IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

F Sport Nuluxe Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-15, 10:44 AM
criticalgt
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

So somehow you are trying to tell me that there is a wrong way of sitting in the car and that will cause the piece to stretch. Everyone will sit differently and that is something Lexus needs to design around with durability in mind. This is like Apple telling their customers that they were holding their phones wrong that's why they were losing signal.

The last 4 cars I have owned had leather seats in them and I had them for over 4 years. None of them had experienced any abnormal wear from sitting...especially after only 6 months of ownership. 6 months!!!

Also, the way the seats are designed, they don't allow for mush slouching, do they?
Old 01-18-15, 01:07 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Criticalgt, I am with you, pal. I don't understand why some members almost always side with Lexus not matter what the issue is. I have this feeling that they are Toyota/Lexus advocates. Please we need a true owner review/feedback here. It is 100% obvious that it is a design flaw. The argument that somehow an owner did not sit properly, slouched etc is simply irrelevant when so many owners with NuLuxe seat have the identical crease on the same exact spot. It is not a coincidence.

NuLuxe Seat.JPG
Attached Thumbnails F Sport Nuluxe Problem-nuluxe-seat.jpg  
Old 01-18-15, 01:26 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

it was merely a suggestion and something to check. Theres plenty of people who dont have this stretched seating.
Old 01-18-15, 02:28 PM
criticalgt
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
it was merely a suggestion and something to check. Theres plenty of people who dont have this stretched seating.
I didn't mean to sound aggressive. Most people may consider that as normal wear. I don't. Not after 7 months/7000 miles on a 50000 car. It takes one person to bring it up for others to see. Mine is not as bad but actually it has been there since two months of owning the car.

Old 01-18-15, 04:20 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Lexus should have put another factory crease in that area. I think with this type of material and design the seat is destined to get a crease.
Old 01-18-15, 04:24 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
I appreciate your suggestion and appologize if my response sounded a bit too harsh. My whole point is on this forum members would gain a lot more if we leave unbaised and fact driven posts. That is all that I wanted to say.
Old 01-18-15, 04:48 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,542 Likes on 1,732 Posts

Interestingly enough, while browsing this video, I can see the interior shots shows the same symptoms...

Look at about 1:24.....

Old 01-18-15, 05:33 PM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

I have it on my driver's seat. Mine basically runs along where it looks like there should be another seam. I think an additional seam would have avoided this issue. It is strange how it's a sporadic issue. It doesn't seem like the size of the driver matters. (5'5 / 125 here) I brought this up to my dealer at my 10,000 mile service. Normal wear was the response I got.

Luckily for me, my seats are light gray so I don't even really notice it.

Old 01-18-15, 05:58 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by doodlebug
I have it on my driver's seat. Mine basically runs along where it looks like there should be another seam. I think an additional seam would have avoided this issue. It is strange how it's a sporadic issue. It doesn't seem like the size of the driver matters. (5'5 / 125 here) I brought this up to my dealer at my 10,000 mile service. Normal wear was the response I got.

Luckily for me, my seats are light gray so I don't even really notice it.

I would not accept this answer. Normal wear is when small crease here and there because you always use it. But this seems to have been appeared at very early stage, the crease is large and it happens to many owners at the exact same area. It is definitely NOT a wear tear thing going on. This is a design thing. And yes you are absolutely right - another seam from factory could prevent this issue from every happening.
Old 01-18-15, 11:35 PM
alpha12
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

14000 miles, 1 year of ownership looks same as day I bought it....6 foot 3 and 200 pounds
Old 01-19-15, 08:31 PM
gotink
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its doing that in my GS also 2014.
Old 01-19-15, 08:47 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gotink
Its doing that in my GS also 2014.
I am assuming your GS has genuine leather seats. It looks like this problem is common on NuLuxe material, not leather. But if leather gets that as well, then it sucks!
Old 01-31-15, 08:54 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Default Now this is a real problem with NuLuxe

I have noticed that the seam on the driver's side seat is worn out. The skin comes out and it seems it will tear apart soon. NOW I AM OFFICIALLY DECLARING THAT NULUXE SEATS SUCK!!! The worst thing is Lexus seems to like NuLuxe and keeps using them on high end cars, RCF for example. This material is inferior to high quality leather. Come on Lexus - don't be cheap!

I thought NuLuxe seats are more durable than leather and they retain the form better than leather but boy was I wrong. NuLuxe is a lot weaker than leather and it is pretty cheap material. I will definitely push Lexus to replace the seat upholstery.

The pix are attached.
Attached Thumbnails F Sport Nuluxe Problem-img_2192.jpg   F Sport Nuluxe Problem-img_2193.jpg  
Old 01-31-15, 09:15 PM
faisal11ir
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

35.000 km and the seats still new... you have to be careful of what you wear and how you enter/leave the car though.
Old 02-21-16, 09:53 PM
lexus_ls
Rookie

Has anyone taken it to the dealer for the dent in the Nuluxe?

Quick Reply: F Sport Nuluxe Problem