IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Any news on the 2015's?

Old 06-17-14, 06:03 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Any news on the 2015's?

I really hate to start a new thread on this subject because there are already so many BUT many of them have turned into debates on things that really are not helpful to me and any questions just get lost.

I know some here have inside info and I really am hoping to know soon what colors are going to be available and what changes are going to be made. My lease maturity date is now just a little over a month away and I have got to make some decisions about whether to just work on a good deal for a '14 that I am not excited about (color wise) or extend my lease for a month and put in an order for a 15. I am thinking we are going to have to know something pretty soon, right?

Again, I apologize for beating this very dead horse.
Old 06-17-14, 10:13 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Unfortunately, no. There has been no official news on the 2015 Lexus IS, only rumors. I check lexusenthusiast.com from time to time, it'll keep you updated on new stuff =D
Old 06-17-14, 10:38 PM
unowned
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The dealer I worked with said they would paint the car any color I would like. If I wasn't in such a hurry to get rid of my old car, I probably would have done it. You should ask your dealer if they also are willing to perform that service for a repeat customer.
Old 06-18-14, 05:00 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by unowned
The dealer I worked with said they would paint the car any color I would like.
Not that I am doubting you, but I have never heard of such a thing. But I'd be interested to see if anyone else has. If this were true, I think we would have more of the blue cars that the US folks are so eager to get their hands on. And would this be factory paint? And at what cost? I also couldn't imagine how long the wait for that car would be!
Old 06-18-14, 05:25 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

can only speculate what they are going to offer for options and colors by looking at what the RC350 F Sport has
Old 06-18-14, 06:18 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Lets hope they divulge some information soon. I'll start checking Lexus enthusiast more, thanks for that tip.

I wouldn't want the dealer to paint my car, I want a factory finish plus I lease and I doubt that would be allowed.
Old 06-18-14, 07:37 AM
Aeromotive
Pole Position

@wednesday : have you looked into importing one from Canada? With the currency rate maybe it wouldn't be that much more expensive? The only thing is that you would be stuck with our silly packages and our arrival dates (they don't do custom orders in Canada - they check what's incoming in the production line and they reserve it for you. I had to wait 2 months for my car, which isn't that bad, and they told me the same exact one was coming to Canada again in August 2014...).
However I'm not sure if you can lease a car from Canada...

Definitely look at Lexus Enthusiast, they'll probably be the first website to announce something (unless forum members here get leaked info).
Old 06-18-14, 07:56 AM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for this thread, Wednesday.

Would love some details soon!
Old 06-18-14, 09:43 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Aeromotive
@wednesday : have you looked into importing one from Canada? With the currency rate maybe it wouldn't be that much more expensive? The only thing is that you would be stuck with our silly packages and our arrival dates (they don't do custom orders in Canada - they check what's incoming in the production line and they reserve it for you. I had to wait 2 months for my car, which isn't that bad, and they told me the same exact one was coming to Canada again in August 2014...).
However I'm not sure if you can lease a car from Canada...

Definitely look at Lexus Enthusiast, they'll probably be the first website to announce something (unless forum members here get leaked info).
Yes, I lease and CorradoMR2 checked with his dealer for me and was told that it wasn't possible. Surely we will know more about the 2015's sometime in the next month, at least that is what I am hoping.
Old 06-18-14, 09:53 AM
unowned
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moose66
Not that I am doubting you, but I have never heard of such a thing. But I'd be interested to see if anyone else has. If this were true, I think we would have more of the blue cars that the US folks are so eager to get their hands on. And would this be factory paint? And at what cost? I also couldn't imagine how long the wait for that car would be!
The dealership was Concord Lexus and they had a custom matte green GSF in the showroom. Since I was a repeat customer with my sales guy from a year ago he offered me custom color option for my 3is. I decided not to go that path based on the wait time and the actual negotiation room would be less.

It would probably add $3k+ to the price, but it could be financed I'm sure.
Old 06-18-14, 02:17 PM
damtachoa
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe Lexus will make 14 IS model the same as 2015, nothing change. Look like I will buy BMW 335i.
Old 06-18-14, 02:30 PM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

The dealership was Concord Lexus and they had a custom matte green GSF in the showroom. Since I was a repeat customer with my sales guy from a year ago he offered me custom color option for my 3is. I decided not to go that path based on the wait time and the actual negotiation room would be less.

That works. I for one would only want factory paint. But to each their own.
Old 06-18-14, 02:37 PM
HeMan26
Rookie

The only thing that I know the '15 IS will have is RES+. I would try to contact Lexus customer service and try to get some info from them.
Old 06-18-14, 02:38 PM
R8RDIVA
Driver School Candidate

The dealer I worked with said they would paint the car any color I would like. If I wasn't in such a hurry to get rid of my old car, I probably would have done it. You should ask your dealer if they also are willing to perform that service for a repeat customer.

This seems very far fetched as I work for a dealer.
Old 06-18-14, 03:24 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Is this the car? Also matte green.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any news on the 2015's?