IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Question about programming

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-14, 12:01 PM
wiliu0
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about programming

So I just programmed my key to open the windows by just holding down the unlock button, but when I ask the dealer about closing the windows up with the key also, they said there's no function for that yet, is that true?
Old 05-31-14, 12:32 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wiliu0
So I just programmed my key to open the windows by just holding down the unlock button, but when I ask the dealer about closing the windows up with the key also, they said there's no function for that yet, is that true?
I'd also like to know. In the past, some BMW's had this function, and it was a nice feature. The E36 Bimmers would do this if you locked your doors with your key and held the key in the locked position for a couple of seconds.

Last edited by UncleSpud; 05-31-14 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-31-14, 12:44 PM
Appleman
Rookie

It's a safety issue. You can't close the windows by remote, only open.
Old 06-01-14, 10:43 AM
kenforum
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't know you could program the key to open the windows (which window does it open by the way? The driver's window?)! Could you tell us how to program it to do so?
Old 06-01-14, 10:46 AM
Jaydemm
Pole Position

DIY on how to program the keys to open the windows please! Had it on my 2IS, sucks the 3is isnt standard.
Old 06-01-14, 10:51 AM
hainess
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaydemm
DIY on how to program the keys to open the windows please! Had it on my 2IS, sucks the 3is isnt standard.
Dealer has to program it.
Old 06-01-14, 10:54 AM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kenforum
I didn't know you could program the key to open the windows (which window does it open by the way? The driver's window?)! Could you tell us how to program it to do so?
You can't do it yourself. The dealer has to do it on the 3IS. They'll program your remote to completely open all windows and the sunroof by holding down the unlock key. My dealer didn't charge me for this service.
Old 06-03-14, 12:09 AM
kenforum
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleSpud
You can't do it yourself. The dealer has to do it on the 3IS. They'll program your remote to completely open all windows and the sunroof by holding down the unlock key. My dealer didn't charge me for this service.
Thanks for the info. I will probably go to a dealer to try my luck on a possible free service of programming it.
Old 06-03-14, 06:47 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kenforum
Thanks for the info. I will probably go to a dealer to try my luck on a possible free service of programming it.
If you have yet to do your 5K service, changes like this are done complimentary when you take the vehicle in for that service. After that, the dealership will want to charge you for it.
Old 06-03-14, 07:48 AM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

you can do it yourself as well if you had TIS Techstream OBD2 connector and software on computer
Old 06-09-14, 09:19 PM
wiliu0
Driver School Candidate

Oh, had you tried programming the window and moonroof to close by using the key? I went to the dealer and they couldn't do it, if you can do it, I'll try to go back in.
Old 06-09-14, 10:14 PM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Oh, had you tried programming the window and moonroof to close by using the key? I went to the dealer and they couldn't do it, if you can do it, I'll try to go back in.
Not possible in the US.
Old 06-12-14, 01:34 PM
cFoo
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is also available on the Canadian model. The dealer did the programming for me during the first inspection service. You have to continuously hold down the unlock button until all the windows are down. The moment you let go the windows will stop. Hold it again to get it going down again. It works great when you park outside in the summer and want to clear out the hot air from a distant before you get into the car.
Old 06-12-14, 02:04 PM
TheForce
Driver School Candidate

Also possible on a Dutch model IS300H F Sport (done by dealer). Opening and closing windows and sunroof with the remote-key.

Quick Reply: Question about programming