Club Lexus Forums

Club Lexus Forums (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - Third Generation (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-third-generation-249/)
-   -   Whistling Sound Coming from Drivers Side of Car (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-third-generation/740177-whistling-sound-coming-from-drivers-side-of-car.html)

shivad87 04-28-14 11:05 AM

Whistling Sound Coming from Drivers Side of Car

so lately I have noticed that at highway speeds, 55 + MPH, there is a whistling sound coming from outside the car, I can hear it more on the drivers side of the car. I checked all the rubber parts on the two doors and everything seemed to be in place. Is this normal? has anyone else experienced it? I probably only noticed it because I had the volume on the radio really low, but the whistling sound sounds like its right in my ear. I got my roof wrapped so I thought maybe part of the vinyl came up and was causing that but the wrap is sound in place. looking forward to hearing others input, thanks!

Hou250 04-28-14 11:15 AM

I had the same issue. I took it to the dealer and told me that they would have to replace the side view mirror...something with it was causing the whistling noise..they replaced it , and the noise is gone. Contact the dealership.

shivad87 04-29-14 01:48 PM

wow I would have never would have guessed that would be the problem. thanks for the response! I wonder if my dealership will say I caused it by tampering with the mirror since I changed the puddle lights to LED. has anyone else experienced this as well?

Hou250 04-29-14 01:52 PM

No problem! Don't think you should have an issues with the dealership.

onepointon 04-29-14 04:45 PM

I have had this complaint on two customer's vehicles. Both of them had clear bra on the mirrors. The noise went away with it removed. Luckily both customers were fine with not having the bra material on the mirrors.

Maybe something to think about with yours? If you have it on your car, visually inspect the installation and verify its not covering any gaps and that its sitting flush on the surface of the mirror.

shivad87 04-29-14 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onepointon (Post 8512270)
I have had this complaint on two customer's vehicles. Both of them had clear bra on the mirrors. The noise went away with it removed. Luckily both customers were fine with not having the bra material on the mirrors.

Maybe something to think about with yours? If you have it on your car, visually inspect the installation and verify its not covering any gaps and that its sitting flush on the surface of the mirror.

that may be it, because I do have clear bras on both my mirrors. thank you both for this very useful information. glad I joined this forum lol

Moridan 04-30-14 04:25 AM

I have less than 600 miles on mine and I have been noticing this same problem. I wasnt sure if that was just how the car was built or what. Something I will definitely need to look into.

shivad87 05-04-14 03:24 PM

i think its the clear bra, i adjusted the film a little bit and as of right now there is no whistling.

onepointon 05-04-14 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivad87 (Post 8519865)
i think its the clear bra, i adjusted the film a little bit and as of right now there is no whistling.

:thumbup::thumbup:

darock55 05-05-14 05:58 AM

I had to remove my clear bra, and my whistling noise disappeared. So anyways that is DEFINITLY causing the problem.