IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

5,000 miles maintence

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-14, 04:25 PM
NotADood
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by unowned
tell them you want nav software updates.
Good idea. RC5 was just released a few weeks ago, and will fix the blue screen and freezing issues.
Old 05-30-14, 05:41 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NotADood
Good idea. RC5 was just released a few weeks ago, and will fix the blue screen and freezing issues.
Will this update solve the reboot issue as well?
Old 05-30-14, 06:39 PM
mrtriad
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
It's definitely not the most critical service. I recently took mine in for the 5k. I figured that it's free anyway. It's pretty much just an inspection and topping off of fluids. I asked them to update my nav firmware at the same time. It's also an opportunity to have them adjust your Lexus Personalized Settings if you so choose.

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/14I...i-customer.pdf

I also feel like it's a bit of extra warranty insurance. If something were to go wrong between now and the 10k service, I'd hate to have any warranty issues with them denying a claim stating that it would have been caught or prevented at the 5k service. Maybe a bit paranoid on my part, but it certainly doesn't hurt.
Which one of those would work in the is250 f sport?
Old 03-29-15, 11:29 AM
lexupro
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your RX 350 should go Waaaaaaay more than 5000 miles between alignments unless

In my experience, and I have years as a Lexus mechanic, the RX 350 can easily make 20,000 to 35,000 miles between alignments...Unless the vehicle has a Massive impact to the from end or is continually driving dirt roads that are full of pot holes. Your vehicle will be pulling to one side if it needs an alignment. The ONLY way to check for this is to get on an open and FLAT road, set a certain speed (say 55-65), let the vehicle stabilize and feel how much pressure must be applied to the steering wheel to keep from drifting. If excessive pressure has to be applied the vehicle may be out of alignment. NOTE: This test CANNOT be done on downtown or neighborhood streets - It must be carried out on long flat stretches of highway where a good rate of speed can be maintained - ANY pulling on downtown streets cannot be attributed to alignment because of the excessive camber of the road will give false results. If you take your vehicle to a car of tire dealer at anything less than 20000 miles since your last alignment and he recommends a new alignment I would definitely get a second opinion. I know of many dealers out there who will tell customers when they come in for a tire rotation that they need (in a Big Way) an alignment also (Even when the alignment on the vehicle is fine). This is 8 times out of 10 BS. I have also seen dealers tell customers that the vehicle is very badly out of alignment when absolutely nothing-and I mean NOTHING is wrong with the alignment just to get an extra dollar. If you have had an alignment in the past year and you are being told you need another - You BETTER find another dealer or at minimum GET A SECOND OPINION. Too many mechanics charging for unnecessary procedures. (Many big retailers push their employees to sell unnecessary procedures for profits) SHAME SHAME!!!

Last edited by lexupro; 03-29-15 at 12:34 PM.