IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Terrible accident ()

Old 04-10-14, 11:36 PM
tem
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Terrible accident ()

A bit of bad news. The accident claimed the lives of three people (two young girls and a guy in the back seat). The reason was a young guy who illegally drove at a speed of 80 + mph through the city. Mad driver and front passenger survived. Friends, always wear your seat belts and take care of yourself and loved ones!

just made this note for you remember about the safety!

And video ((

Old 04-10-14, 11:45 PM
Obscene14
Driver

Wow, that was an ugly crash.
Do all Russians have their phones out and ready to shoot footage at all times of the day and night? Seems like it. Seems like 90% of the spur of the moment vids on Youtube are posted by Russians.
Old 04-10-14, 11:58 PM
tem
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Obscene14
Wow, that was an ugly crash.
Do all Russians have their phones out and ready to shoot footage at all times of the day and night? Seems like it. Seems like 90% of the spur of the moment vids on Youtube are posted by Russians.
Yes, DVRs installed on many cars. It's cheap, and it's an easy way to prove innocence in the case of a traffic accident...Why not?)
Old 04-11-14, 12:04 AM
KongLau
Driver School Candidate

RIP omg this is horrible
Old 04-11-14, 12:35 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 152 Likes on 90 Posts

Only in Russia!
Well, at least the headlights still worked. Hard to find much else to say except very sad and survival of the fittest I guess.
Old 04-11-14, 01:21 AM
tem
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Only in Russia!
Well, at least the headlights still worked. Hard to find much else to say except very sad and survival of the fittest I guess.
Disagree) It is possible anywhere in the world. Just look at the "Arab" illegal drift ... Idiots are found everywhere... Yes...Very sad...
Old 04-11-14, 02:15 AM
Obscene14
Driver

Originally Posted by tem
Yes, DVRs installed on many cars. It's cheap, and it's an easy way to prove innocence in the case of a traffic accident...Why not?)

Except that the first half of that video was shot 10-15 feet off the ground possibly from a second story window not a dash cam. So the person jumped up to take the video when he/she heard the screeching tires. The second half was shot at ground level, possibly a dash cam.

Yes, I see dash cams are pretty popular around the world . It's starting to get popular in the U.S. recently.

Last edited by Obscene14; 04-11-14 at 02:22 AM.
Old 04-11-14, 02:32 AM
tem
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Obscene14
Except that the first half of that video was shot 10-15 feet off the ground possibly from a second story window not a dash cam. So the person jumped up to take the video when he/she heard the screeching tires. The second half was shot at ground level, possibly a dash cam.

Yes, I see dash cams are pretty popular around the world . It's starting to get popular in the U.S. recently.
Oh, I see what you mean. Really do not know where these pieces of video from. But this low camera doesn't move and it's fixed, I think it's DVR too
Old 04-11-14, 05:22 AM
felixlau
Pole Position

It's a terrible crash and a lost of 3 innocent lives ... Maybe we should not talk about cams & DVR ...
Can't describe how I feel after watching the 3 bodies being thrown out of the car like that
RIP and condolences to the family & friends
Old 04-11-14, 05:28 AM
fastdak25
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drivers in Russia are some of the worst in the world. Dash cams are found on just about everyone's car there due to this fact, so that drivers can prove innocence in accidents. Just search on youtube and watch the countless montages of Russian car accidents and see how they are the results of people like this (none graphic like this, but will give you an idea how bad driving in there).
Old 04-11-14, 06:19 AM
FSPORTJC
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The driver was a complete moron piece of shi*
Very terrible and not fair for the passengers.
Old 04-11-14, 06:57 AM
tem
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by fastdak25
Drivers in Russia are some of the worst in the world. Dash cams are found on just about everyone's car there due to this fact, so that drivers can prove innocence in accidents. Just search on youtube and watch the countless montages of Russian car accidents and see how they are the results of people like this (none graphic like this, but will give you an idea how bad driving in there).
Yes, driving culture is really quite low. I especially hate arrogant people who go to the sidelines to avoid traffic jams. But have you been in China, India, Thailand and other similar countries? The situation there is much worse...
Old 04-11-14, 06:58 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That was definitely going over 90 mph. It hit the pole at the rear side of the car so rear passengers would have had a huge force upon them. When your brain hits your skull its pretty much it for you. Ive seen many of the injuries people suffer from car accidents when doing A&E rounds. Trust me, they are not pretty!

Condolences to the friends and families of those who sadly passed away down to a selfish adrenaline junkie.
Old 04-11-14, 06:59 AM
tem
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by felixlau
It's a terrible crash and a lost of 3 innocent lives ... Maybe we should not talk about cams & DVR ...
Can't describe how I feel after watching the 3 bodies being thrown out of the car like that
RIP and condolences to the family & friends
You are 100 % right!
Old 04-11-14, 07:43 AM
Heard006
Driver School Candidate

This is an unfortunate but perfect reminder to always drive carefully. If you want to race, do it on the track.

And just think of the impact of the victim's family.

Safe driving should always be the priority

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Terrible accident ()