IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Bluetooth Connection issues with Enform App

Old 06-09-14, 03:01 PM
jmrarch
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth Connection issues with Enform App

Since Lexus released the updated Enform software (both in-car and phone app) I have been unable to run the Enform app smoothly. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and whenever I run the app my car will lose bluetooth connection but reconnect immediately; it will disconnect and reconnect constantly about every three minutes. If the Enform app isn't running on my phone the bluetooth connection is perfect; I'm almost always streaming music from my phone when I'm driving and it never loses connection. Like clock work if I start the Enfrom app on the phone the car loses connection.

From my Enform account on Lexus's site I send them an email with my issues, but never heard back. Anyone else suffer from this and is there a solution?
Old 06-09-14, 05:35 PM
LexusJEFF5
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jmrarch
Since Lexus released the updated Enform software (both in-car and phone app) I have been unable to run the Enform app smoothly. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and whenever I run the app my car will lose bluetooth connection but reconnect immediately; it will disconnect and reconnect constantly about every three minutes. If the Enform app isn't running on my phone the bluetooth connection is perfect; I'm almost always streaming music from my phone when I'm driving and it never loses connection. Like clock work if I start the Enfrom app on the phone the car loses connection.

From my Enform account on Lexus's site I send them an email with my issues, but never heard back. Anyone else suffer from this and is there a solution?
I don't think I've had quite the same problem but the Enform app has been acting weird for me too. Most of the time it works great - connects when I get into the car, disconnects when I get out. Once in a while it won't connect at all until I manually connect it. Usually when I do that however, a second instance of the app is opened. The most annoying issue that I have with it by far though is that sometimes it will look like it's disconnected when I get out of the car but then I find out later that it's been playing music on my phone the entire time - there's no way to tell unless the volume is turned up on your phone. I actually had it wake me up one time in the middle of the night because it started playing music out of no where.
Old 06-15-14, 06:54 PM
mnm27mnm
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmrarch

I have an s4 also and have same problem, since I did an upgrade on my phone. Car won't read text messages anymore either.
Old 06-16-14, 06:07 AM
ancpratt
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an iPhone 5S and have always had general Bluetooth issues with Enform and texting features as well. I haven't really been able to figure out what the problem is. I can confirm though that the connection problems are definitely random. Sometimes it all works then a lot of the times, not so much.
Old 06-16-14, 06:24 AM
Sygnal
Driver School Candidate

I had a bluetooth issue when my carrier (verizon) updated to kitkat 4.2.2.
Bluetooth would reconnect every 2 minutes or so.

I deleted the saved phone from the car and vice versa and reconnected. I allowed phone contacts to transfer but denied access to messages.

That did the trick for bluetooth, only loss is i dont get texts read to me anymore.
Old 06-16-14, 11:26 AM
jmrarch
Driver School Candidate

I do not receive text messages anymore either. And actually a friend of mine who also has a 2014 IS but has a GS3 doesn't receive text messages anymore either; although her bluetooth connect seems to work fine. I don't remember when my phone updated to KitKat, but that might be the issue. I'll try deleting my phone and doing a whole new set up. I've also noticed that I can't always control the music playing either and the car won't accurately read what is playing. It worked fine before so maybe it's just the phone.

I'm almost due for my first service so if all else fails I'll mention it to the service dept, but reading other people's issues on this forum it doesn't seem there is any fix.
Old 06-16-14, 02:26 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Enform itself is bleh. I wished every car company came with Google Maps, Gmail, YouTube and the rest of the Google App Suite integration with a bigger screen like the Tesla. Would be so much bettter than buying BS map updates and using ultra slow menu navigation of the current systems. Blah. /rant
Old 06-23-14, 10:49 AM
jmrarch
Driver School Candidate

It seemed that Samsung is the issue in my case after all. I bought a Nexus5 phone this weekend and it works flawlessly in my car: Bluetooth connection is great, Enform works, my text messages come in, my music works great.
Old 06-23-14, 11:13 AM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Maybe you needed to uninstall the enform app on the phone and then reinstall?
That sometimes helps for other android apps that have issues if the app received update over a older version.
Something to throw out there for others that may come across this problem.
Old 10-01-14, 03:46 PM
Loe
Pole Position

My S3 (yeah I know, and older phone) does this as well. However, today I found that if I turn off the WiFi finder, it doesn't seem to connect/disconnect, it just stays connected without issues (at least for my 30mins commute home). It would normally cycle every 5 mins when my WiFi finder was activated on the phone.