IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

F Sport Nuluxe Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-14, 07:27 PM
jennypenny
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Not as bad as you'd find in real leather. Nuluxe is holding up much better, I don't see small creases like this on the thigh area of the seat.

my real leather has this effect on the bolsters.

i think its all just wear and tear.

the only seats that wont show it are probably, fabric seats.
Old 04-14-14, 07:47 PM
kasarap
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jennypenny
my real leather has this effect on the bolsters.

i think its all just wear and tear.

the only seats that wont show it are probably, fabric seats.
i actually had creases in my 2006 civic with fabric seats. with leather its way more noticable though
Old 04-14-14, 08:11 PM
huudoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

must be pucker power, of the is 350 owner's.. is250 haven't done that yet 700 miles
might be a pleat in the foam..
Old 04-14-14, 09:42 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Kimchiguy
I'm 5'7, 130lbs and I never sit with my wallet in my back pocket, so I doubt that your crease is a result of how you sit! Based on the feedback so far, it appears to be a slight defect that is somewhat common.
hm interesting. I just thought the crease was there was because Im on the heavier side, 5'10" 195lbs. not fat though, just muscle mass ha!, but I will definitely be bringing it up to my dealer when I go in for my next service.
Old 04-14-14, 09:43 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

At 5k miles, I have same.
Old 04-15-14, 05:22 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the creases are there because its a design flaw and q&a didn't pick this up...i don't see why they didn't since lexus claims the IS was able to hit the 1 million mile challenge, though i doubt it was the same car!

the creases are of less bother to me than the actual bottom seat cushion. i have an *** like niki lauda so i'm able to feel the slightest uneveness. what i mean by that is it seams the back right seat cushion (near the belt buckle) is quite soft, and i've noticed it started dipping down, my technically my right butt cheek has. the left side is still quite sturdy, but the right side with its dip, is really bothering the heck out of me, i feel like i constantly have to move around the adjust for it. anyone feeling/experiencing this as well?
Old 04-15-14, 02:00 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
the creases are there because its a design flaw and q&a didn't pick this up...i don't see why they didn't since lexus claims the IS was able to hit the 1 million mile challenge, though i doubt it was the same car!
Not sure we can conclude this is a design flaw yet since we would see many more with this issue. It could be however a manufacturing issue affecting a specific batch. If complaints start trickling into the dealerships and a TSB comes out of it, we'll know then.

If the OP or anyone else wants to pursue this, open a poll to get empirical data and bring this to Lexus. I would also have forum members state their car's build date. In my case, my seat is perfect like new, built 07/13.
Attached Thumbnails F Sport Nuluxe Problem-2014-04-15-16.51.41.jpg  
Old 04-15-14, 02:25 PM
Kimchiguy
Pit Crew

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts

Well I'm at the dealership for my one month (1,600km) service, and the service manager took a few pics that will be submitted to Lexus Canada. I'll update when I receive a response.
Old 04-15-14, 02:58 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

I agree with AdvanSLF, it looks like it is a design flaw. It is definitely not a wear and tear. My seat developed this crease like in two three weeks after I purchased my vehicle (mid of Dec, 2013). Perhaps that part where the crease is pronounced is not properly reinforced with foam or whatever material that gives and holds the shape of the seat. There must be some sort of emptiness in that small area. It does not however bother me too much. I can live with it. The rest of the seat keeps its shape pretty damn well. My previous Audi leather seat would have gotten saggy by now and that would look ugly.

Last edited by salvadorik; 04-15-14 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-15-14, 03:29 PM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

If they would've placed another stitched seam on the seat bottom where the curved seam of the bolster meets the seat bottom it probably wouldn't happen

I have it on my seat and I'm only 118 lbs. I doubt I would've noticed it had it not been for this thread.

I'll bring it up at my 5,000 visit.
Old 04-15-14, 03:29 PM
Alius
Pole Position

I just checked mine, no crease at all and had the car since July 2013.
Old 04-16-14, 02:13 PM
denniseee
Driver School Candidate

Default Your center console

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Not sure we can conclude this is a design flaw yet since we would see many more with this issue. It could be however a manufacturing issue affecting a specific batch. If complaints start trickling into the dealerships and a TSB comes out of it, we'll know then.

If the OP or anyone else wants to pursue this, open a poll to get empirical data and bring this to Lexus. I would also have forum members state their car's build date. In my case, my seat is perfect like new, built 07/13.
Hi corrado... why does your center console look different? That looks like the perfect place to fit an iPhone!... which is something that I've been looking for...
Old 04-16-14, 02:23 PM
markb3
Driver

Originally Posted by denniseee

Hi corrado... why does your center console look different? That looks like the perfect place to fit an iPhone!... which is something that I've been looking for...
He doesn't have the navigation version, which comes with the mouse pad.
Old 04-16-14, 02:27 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Alius
I just checked mine, no crease at all and had the car since July 2013.
Same here, no crease, had car since December.
Old 04-16-14, 02:40 PM
Atticus44
Driver School Candidate

I have the exact same crease in my driver's seat too! Had the car since January

Quick Reply: F Sport Nuluxe Problem