IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Dealer's Interior Detailing Good or No?

Old 06-02-14, 05:36 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by FinaLpeace
Well, I was thinking about it and I'm still hesitating if I should do it myself because then my OCD would kick in and I may probably over clean the interior which might turn out good or bad.

If I just let the dealer clean it and do some touch up they shouldn't do a terrible job right? Considering I can always go back in and hold them responsible for any uncertainty.

I have this sort of familiar close relationship with the dealership and the service consultant . I would probably tell him to have the guys be careful on the navigation screen etc.

Just wondering if anyone let reading this post have let the dealership clean and detail their interior? It sucks to have OCD!
fluvoxamine is supposed to be great for mild/moderate ocd. then there is clomipramine which is for moderate to severe cases and a combination of cloimipramine and fluvoxamine for even more severe and/or treatment resistant cases. and finally, adding in an atypical antipsychotic to a serotonergic, e.g. an ssri or a tca, can really diminish symptoms of extremely disabling ocd. you should talk with a physician about your symptoms.

anyhow, it seems as though you've already made up your mind and are looking for someone to validate your decision. one person has, although the majority of the posts have been written contrary to the idea of the dealership 'detailing' any portion of the vehicle.

that aside, you can't really hold them accountable for much as any minor damage will be put right back on you as you brought the car in with said damage, or so they'll claim. you'd have to take high-resolution photographs in front of, say, your service advisor before handing over the car and even then the dealership may claim that it came in with x amount of scratches here and y amount of scuffs there. that, and photographic manipulation is easily done and no one is taking a dealership to court over a light scratch near the gear shifter and lexus corporate will likely side with the dealership on these sorts of issues.
Old 06-06-14, 05:10 PM
dizlex
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I wouldn't have them touch the interior on the IS as it's very delicate. The center console an clear plastic panels around the gauges, screen, tranny are all very easy to scratch. If you decide to proceed, take good closeup pics of these finishes before you have them work on it.
Weird. I've owned lots of cars, and NEVER before was I concerned about interior being "fragile", as in easily scuffed. It won't stop me from buying an IS, but is rather lame.