IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Jerk denies giving me a fender ding while I was sitting in my car!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-14, 10:02 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Ding his face.

Then deny it.

Don't get mad, get even.
Old 05-08-14, 09:54 PM
nautnavel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by islandbeef
Ding his face.

Then deny it.

Don't get mad, get even.
Yeah, if the law wasn't involved, that would have happened already. I believe in kharma, he'll get it worse. Situation just sucks. But at the end of the day, I'm just glad that I'm not a piece of crap like him.
Old 05-08-14, 09:57 PM
nautnavel
Driver School Candidate

Oh yeah, one thing to consider also. If you are debating on insurance, THINK twice about Progressive. I wouldn't go with them.
Old 05-09-14, 06:20 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nautnavel
UPDATE:

So Progressive is siding with the jerk. They said that they are not going to pay for the damage under the jerk's policy. The manager/supervisor said that there is some red paint on the dent, so she concluded that the jerk didn't give me the ding. The red scuff is barely anything, and that came came off his car somehow. There's evidence that his paint transferred on to mine. There's evidence that his door lined up to the dent. What are the odds of his car parking perfectly next to mine, giving me a dent with the same color paint on it?!??? Club Lexus, I need some help here. I'm uploading a close up picture of the dent, and you guys can tell me what you guys think. I'm still fighting with progressive, and trying to see if Walmart has a camera under their lamp post or something.
this is typical with most companies and the reason is simple..
you have maybe 800 in damage, they know your not going to spend that much going to court to **** over it.
it's 800 progressive doesn't have to spend and you'll eventually go away and fix it yourself.
sad but true..
i am not siding with progressive either. even progressive knows the claim is legit.
the next step for you is to go to the department of insurance in your state about it and submit a bad faith claim against progressive.. then they might pay up.
good luck!

you might actually call progressive and tell them that you intend to do just that, they might change their tune, they might call your bluff.
but i would look up your states department of insurance and find the number to call to submit a bad faith claim.
then i would post something negative about progressive online for everyone else to read.
Old 05-09-14, 07:59 AM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you have his address and info...put a big foot print on their door..cant prove you did it even if they can match your shoe size and type lolololol...srly tho..karma! haha
Old 05-09-14, 11:20 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBatman
Its b/c of inconsiderate people like this that I park waaaaaaaaayyyy out in a parking lot where no one parks.
yeah I tried this it doesn't work as many people decide to park next to you cause you care about your car. I had this happen to me OP sucks at least you were there to catch them I parked and went to work, came back and the door had a scratch and dent. dent removal should help.
Old 05-09-14, 11:34 AM
elusive
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigblack06
yeah I tried this it doesn't work as many people decide to park next to you cause you care about your car. I had this happen to me OP sucks at least you were there to catch them I parked and went to work, came back and the door had a scratch and dent. dent removal should help.
People are ****ing weird. I've parked my car far as hell with no cars around, and a car decided to park next to me as if it needed company.
Old 05-09-14, 12:03 PM
BoyOhBoy
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Wow I never thought this kind of situation could even happen.. Sorry to hear that. Makes me reconsider about where to park for school
Old 05-10-14, 08:37 AM
theoryguy3
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

You can always take it up with the insurance company since you have his plates, albeit you're rate will most certainly go up
Old 05-10-14, 08:53 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by theoryguy3
You can always take it up with the insurance company since you have his plates, albeit you're rate will most certainly go up
why do people stay stupid **** like this?
insurance rates only go up when you do something stupid and have an at fault accident.
this is a comprehensive claim! not collision!
damn.. seriously?
Old 05-10-14, 08:36 PM
NinjaSocks
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

park further away
Old 05-11-14, 08:43 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

should be able to get the paint transfer off with rubbing compound and a microfiber towel, then try to paintless dent removal
Old 05-14-14, 08:12 PM
fsport2014
Driver School Candidate

Same thing just happen to me. Took my family out to eat and ding my door right below my side mirror. I go back in the restaurant yell out who owns a ford focus no answer yell it out again no reply. I go out and call the cops. I know the person heard me. I go back in and see the restaurant has security camera. I find who the guy is.the waitress tell me to clam down she will get him and tell him to meet me outside . He come and he denies hitting my car with his door , red paint still on my door, I tell him didn't touch my door he rubs the paint off and goes back in. The cops show up and I tell him what happen then the guys come out he opens his door and we line thing up. The tell him to gave me his insurance information if not the cop would write him a citation so the guy gave me his card. Tomorrow I will call his agent and file a claim.
Old 05-14-14, 08:59 PM
Noeh
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fsport2014
Same thing just happen to me. Took my family out to eat and ding my door right below my side mirror. I go back in the restaurant yell out who owns a ford focus no answer yell it out again no reply. I go out and call the cops. I know the person heard me. I go back in and see the restaurant has security camera. I find who the guy is.the waitress tell me to clam down she will get him and tell him to meet me outside . He come and he denies hitting my car with his door , red paint still on my door, I tell him didn't touch my door he rubs the paint off and goes back in. The cops show up and I tell him what happen then the guys come out he opens his door and we line thing up. The tell him to gave me his insurance information if not the cop would write him a citation so the guy gave me his card. Tomorrow I will call his agent and file a claim.

10 char
Old 05-14-14, 10:18 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by NebulaIS
Sorry to see that. He actually looks like he's parked a good distance away. His door must have been pushed open as far as it goes to make contact with your fender. Who needs to open their door that much? Dude just looks average sized.
Ya, average size for TX. Fat f*** probably had to swing the door wide open to get out.

Quick Reply: Jerk denies giving me a fender ding while I was sitting in my car!