Delivery issue with my 2014 IS350 FSPORT

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-14, 07:37 AM
Bambam350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delivery issue with my 2014 IS350 FSPORT

Hi all,

This is my first time writing in any forum actually. I was hoping to get your opinion on something. I just picked up my is350 fsport yesterday. And before delivery I specified that i did not want drill holes in the grill as i was going to mount it on the side of the car. The GM of lexus downtown agreed it was done. However when I picked up the car I should have checked but in all the excitement I simply drove it home. I come home and find out there are drill holes in the front. Now what do you guys think I should do? I called the dealership and let the secretary know about my issue, she said shell let the GM know and call me back. Is there any way i can fill it in? I know its a minor issue but its really bothering me.

Thanks
Old 04-02-14, 07:48 AM
Lextacy03
Rookie

I would make them buy another grill and put it on. I walked away from one dealership that drill into the front before I even signed the papers.
Old 04-02-14, 08:10 AM
Aeromotive
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should definitely complain to the highest person possible about that. Was your request put on paper?
Old 04-02-14, 08:21 AM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have the request written somewhere and some kind of proof that they said they would make sure to not drill the holes, then I would show it to the highest person available at the dealership and ask them to take care of it right away. If they say they're going to do something, then they should take care of it.
Old 04-02-14, 08:23 AM
Bambam350
Driver School Candidate

I dont think it was put on paper because My brother had went in to sign the papers, however I called the general manager after that and specifically stated that I did not want drill holes in the front of the car. And I assumed since I had spoken to the top boss that it would be taken care of-_-. I love the car yet i am very annoyed as of right now. Do you guys think me not putting it on paper will screw me over?
Old 04-02-14, 08:33 AM
craigsager
Rookie

Are you talking about drilling holes onto the grill to mount the front license plate? I didn't know that had to be done. I'm taking delivery on mines pretty soon and the sales guy showed me the front license plate holder sitting in the trunk. He said most people don't want to put it in the front but didn't mention anything about drilling holes or asking if I wanted holes drilled.
Old 04-02-14, 08:35 AM
Bambam350
Driver School Candidate

yea to mount the plates on the front they need to drill holes, you can opt to mount it at the side for 400 dollars which is ridiculous. I was going to do it myself.
Old 04-02-14, 08:47 AM
Aeromotive
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OP, not having it written won't necessarily make you lose your case, but it would have certainly helped. On the other hand try to talk to the same person again, see if they remember. Insist, show them you're sure about what you said...
Old 04-02-14, 09:00 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The biggest mistake made was not checking the front at delivery.
Interesting to see what the dealer does now.
Old 04-02-14, 09:01 AM
WiLz
Driver

In my experience, Lexus is usually pretty good at resolving issues like this. Just be civil, polite, but firm in your communications with them, and they will generally try to work with you. If they deny that you told then not to drill holes and refuse to do anything, another angle is to talk to your salesperson and tell him you're disappointed by the experience, and will not be able to give them a positive review on the survey from Lexus. They seem to value those a lot, and will do anything to get you to give them a perfect score on the survey.

If nothing works, call Lexus Customer Satisfaction and see if they'll resolve the issue for you.

If this was my car, I would ask for a new grille, or ask them to take the grille off another new car on the lot and swap them. You might want to watch them do the work though, because dealerships aren't the most careful people with your car. And check afterwards to make sure they didn't scratch or damage the bumper, grille, or any parts around it.
Old 04-02-14, 09:17 AM
Bambam350
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys I appreciate all your advice. I spoke to the dealership and they were very accommodating. I received a call back within 2 hours and the person I spoke with informed me that they will swap my grill with a new car upon my second delivery date. Not once did they try denying it or getting out of it. This is my first time buying a lexus and i am very satisfied with the customer service. However, in the future i will make sure i have some sort of written document.

Thanks guys, And i will post pictures very soon in the Intro thread.
Old 04-02-14, 09:49 AM
craigsager
Rookie

When you say mount it on the side instead, what side are you specifically referring to? The front side bumper? I'm picturing it on your fender or door panel but I don't think that makes sense. lol.
Old 04-02-14, 10:08 AM
Bambam350
Driver School Candidate

craigsager, lol yea i mean the front bumper side, unfortunately in Ontario, Canada they like to make our cars look ugly by forcing us to install plates on the front. Since i havent mounted it on the side yet im going to drive around with no plates on the front until i get pulled Lol
Old 04-02-14, 11:10 AM
craigsager
Rookie

Originally Posted by Bambam350
craigsager, lol yea i mean the front bumper side, unfortunately in Ontario, Canada they like to make our cars look ugly by forcing us to install plates on the front. Since i havent mounted it on the side yet im going to drive around with no plates on the front until i get pulled Lol
thats what i'm doing. I believe in California, you get pulled over and given a fix-it ticket. As long as you put the plates on, you only have to pay a processing fee. If they catch you with it off again, then it's a big fine. I plan to chance it until I get the initial fix-it ticket. lol. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 04-02-14, 11:15 AM
scarboy693
Rookie

Originally Posted by craigsager
thats what i'm doing. I believe in California, you get pulled over and given a fix-it ticket. As long as you put the plates on, you only have to pay a processing fee. If they catch you with it off again, then it's a big fine. I plan to chance it until I get the initial fix-it ticket. lol. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I haven't run front plates on my cars in Socal for a while now and never got stopped for it.. Knock on Wood.. Tho CHP doesn't really say anything until they stop you for something else..

Quick Reply: Delivery issue with my 2014 IS350 FSPORT