IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Anger / Aggression / Road Rage?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-14, 08:32 AM
hovik92
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by yellow2112
I drove a Signal Yellow 425 hp Toyota MR2 around for about 8 years (sold it last year). This two seater was a huge head turner, especially since it was such a nice yellow, not the orangy kind you see around today. The car was lowered, rims, not ricey. It looked fast and had the power to back it up.

I got so used to people revving at lights, tailgating, impatience (as well as compliments) in that car that I know exactly what the OP is talking about. Theres a modern phrase that works well, "haters gonna hate" that seems to fit this mentality.

Now, after selling that car about 2 years ago, I do notice this a little bit in the 3IS but not nearly significant as in the Toyota.
My 335i coupe was silver with a full lip kit, trunk, lowered on black rims and it was pushing over 480whp. It was moderately loud and I always had people revving around me trying to push my buttons but I never had people pulling over for me to pass. It was a very weird experience. I'm pretty sure it's the psychological effect of the aggressive front end of our cars :P
Old 05-14-14, 10:41 PM
Slust
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My friend and I were talking about this on the way to sushi. There are idiots and jerks all over the road, especially here.

I don't think it is the car as much as I think there are that many idiots in this world who have no business driving. Just today I saw some truck hauling a trailer whip out from a right turn in front of me so fast he made his trailer sway around, which made him sway. All he had to do was wait for me to go by and he would have had plenty of time to turn but nooooooo clearly 1 car makes ALL the difference. It's not just in front of me this stuff happens. I see it all the time to other cars. My friends and co-workers see it. My friend's story was someone aggressively staring at him and speeding up then slowing down and he drives an older C350.

Too many idiots and no good way to keep them off the streets.
Old 05-15-14, 09:10 AM
LexusFsprt
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get a bunch of looks... people in Q50's and 3Series grill me. I have a 250 AWD so I know I would lose if we raced.
Old 05-15-14, 09:25 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Speaking of idiots, I notice that one or the other BSM is almost always on. People seem to enjoy finding the blind spot and just hovering there. I don't care for it.
Old 05-15-14, 07:52 PM
is250Gwong
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too many average ricers out here in LA
Old 05-16-14, 12:05 AM
finalhope
Rookie

Tonight I actually cut an Audi A8 or w/e it is some big Audi that supposedly is faster than my IS350 F Sport and he didn't want to let me cut but I did then he didn't do anything . I was driving in Sport + mode and gas the car multiple of times to taunt him lol. I race a last generation 2008ish M3 once when I first got this car and there was no winner or loser at least not in the streets. The IS350 and M3 is probably only 1 seconds apart from 0-60. I think it's about 2 seconds for the newest generation but I dont know about the preceding one. If I get the RC F I would probably try to race a ferrari or any super cars I see in the streets. Safety first though I never go too far above speed limit. It's fun though.
Old 05-16-14, 01:26 AM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by finalhope
Tonight I actually cut an Audi A8 or w/e it is some big Audi that supposedly is faster than my IS350 F Sport and he didn't want to let me cut but I did then he didn't do anything . I was driving in Sport + mode and gas the car multiple of times to taunt him lol. I race a last generation 2008ish M3 once when I first got this car and there was no winner or loser at least not in the streets. The IS350 and M3 is probably only 1 seconds apart from 0-60. I think it's about 2 seconds for the newest generation but I dont know about the preceding one. If I get the RC F I would probably try to race a ferrari or any super cars I see in the streets. Safety first though I never go too far above speed limit. It's fun though.
please stop "racing" on the streets
Old 05-16-14, 08:11 AM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

i get a lot of stares from g37s q50s and honda accord sports LOL. they tail me pull up next to me at ligts but i try my best not to pay them anymind. I keep having to remind myself how hard i worked to get my car and just because im 21 years old doesnt mean i have to act like one and race some idiot. dont get me wrong, on a clear road if they are really asking for it ill let them have it, and they usually stay far behind after, but ive come to realize gas not getting any cheaper and they're not paying for it so i just keep my head straight and drive on. not to mention i dont like beating on my car to much.
Old 05-16-14, 09:35 AM
Alant514
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by link13
Speaking of idiots, I notice that one or the other BSM is almost always on. People seem to enjoy finding the blind spot and just hovering there. I don't care for it.
Speaking of BSM, Does anyone feel like when it goes on, it seems like the other car will speed up or slow down thinking you want to signal.
Old 07-01-14, 09:18 AM
dinobantin
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Alant514
Yeah I feel the same way, I get cars that try to cut me off and race me
Mine when I first got it I got pull over by a cop this was a Saturday weekend in a busy traffic , the cop pull me over just to admire the ride up close especially the Alfa gauge cluster , ended up calling for his bodies who were also cops .. Taught it was backup but guess I was wrong , they too came over to take a look at it .. This was on the main highway .. See I have 3is 250 awd with cv3 on them .. With 15%tint all around ..
I left with no ticket , and ever since all I get I tumps up from them and other drivers I meet in traffic
Old 07-02-14, 02:38 AM
Hermes
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't had any real issues, just glances of admiration.
Old 07-02-14, 07:23 AM
Dunkin1222
Pole Position

Gotta get some tats and hit the weight room. You won't be messed with anymore.