IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Nigel jdm japan parts review so for parts ordered

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-14, 10:47 AM
zarraz
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nigel jdm japan parts review so for parts ordered

I wanted to order the trd front lip and rear spoiler for my IS 250, read through the forum and found that Nigel parts carries these items. I placed my order and went through the whole checkout process, where you put in your country province etc, as I am located in Canada I filled it accordingly, went to checkout, and was given 2 shipping amounts 120 and 76, I went for 76 as I am still waiting on other parts so am in no hurry. Paid via paypal and everything was confirmed.
This was on Thursday June 19th. I got an email on the 20th saying that the parts are special ordered and 4-6 weeks to arrive, which is fine by me but maybe the site should say that, then the email goes on to say that shipping is going to be 100-150 more, well there lies the problem as I already paid for shipping and am now told that the shipping is more, so I emailed back asking how much more as I have already paid for shipping, again not my fault as that is the shipping quote given on the web site, so wanted an exact amount as to how much more. On the 21th get an email saying it would be 150-200 more, I hope you see where I am going with this, still no exact amount and the price for shipping keeps going up, The email also saying do you want the order to be processed, I bought the items at the price he wanted via his web site, so yes I do want the parts, or I would not have ordered them, and wanted to know how much more it would be for the shipping, but have not been give an amount just a range that keep"s on going up, so waiting for a reply, the 4-6 weeks just got longer by 3 days, lol, I told him to place the order, hoping the shipping price will be honoured, I was going to do a review about the service and parts anyway, so I had to start a little early, so far its not going very well, I bought from Nigel instead of ebay, as he is on the forum and wanted to support vendors on the forum, I have asked for the order to be processed and I will wait, I have also asked for an exact shipping taking into account that I have already paid shipping, so I hope I get the parts sooner then 4-6 weeks and the rest of my purchase experiance goes well, I believe in great customer service and hope to get it in the future.
Old 06-23-14, 02:26 PM
zarraz
Rookie

order up date, I have left several emails, to Nigel regarding my order, I have no idea if the order is placed, or not, absolutly no reply,s to me, but he,s got the money, the good thing is I paid via paypal and have 45 days to put in a claim, hopfully I will get a reply, I know its summer and everyone is busy so will wait and give Nigel the time he needs to reply back to me.
Old 06-23-14, 03:32 PM
daobn24
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't this review premature for an order placed last Thursday? Bombarding a vendor with emails over the weekend then report on a Monday that you haven't heard back shows impatient.
Old 06-23-14, 03:53 PM
zarraz
Rookie

^ you did not read the first post at all then, I am not sure wether he is placing the order or not due to shipping, but yet has not given me any answer, and I am not blasting him at all, Just donig my up dates as to what is going on, so please read then comment, thanks
Old 06-23-14, 04:13 PM
bucanero
Pole Position

Originally Posted by daobn24
Isn't this review premature for an order placed last Thursday? Bombarding a vendor with emails over the weekend then report on a Monday that you haven't heard back shows impatient.
To zarraz defense, I emailed another vendor (www.mastermindna.com) requesting a quote on some JDM items on Saturday evening, by Sunday evening I had a response. Today I had another email from them. It is a buyers market whether or not the item in imported or not. If you are going to be legitimate enough to have a website where you can buy items from, you better back it with customer service and understand that there are many alternatives to where one can purchase these items from.

The whole $150-$200 shipping increment is insane. Not because the price, but because which is it? If the vendor can't give you a specific price for shipping, they are obviously in the wrong business. If I'm selling a good, how do I not know how much it is going for?

Either way, go with your gut instinct. Back out of it if you feel you should and look for an alternative vendor or hope nigel tries to make things right and pulls a few strings to make this a great business transaction for both of you.

Best of luck.
Old 06-23-14, 07:10 PM
USB350F
Driver School Candidate

wow..that sounds pretty sketchy to me. I've never purchased a single item online that this has happened with over the past 10 years. I'm talking about the fact that the initial, agreed upon price has been increased (substantially).

I'll definitely delay any potential purchase from this vendor with this in mind..it's not so much about the delay in response (4 days is pretty long though), but rather that the price has changed and OP doesn't can't even get the exact price. This is very concerning, particularly when shipping internationally. I wouldn't be surprised if there are duty charges on top of this - another unknown and substantial expense.
Old 06-23-14, 07:16 PM
ilv1004s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

are you guys new to this forum?
NIGEL JDM is a very reputable vendor on this forum
Old 06-23-14, 07:28 PM
USB350F
Driver School Candidate

yeah I'm new and before seeing this post would have thought the same thing..based on the fact that many people seem to have bought from him and clearly have their parts. Based on my experience in buying anything however, this is a strange situation.

I think it'd be best for Nigel to post for himself seeing as how he's an active member - hopefully put this matter to rest.
Old 06-23-14, 07:55 PM
bigguppy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ilv1004s
are you guys new to this forum?
NIGEL JDM is a very reputable vendor on this forum
Reputable or not, people do drop the ball sometime. So what is your point to this business transaction since OP is left hanging?

Nothing against Nigel, I just wanted to post in defense to OP against your careless comment. I hope it all works out for OP. Good luck.
Old 06-23-14, 08:39 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

welp, i guess i'm not placing any orders with nigel.

edit: read nigel's response below and maybe i will place an order? so torn! the agony!

edit no. 2: now the countdown until the thread is locked by the mods begins...

Last edited by davyjordi; 06-24-14 at 07:05 AM.
Old 06-23-14, 08:46 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sir,

Like I said in the email, the spoiler that you ordered is over size and shipping it to Canada will cost extra.
The items is shown as pre-order on our website.
USPS shipping systems estimate shipping cost base on weight.
We send you an email as soon as we received your order and saying the shipping cost will be more than what you've paid.
If you are ok, then we will go ahead and place an order for you, if not, we are happy to refund and cancel your order.
There is no way to ship 2 spoiler (Front and Trunk) for $76 oversea, it costs more than that to ship even in the U.S.
USPS system have its problem and USPS haven't fix this issue.

You last reply via email was June 22 (Sunday) and today June 23, we usually reply email in 24 hours.
Your order was placed on June 19, We sent you email notify you regarding the wait time and shipping cost on June 20.
You replied on June 21 and we replied on June 21, then the last email you replied was on June 22.
We are usually a little busy on Monday, and now I am replying all the email in my mail box.

Before you go on the USPS 2 days services name, the USPS 2 days serves is a joke, we don't want this name but if we use USPS services, the system that they integrated with our website have to show this name. (We complained many times, and many seller on ebay complain about the name that they are given)
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...1094002AAUP1tt

If you have any questions, please let us know anytime.

Thank you

Nigel

Last edited by Nigel-JDMParts; 06-23-14 at 09:03 PM.
Old 06-23-14, 08:52 PM
USB350F
Driver School Candidate

Good to see a quick response. Definitely brings some comfort for me at least. Good luck OP
Old 06-24-14, 12:31 AM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn, that's actually a very professional response coming from a vendor! To keep your cool like that and not say a single word about the OP's impatience, that takes a lot of class.
Old 06-24-14, 06:47 AM
zarraz
Rookie

I received a response that the items will be ordered, finally so 4-6 weeks and another 5 days on top, and from the response you all can read I still do not have an exact shipping cost, It is not my fault that the shipping cost on the web site is wrong, it should say so when checking out so you can budget the extra shipping.
To all that think I am impatient, how would you feel if you dropped 1300 on parts, only to be told you owe more and your order will not be processed until you pay more, how much more no body knows, so you already have a 4-6 week wait then the added 5 days, because the vendors web site makes a shipping mistake, which is not my problem, I am not blasting Nigel, I am just updating what is going on, I am not worried at all, like I said I have 45 days to put in a claim if anything was to happen.
I have owned a lot of cars that were modified and bought a lot of items overseas, and never once did I get an email saying I owe more after the order was placed,
I will now update the thread once I get a tracking number and now the wait continues.
Old 06-24-14, 10:50 AM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh, then I take what I said back. I guess I didn't read your original post carefully. In this case, the seller should have been a bit more on top of things as that's a long wait with a lot of money...

But back to your post, try to structure them better (more to the point, etc). This way it gets more attention and is user-friendly and logical. It's difficult not to see it as some impatient childish rant when it's all written in one giant slab of text, although, as it turns out, it's actually a legit complaint.

Quick Reply: Nigel jdm japan parts review so for parts ordered