IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

STOLEN RIMS 2014 IS 250 F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-14, 09:08 AM
profet
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems that the Gorilla Automotive locks with the free spinning sleeve are the way to go.

Any other suggestions?

Which ones fit our F-Sport wheels? Anyone want to get a group buy going?
Old 06-17-14, 09:44 AM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

i have the gorilla locks along with my oem wheel locks that lexus gives. if they really want your rims they will find a way to take them. but having an extra set of locks definitely deters them as it slows them down. considering doing three sets now after all of these rim thefts in the new york city area, but i also hear having to many sets of locks can be a bad thing too so idk
Old 06-17-14, 10:13 AM
delena76
Driver School Candidate

So far I've heard two sets of wheel locks - guerilla and oem. Turn the wheel when I park, tilt sensor, alarm, etc. But yea, if they want them, they will find a way. Also, my bf's driveway is on a huge slant. Although he's going to let me park in his garage when I visit, parking it on that tilted driveway apparently is a deterrent as well because they can't lift the car without it rolling. As far as where I live, there haven't been any thefts (knock on wood), but I might look into a tilt sensor (after speaking to the dealer - I'm leasing it).

Those rims from Sewell are half the price the dealer quoted my insurance company!! Might be the way to go.
Old 06-17-14, 10:32 AM
dinobantin
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by delena76
My car didn't even make it 30 days old and some *sshole stole my rims. Yes I had wheel locks, yes they had a key and didn't strip it. And they were so kind to leave me the lug nuts and locks, AND leave my car sitting on two bricks. Thanks for bending/damaging the under carriage.

Thank God for insurance; they probably won't give me the Turanza's that originally came with the car, but at least I'm getting the same rims.

I've searched the threads for answers to the wheel lock problem, but most of the threads seem old and outdated. Anyone have the new IS 250 F Sport that can shed some light on what they can do to prevent this from happening?

The bright side is that this didn't happen where I live, it happened where my boyfriend lives, so I'll be using a garage instead. BUT, I was told by the dealership that these rims are HOT ($1,235 each) and I suspect I'll be seeing more of these kinds of posts on this forum soon.

Can anyone feel my pain?
Girl sorry to see that , I do feel ur pain, call this number and ask for Johnny they will have one custom made for you purposely for the ur Lexus and you will be the only person with that kind of locks on there .
Because I do have them on mine too. 2022555444
Old 06-17-14, 10:50 AM
aznpapaya
Lead Lap

A car's prupose is to take you from point A to point B. Without wheels it cannot perform what it was made to do. A guy purpose is to reproduce. Without his ***** he cannot do what he was born to do. Since they took away you car's ability to perform, I hope someone take away their ability to do what they were born to do! lol

Really sorry for your loss.

Last edited by aznpapaya; 06-17-14 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-17-14, 11:11 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by DaSyce

Gorilla sells wheel locks with a spinning sleeve and these are a little harder to remove. However, wheel locks won't prevent a theft, they just slow it down.
Yea, that's what I have. Someone broke into my neighbors car 10 ft from mine and they didn't touch my wheels. Not sure if they just didn't want em or because they saw the locks but either way I'm lucky.
Old 06-17-14, 11:22 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexRuger
Yea, that's what I have. Someone broke into my neighbors car 10 ft from mine and they didn't touch my wheels. Not sure if they just didn't want em or because they saw the locks but either way I'm lucky.
All of these recommendations for Gorilla and not one part number has been shared! Come on folks!
Old 06-17-14, 11:26 AM
delena76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aznpapaya
A car's prupose is to take you from point A to point B. Without wheels it cannot perform what it was made to do. A guy purpose is to reproduce. Without his ***** he cannot do what he was born to do. Since they took away you car's ability to perform, I hope someone take away their ability to do what they were born to do! lol

Really sorry for your loss.
LMAO!!! Thank you for that!!! That made me smile!!
Old 06-17-14, 11:38 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by moose66
All of these recommendations for Gorilla and not one part number has been shared! Come on folks!
I used these on ES and GS. Not sure if they fit all Lexus sedans.
Amazon.com: Gorilla Automotive 61631 Acorn Gorilla Guard Locks (12mm x 1.50 Thread Size) - Pack of 4: Automotive Amazon.com: Gorilla Automotive 61631 Acorn Gorilla Guard Locks (12mm x 1.50 Thread Size) - Pack of 4: Automotive
Old 06-17-14, 12:25 PM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexRuger
Thanks. Much appreciated.
Old 06-17-14, 05:49 PM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts

Was this north of the Belt?
Old 06-17-14, 06:00 PM
rayners
Driver School Candidate

god damn sorry feel bad for you
Old 06-17-14, 06:16 PM
agile90
Driver School Candidate

GOSH it's bad hope they catch the bad guy
Old 06-18-14, 07:34 AM
delena76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by panyo64
Was this north of the Belt?
Yes!! You live in the area??
Old 06-18-14, 07:42 AM
delena76
Driver School Candidate

Default UPDATE - Good News

I just got off the phone w/ the insurance appraiser:

- The original quote for the rims ($1235) was incorrect - the updated price is half that.

- Best news?! NO DAMAGE TO THE UNDERCARRIAGE!!!

- I originally had Bridgestone Turanza's all season tires on my car. The dealership recommended the Dunlop Sport. I told them I couldn't care less what brand it is, but it HAS to be all season (I live in NYC) and that all season was what I originally had on the car. The dealership told the appraiser that the original tires were "sub-standard" and these are better. But when I go to check, Dunlop doesn't make an all season tire for this car.

Anyway, I should have my car back Friday or Saturday!

Quick Reply: STOLEN RIMS 2014 IS 250 F Sport