IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

STOLEN RIMS 2014 IS 250 F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-14, 10:48 AM
delena76
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry STOLEN RIMS 2014 IS 250 F Sport

My car didn't even make it 30 days old and some *sshole stole my rims. Yes I had wheel locks, yes they had a key and didn't strip it. And they were so kind to leave me the lug nuts and locks, AND leave my car sitting on two bricks. Thanks for bending/damaging the under carriage.

Thank God for insurance; they probably won't give me the Turanza's that originally came with the car, but at least I'm getting the same rims.

I've searched the threads for answers to the wheel lock problem, but most of the threads seem old and outdated. Anyone have the new IS 250 F Sport that can shed some light on what they can do to prevent this from happening?

The bright side is that this didn't happen where I live, it happened where my boyfriend lives, so I'll be using a garage instead. BUT, I was told by the dealership that these rims are HOT ($1,235 each) and I suspect I'll be seeing more of these kinds of posts on this forum soon.

Can anyone feel my pain?
Attached Thumbnails STOLEN RIMS 2014 IS 250 F Sport-stolen-rims.jpg  
Old 06-16-14, 10:51 AM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dang sorry to see that happened to your car. There are a lot of terrible people out there.
Old 06-16-14, 10:52 AM
delena76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Randre19
Dang sorry to see that happened to your car. There are a lot of terrible people out there.
Thanks - this hurts really bad. I mean damn, I haven't even made my second car payment yet.
Old 06-16-14, 10:53 AM
biggame
Lead Lap

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

Ouch!! Make sure you take it to a body shop and get the rocker and under carriage repaired, & not just replace the wheels. This happened to a friend of mine. Then they turned up on Craig's list. Needless to say the thief went to jail
Old 06-16-14, 11:18 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

That stinks!!

What part of NY? Hopefully it will keep others on the lookout.
Old 06-16-14, 11:23 AM
delena76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hypervish
That stinks!!

What part of NY? Hopefully it will keep others on the lookout.
Howard Beach. The East New York / Howard Beach border. Yes, I should have posted that so that others can be on the lookout. I know there is a 2014 F Sport owner about a mile away - my bf and I pass his car sometimes. I feel like I should warn him, but he parks in a busier area. Maybe the thieves are too concerned about the traffic over there.
Old 06-16-14, 11:26 AM
delena76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by biggame
Ouch!! Make sure you take it to a body shop and get the rocker and under carriage repaired, & not just replace the wheels. This happened to a friend of mine. Then they turned up on Craig's list. Needless to say the thief went to jail
Yes, absolutely. I dropped it off to a Lexus dealership the same day. I borrowed 3 donuts from them so my bf could put them on the car so that AAA could load it onto a flatbed truck. THAT was more of a hassle than anything. It took ALL day for me to take care of this. Now I have to wait for the appraiser to come out and check the damage done to the under carriage thanks to these *ssholes putting it on bricks. I've been checking Craigslist since this happened. The damn criminals actually came back the next night (I think) and my bf and the cops discovered a stolen van nearby. It might have been their stash van.
Old 06-16-14, 11:28 AM
DaSyce
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

ouch.. I would ask insurance to just cut you a check for the rims & tires.

Then buy a set from Sewell at discount.

$1,200 each for cast aluminum wheels, that doesn't make sense. You can get a much nicer set for 1/2 that.

Gorilla sells wheel locks with a spinning sleeve and these are a little harder to remove. However, wheel locks won't prevent a theft, they just slow it down.
Old 06-16-14, 11:30 AM
delena76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by biggame
P.S. How did he know it was his rims?
Old 06-16-14, 11:34 AM
delena76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DaSyce
ouch.. I would ask insurance to just cut you a check for the rims & tires.

Then buy a set from Sewell at discount.

$1,200 each for cast aluminum wheels, that doesn't make sense. You can get a much nicer set for 1/2 that.

Gorilla sells wheel locks with a spinning sleeve and these are a little harder to remove. However, wheel locks won't prevent a theft, they just slow it down.
I'm leasing. I think I would have to get the original rims, no?
Old 06-16-14, 11:34 AM
EffedSport
Driver School Candidate

buy two sets of wheel locks. or even three. and park really close to the curb
Old 06-16-14, 11:35 AM
EffedSport
Driver School Candidate

oh and also make sure the insurance company gives you brand new wheels from lexus and not reconditioned used wheels
Old 06-16-14, 12:05 PM
Alius
Pole Position

Originally Posted by delena76
Howard Beach. The East New York / Howard Beach border. Yes, I should have posted that so that others can be on the lookout. I know there is a 2014 F Sport owner about a mile away - my bf and I pass his car sometimes. I feel like I should warn him, but he parks in a busier area. Maybe the thieves are too concerned about the traffic over there.
Woaaa, I live right by there, are you talking about me? I'm the one with the white F-Sport.

That's scary it happened not far from me, that's why I park mine all the way inside my driveway. Good to hear your insurance is covering it. Make sure the body shop checks your undercarriage.
Old 06-16-14, 12:11 PM
larry13
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can sell you my fsport rims and tires. i'm in Chicago tho so you would hafta pay shipping but would still be cheaper
Old 06-16-14, 01:22 PM
ilshm113
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

god darn it... check if there is a surveillance camera around? .. and you should have a Blackvue installed ..

Quick Reply: STOLEN RIMS 2014 IS 250 F Sport