IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Jerk denies giving me a fender ding while I was sitting in my car!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-14, 05:10 AM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBatman
Its b/c of inconsiderate people like this that I park waaaaaaaaayyyy out in a parking lot where no one parks.
+2

I have a different story but this is another reason why I park far. There was this one time where I went with my friends to Chick-Fil-A and I had parked in a space that had no one on my left or right so I figured I was fine. It wasn't a busy day either so there were other spots. I go in to eat and come out maybe 15 minutes later and my friend noticed some black paint on the drivers side of the front bumper. It wasn't dented or anything just had paint on it. I knew this wasn't there prior to me going because I had just washed my car so I would have noticed it before and I didn't go anywhere else either. There was also no one parked on the left or right of me when I came out so they left me with the scar on my front bumper. Cost me $250 to fix at a local body shop. Now I make sure to park far away to prevent any of this from happening.
Old 04-28-14, 05:28 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

so how do you deal with someone like this where the cops wont show up and the guy is uncooperative?
Old 04-28-14, 05:43 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to hear that bro, but at least you were extremely lucky to have witness the accident then and there and do something about it. i think a month or two after owning the car, when i was washing it one day, i noticed this faint smudge on my rear bumper i wiped it off though it was a little tough, but after washing the area i noticed a paint chip in which i thought was initially dirt. some mother effing *** hole bump into the car. i'm not sure by what or where, and i'll never find out. but at least you got to.
Old 04-28-14, 05:45 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Most Walmart stores have security footage of their parking lots. If you have issues with insurance or otherwise, you should contact their security to see if they have the footage of your encounter.

Also as many have said, as long as the paint is still intact, a very good dent remover should be able to fix that for you for a couple hundred dollars max.
Old 04-28-14, 06:19 AM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

Sorry this happened to you. It might have been better if you didn't witness what happened, especially since dude is being a total ***.

I had a relatively small (huge to me) door ding on the crease of my driver door on my last car. Dentless repair took care of it amazingly for about $100.
Old 04-28-14, 12:46 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

That's 100 percent removable with PDR.

I've had much worse on my 335i, and my STi. Both were on creases and both were much worse. Ironically both got dinged in the Fry's parking lot.

My PDR guy got them both out perfectly, can never tell it was there for $90 each time.

Don't feel down man, your baby will be back to perfect condition. Whatever you do, don't go all drastic like replacing the fender, then painting it and blending it into the door and hood ect. It'll never be the same if you did it that way. That's probably what insurance will have you do.

When my 335i got dinged on on the passenger side door crease, insurance wanted to have the door skin replaced and painted and blended to the back and front fender. I was like F that.
Old 04-28-14, 12:55 PM
Crimson92
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate people.
Old 04-28-14, 01:11 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

should of made a report and get his insurance to fix it. its still considered an accident. my ex gf was an insurance rep, had this all the time. if his property damaged your property, just make a report.
Old 04-28-14, 03:53 PM
hoosier1
Driver

Always try to park in an end parking spot, but there few places where your car is safe. Kids and overweight folks will just let a door fly open, and if your car is in range, too bad. I had a friend that kicked in the door of a car that parked too close after the owner opened the door and put a dent in his car.

Also, high winds will sometimes blow a door open. This situation happened at work, but was witnessed, so that cost the offender $700 to fix a fairly new SUV.

Last edited by hoosier1; 04-28-14 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-28-14, 04:08 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Crimson92
I hate people.
Agree, people suck.
Old 04-28-14, 06:21 PM
KS13
Driver

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
so how do you deal with someone like this where the cops wont show up and the guy is uncooperative?
An eye for an eye?
Old 04-29-14, 06:37 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i had a guy with a brand new mustang years ago at my work dent my brand new prelude in the work parking lot with his door. i never confronted him but he got a real nice dent in the exact same location on the drivers door. it was a lot bigger than mine and it had a shoe print in it.
Old 04-29-14, 07:25 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Exeon
Sad to see but the first mistake is going to Walmart, especially with a lexus. Hope you get it fixed
yup... walmart...worst people ever...

sorry about the car.
Old 04-29-14, 09:07 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

You got a picture of the guy taking a picture of your car... Then denying it..??!!

The door lines up, case closed..

~ Joe Z
Old 04-29-14, 10:24 AM
todd4566
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
i had a guy with a brand new mustang years ago at my work dent my brand new prelude in the work parking lot with his door. i never confronted him but he got a real nice dent in the exact same location on the drivers door. it was a lot bigger than mine and it had a shoe print in it.
LOL.

Originally Posted by Joe Z
You got a picture of the guy taking a picture of your car... Then denying it..??!!

The door lines up, case closed..

~ Joe Z
Agreed. Good luck OP.

Quick Reply: Jerk denies giving me a fender ding while I was sitting in my car!