the point of violence from the on-board voice recog.
Old 06-26-14, 03:44 PM
Hermes
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My biggest problem is I love my car too damn much. I don't want to get out, ever.

But I have a little issue with the rear view mirror, I'm not that tall, but I find I need to slouch back a little when looking behind me in the rear view mirror as I can't see the entirety of my mirror when sitting regularly.
Old 06-26-14, 05:39 PM
dasbuch
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hupperware
Auto-lock - Sometimes I forget to push the handle on the outside of the car. My sister's Prius locks after 5 minutes of the key being away... why not the Lex.
Have you checked to see if this is a something that can be changed with a setting at the dealership? It seems like something that might be.
Old 06-26-14, 07:10 PM
jennypenny
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Driver's seat sits too far back from the door edge when the seat is all the way back. This has caused me to catch my pants on the weather stripping many times, causing the weather stripping to tear.

Lack of Auto-volume - If "Don't Stop Believing" comes on the radio on my way home and I crank it up... the volume remains the same on startup, blowing my ears out.

Lack of auto-start with nav - How is this a thing. I live in Phoenix, where I would love to fire up my car's AC early. How is this only an issue with nav models?

Lack of a digital clock - Love the analog, but doesn't give you "glanceablity". The instrument panel is a video board, couldn't find room for the time?

Voice recognition - I've been pushed nearly to the point of violence from the on-board voice recog.
For "Auto-volume", which car offers auto-volume? just make it a habit of lowering the volume everytime you park your car. which is my habit

If you unlock your car, and didnt open any doors, it will lock itself. a car shouldnt lock itself when you leave the car. dont think many cars do. Imagine, you leaving your car to pump gas and it locks. god dangit right?
Old 06-26-14, 07:11 PM
NebulaIS
Rookie

It could be that we're both just too tall I've got the seat all the way back but haven't noticed any issues so far. Definitely feel more like I'm climbing around and out and up when i get out of the car.
Old 07-07-14, 01:49 PM
Hupperware
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jennypenny
For "Auto-volume", which car offers auto-volume? just make it a habit of lowering the volume everytime you park your car. which is my habit
Most cars that don't have stops on the volume **** featured this. My 2010 Camaro had it. My 2005 350 Z had it. It's a great feature, and a legitimate complaint.

Originally Posted by jennypenny
If you unlock your car, and didnt open any doors, it will lock itself. a car shouldnt lock itself when you leave the car. dont think many cars do. Imagine, you leaving your car to pump gas and it locks. god dangit right?
Um, no... the car detects the key. It knows when it's inside. My fiance's Jetta will lock the door in 30 seconds if it doesn't detect the key.

We have the technology for this stuff... it just seems to be an oversight.
Old 07-07-14, 02:33 PM
FinaLpeace
Driver

Originally Posted by Hermes
My biggest problem is I love my car too damn much. I don't want to get out, ever.

But I have a little issue with the rear view mirror, I'm not that tall, but I find I need to slouch back a little when looking behind me in the rear view mirror as I can't see the entirety of my mirror when sitting regularly.
Totally agree same situation here, but does that happen to other cars too? I'm average height 5 foot 8
Old 07-08-14, 11:01 AM
mikenogo
Driver School Candidate

I notice that there is a bit of road noise inside my 3is, maybe its the tires since I have the AWD model?
Speaking of AWD, I am still trying to get use to that hump on the driver side near the acceleration pedal.
The is350 feels quick, but it feels like it does not have enough torque at times.
other then that, the car is awesome!
Old 07-08-14, 03:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

Hupperware and MILKEE, both of you exit this thread
Old 07-31-14, 11:11 AM
wasGMguy
Driver School Candidate

First i have to say, this 2014 is 350 AWD, is the most fun vehicle I have ever driven. My only complaits are:
- No remote start. This is unexeptable. How could Lexus not pick up on this? Hopefully an aftermarket remote start will show up eventually.
- There is a lot of road noise. It probably is due to the low profile tires. My Cadillac CTS was just as noisy.
- The navigation is not worth the extra money. I find it very low grade compared to most. Better off just buying a cheap Garmin and sticking it to you windshield.

Other than that, this car is awesome. Drives and handles great. It will be interesting to see how it handles a Canadian winter.
Old 07-31-14, 11:34 AM
theoryguy3
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Sewell has a working remote start for nav models
Old 07-31-14, 12:10 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

i had an issue with my rear view mirror garage door buttons If i left the car out in the sun the buttons would sometimes not work, the buttons feel weird too. I got the mirror replaced and its fixed. Must be something wrong with the contacts that was affected by heat
Old 07-31-14, 01:16 PM
wasGMguy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by theoryguy3
Sewell has a working remote start for nav models
I've talked to my Lexus dealer, and they are not aware of this sewell remote for the 2014 is 350 w/nav.. Is there a part number or a website you could direct me to.
Thank you.
Old 07-31-14, 02:42 PM
Rsnic
Rookie

Moisture in passenger side LED headlamp (Fixed under warranty)

Paint defect w/ bad touch up job done by dealership prior to delivery (Its on the side skirt and barely noticeable, noted in service history and covered for life of car if it starts to get worse or flake off.)

Clicking noise coming from driver side mirror when going over bumps. (something loose in housing was fixed under warranty)

dented rim, but that's partially my fault and partially the potholes from this past winter in NY.

Lexus dealer has been great and i've been loving this car besides these problems.
Old 08-10-14, 08:49 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone notice a "white noise" in the cabin of the vert? Like a shhhhh noise. I didn't want to make a new thread over it. Sitting there on a crisp cold morning I noticed it today. I pressed the fan to off. Didn't help. Hit the radio and made sure that was off too. Still there. I covered the vents thinking the engine noise is coming through there but that doesn't help. Acoustically in the entire cabin and omni directional. Also if you lean forward onto the steering wheel you'll definitely hear a higher pitch. It's certainly on my hit list to eliminate.
Thanks for reading.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Compilation of problems on your IS350