IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

F Sport Nuluxe Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-14, 03:10 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

i have my 6months service scheduled for this wednesday. the dealership scheduled me for that day because their lexus REP is coming in. I have the leather wrapping around my steering wheel coming out, and the car is not even 6 months old yet!! hopefully the rep will be able to realize this shouldnt be happening so early and will swap it out for a new one, aditionally i will bring up the crease on my seat as nuluxe shouldnt crease and give them some grief for that. might as well get my moneys worth :P i will let you guys know what is said and if it was resolved.
Old 05-06-14, 01:11 PM
Kimchiguy
Pit Crew

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts

Quick update - I dropped off my car this morning and received a call that they had the wrong part (apparently they neglected to note that it was an F-Sport seat). Now they ordered the proper part, but it's coming from Japan. Also had them check the output of the heat on the seat warmers (both driver & passenger) and received the same response that it was operating under normal parameters - they compared it to another Nuluxe F Sport model in their dealership.
Old 05-06-14, 01:39 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Kimchiguy
Quick update - I dropped off my car this morning and received a call that they had the wrong part (apparently they neglected to note that it was an F-Sport seat). Now they ordered the proper part, but it's coming from Japan. Also had them check the output of the heat on the seat warmers (both driver & passenger) and received the same response that it was operating under normal parameters - they compared it to another Nuluxe F Sport model in their dealership.
Your dealer is very generous. I got rejected to replace the seat, said it was normal.

Are they replacing the whole seat? My service guy said even if they agree to replace they will take off the Nuluxe skin and then install a new skin, no replacement of whole seat. Which seems laborious instead of replacing the whole thing.
Old 05-06-14, 01:51 PM
Kimchiguy
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by dojoman
Your dealer is very generous. I got rejected to replace the seat, said it was normal.

Are they replacing the whole seat? My service guy said even if they agree to replace they will take off the Nuluxe skin and then install a new skin, no replacement of whole seat. Which seems laborious instead of replacing the whole thing.
I think it's a part of the seat, but not the entire unit. I'm not sure how or where the separation is - but they said it was a specific part that they could order and install.
Old 05-30-14, 12:59 PM
Kimchiguy
Pit Crew

Just to close the loop on this issue - the part came in from Japan and I brought my car in to have the seat cover replaced. They did a great job and it looks perfect now!
Old 05-30-14, 03:55 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman

I's too bad your dealer has refused. Where's the Lexus service? Point them to this thread.

Just to close the loop on this issue - the part came in from Japan and I brought my car in to have the seat cover replaced. They did a great job and it looks perfect now!
Not surprised they fixed it. GTA Lexus dealers seem to be very accommodating not just from this post, but from others throughout CL, including my own experiences. My past 2IS had stitching that was slightly off on the rear of the front-seat passenger-side headrest and they replaced the entire headrest. Second, I had some scratches on my CT steering wheel and without fuss, they replaced the entire steering wheel! https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ct-...ing-wheel.html

Old 01-06-15, 11:59 AM
Kimchiguy
Pit Crew

Another update - it appears the 7 months later the problem has resurfaced, so to speak.
They replaced the seat cover and part of the cushion but it looks like the replacement part is having the same problem. My dealership is submitting to the head office for further direction - I'll update on progress.
Attached Thumbnails F Sport Nuluxe Problem-dsc_0109.jpg  
Old 01-06-15, 02:29 PM
Thunderwuf
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if this is only in 2014s. I guess most people with 2015s haven't had it long enough to know. Mine is 2 weeks old only. I'd better keep an eye on it. I was excited about Nuluxe because I don't like the high-maintenance aspect of real leathers.
Old 01-16-15, 07:18 PM
criticalgt
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I may have to adaddress this with Lexus as this is starting to appear on mine as well...
Old 01-17-15, 07:47 PM
Northevo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Without offending anyone....

Do you sit in properly then slide your butt and slouch?
Are you heavy?
Do you constantly adjust your position?

All these things can play a role in the material stretching which is what it looks like.
Old 01-17-15, 08:11 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

7500 miles, over a year, seat still looks like new for me. Are you sure the seats are adjusted perfectly so theres no fidgetting or slouching? It looks like slouching forward can stretch that part of the seat. In my car the knee adjustment is cranked up all the way up and the butt part is cranked all the way down for the lowest seating position so Im basically being cupped by the seat. My knees are higher than my butt so I couldnt slouch even if I wanted to. I dont see myself fidgetting around in my seat either.

Old 01-17-15, 08:35 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Had the car for 2 months, the seats look nothing like that yours.. it looks like you constantly slouch/move your rear while you drive, stretching the material. I just sit still.
Old 01-18-15, 01:33 AM
Kimchiguy
Pit Crew

Thanks for the brainstorming of ideas! I don't fidget, slouch, slide, re-adjust, wiggle, twist or twerk lol. I'm 5'6 and 130lbs so I wouldn't exactly consider myself heavyset.

I have yet to receive a response from the dealer but I'll patiently wait and see.
Old 01-18-15, 06:13 AM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mines look practically as new as the day I got it about a year and a half ago ! Then again I'm 5'4" and just 105 lbs
Old 01-18-15, 07:54 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by SexyElaine
Mines look practically as new as the day I got it about a year and a half ago ! Then again I'm 5'4" and just 105 lbs
We got our cars close to the same time and my seat too is looking great. Only small crease at the edge of the seat though.
Attached Thumbnails F Sport Nuluxe Problem-is_seat1.jpg  

Quick Reply: F Sport Nuluxe Problem