IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

STOLEN RIMS 2014 IS 250 F Sport

Old 06-16-14, 01:26 PM
delena76
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alius
Woaaa, I live right by there, are you talking about me? I'm the one with the white F-Sport.

That's scary it happened not far from me, that's why I park mine all the way inside my driveway. Good to hear your insurance is covering it. Make sure the body shop checks your undercarriage.
Wow, okay it may not be you. This person who we pass all the time parks his car on the street all the time. The street it is near starts with a "D".

In any event, you be careful too! These guys are such d*cks! They hit an Acura and a Honda the same night as me!!! Cops couldn't lift fingerprints because it was raining so hard.
Old 06-16-14, 01:28 PM
delena76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ilshm113
god darn it... check if there is a surveillance camera around? .. and you should have a Blackvue installed ..
No, the cops checked each home and no one has surveillance cameras. I had always thought about a dashboard camera. Expensive, but much less than a $500 deductible! uugghhh
Old 06-16-14, 02:23 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Buy Kics Project, Volk Formula Rays, NRG or similar lugs with proprietary wheels locks.
Old 06-16-14, 02:23 PM
ilshm113
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah you should think about it... especially you live in NY... anyways sorry to hear that. .. good luck to you
Old 06-16-14, 02:53 PM
Lost808
Pole Position

Originally Posted by EffedSport
buy two sets of wheel locks. or even three. and park really close to the curb
I do not recommend using more than one wheel lock per wheel. Wheel locks can be broken/cracked easy from over torque and you would not even notice it. I would not want that on my wheels. If you do use locks, make sure you use a TQ wrench and not a impact gun......
Old 06-16-14, 03:01 PM
Alius
Pole Position

Originally Posted by delena76
Wow, okay it may not be you. This person who we pass all the time parks his car on the street all the time. The street it is near starts with a "D".

In any event, you be careful too! These guys are such d*cks! They hit an Acura and a Honda the same night as me!!! Cops couldn't lift fingerprints because it was raining so hard.
I know where that picture was taken, I'm on the opposite side, on 156th Avenue. But yes, our area is notorious for cars getting jacked up and rims stolen. Thanks for the heads up and be careful too, and if you or your bf come across a white F-Sport with a black top nearby just wave hi
Old 06-16-14, 03:24 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

damn, seems like you can't have nice rims in NYC. all the forums i frequent have this problem in the NYC area
Old 06-16-14, 06:02 PM
theoryguy3
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

That sucks sorry to hear
Old 06-16-14, 06:32 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I live in brooklyn and Howard Beach is infamous for people stealing rims. There is a huge demand for F-sport wheels, infinity q50/60 and Honda Accord sport wheels since these has been the cars that have been mainly targeted. Its been in the news for sometime if you google search it. There has been hundred of cars hit in the past 6 months in the Brooklyn/Queens/SI/Western LI area. My guess is that its a rim shop that steals these wheels and either sell them online or sell them back to the customers they stole it from.

Also the IS250 McGard wheel locks are stupid easy to remove. I Lost my key and had to get an entirely new set and remove the old locks. I took it to a shop and the guy took 2 hits with an air hammer and the lugs came right off. I was kind of dumbfounded how easy it was after spending hours using random tools to get them off.The thing that sucks about wheel locks is that if people really want the wheels, they will find a way to get them off
Old 06-16-14, 06:36 PM
Mike_1GO
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

sorry to hear...
im in queens (forest hills) NY and I see this happen all the time. just a day ago a brand new Toyota camry had its wheels stolen about a block away from my residence. in the past, ive seen many Honda accords with stolen wheels too. this is nothing new for NY... bunch of crooks everywhere you look.
Old 06-16-14, 07:05 PM
afdavey
Driver

Originally Posted by delena76
My car didn't even make it 30 days old and some *sshole stole my rims. Yes I had wheel locks, yes they had a key and didn't strip it. And they were so kind to leave me the lug nuts and locks, AND leave my car sitting on two bricks. Thanks for bending/damaging the under carriage.

Thank God for insurance; they probably won't give me the Turanza's that originally came with the car, but at least I'm getting the same rims.

I've searched the threads for answers to the wheel lock problem, but most of the threads seem old and outdated. Anyone have the new IS 250 F Sport that can shed some light on what they can do to prevent this from happening?

The bright side is that this didn't happen where I live, it happened where my boyfriend lives, so I'll be using a garage instead. BUT, I was told by the dealership that these rims are HOT ($1,235 each) and I suspect I'll be seeing more of these kinds of posts on this forum soon.

Can anyone feel my pain?
Just to keep the cost of replacement in perspective - the rear wheels are less then $450. each from Sewell - and the fronts slightly less.
I would insist the insurance company replace what you had on the car. Get a check and go shopping yourself for wheels / tires - what you save will cover your deductible. Dont't forget TPMS's are about $70. ea. and remind the insurance company they need to re programmed by the dealer $$$. Worst case you should be out no more than your deductible - the dealer has room to discount the parts also...
Old 06-16-14, 10:19 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

oh man so sorry to hear that =(, i have had two instances where people stole rims on my BLOCK! a new accord sport and a toyota venza. needless to say i have two sets of wheel locks on my car now hoping they help.
Old 06-17-14, 04:35 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yikes. That bites big time. Hopefully insurance will do you right. But as others have said, do not forget about the totality of the situation. You will want to get the body looked at in detail before the insurance company makes any payments.
Old 06-17-14, 06:53 AM
delena76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Alius
I know where that picture was taken, I'm on the opposite side, on 156th Avenue. But yes, our area is notorious for cars getting jacked up and rims stolen. Thanks for the heads up and be careful too, and if you or your bf come across a white F-Sport with a black top nearby just wave hi
Damn shame! Thank you and if I see you I will definitely wave! ;-)
Old 06-17-14, 07:46 AM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Damn that sucks, Sorry this happened to you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: STOLEN RIMS 2014 IS 250 F Sport