I'm about to go in for my 10k service and I've got at least 5 rattles going on. I checked the TSB & Recall link on this website but there is nothing newer than late 2013. Surely there are some more recent TSBs?
1. I've got a squeak from the driver's door that reminds me of styrofoam rubbing
2. There's a rattle that seems to originate from the passenger seat vibrating back and forth on textured pavement
3. There's a rattle in the dash
4. There's a rattle from the back seat area
5. There's a rattle in the driver's door at some bass frequencies
Any TSBs that I can provide would be helpful.
This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Don't think you will see anything for rattles. I asked the same question back in January to the service tech at my dealership. You'll just have to point out every one of them when you go in and hope they can replicate. Most of the service techs will make some adjustments to whatever you complain about, and you have quite the list. I'd be interested in seeing what kind of fixes they make. Keep us posted.
For the squeaky styrofoam noise, I've experienced this on the IS and RX. It's the rubber door seal rubbing against the metal frame of the door while driving as I suspect there's a very slight movement of the door.
Not an elegant solution, but I added fabric tape (i.e. hockey tape) along the door frame and that particular squeak is gone. My car is tight so far, knock on wood - nearing 10k km.