IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Ultra White 3IS Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-14, 09:28 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
pano shot this am. greatest thing about working for my agency is it occupies the largest privately owned building in the area. #LoveTheParking!!!!!
I thought NSA employs more people than that???
Old 04-21-14, 11:06 AM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by felixlau
Nice shots ... sexy wheels...
I was thinking about the set of rims ... care to share the wheel & tyre sizes you got and also the ride, acceleration and handling benefits of such lightweight wheels ?
Thanks in advance...
19x8.5 ET 45 (wanted to go 35 but i have to wait 3 months, so just pulled the trigger and get ET45)
19x9.5 ET 42

Tire size are 235/35/19, 265/30/19

Acceleration is awesome as they are only 19.x lbs each wheel, ride quality is about the same with OEM tires but you do feel the acceleration is much much faster. I am planning to removing the spare tires to reduce the weight a bit more.
Old 04-21-14, 12:51 PM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
I thought NSA employs more people than that???
lol, if i told you, i would have to kill you.
Old 04-21-14, 05:02 PM
Slust
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks folks--both your cars are looking fine indeed.

also, i'm really jealous of you Slust for not having to put the hideous front license plate on. god i hate va rules...btw, what is your tint %?
Love the panorama, so jealous of your parking situation! I park in the FAR lot where only 2-3 others would park. Now it's become the popuar lot and I'm lucky to get a corner spot. So annoying. I might have to go back to the normal lot since these people are leaving that lot to come where I park.

Really do not miss VA's auto rules. Oddly enough the window sticker annoyed me the most when I used to live there. That said, with this car it would be the requirement of the front plate.

My window tint is 20%. Way too dark for VA. I got pulled over for 35% in VA and the cop passed two accidents to give me the ticket ...while I was on my to traffic court (sigh) to dispute a citation. I don't miss VA cops either lol.
Old 04-22-14, 02:55 AM
felixlau
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gpxluke
19x8.5 ET 45 (wanted to go 35 but i have to wait 3 months, so just pulled the trigger and get ET45)
19x9.5 ET 42

Tire size are 235/35/19, 265/30/19

Acceleration is awesome as they are only 19.x lbs each wheel, ride quality is about the same with OEM tires but you do feel the acceleration is much much faster. I am planning to removing the spare tires to reduce the weight a bit more.
Thanks for sharing your experience with these Forged Rays rims.
I am excited to know that acceleration has improved and I have never invested in lightweight forged rims.
Now is to decide between the black one you have and the "Prism" model below ...
(BTW, i removed the heavy spare tire the day I got my car )
Attached Thumbnails Ultra White 3IS Picture Thread-rayswh001378.jpg  
Old 04-22-14, 04:20 AM
DJ90
Driver

Originally Posted by gpxluke
Getting ready for the summer!!

are you on stock height? if not, what are you lowered on?
Old 04-22-14, 06:35 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Slust
Love the panorama, so jealous of your parking situation! I park in the FAR lot where only 2-3 others would park. Now it's become the popuar lot and I'm lucky to get a corner spot. So annoying. I might have to go back to the normal lot since these people are leaving that lot to come where I park.

Really do not miss VA's auto rules. Oddly enough the window sticker annoyed me the most when I used to live there. That said, with this car it would be the requirement of the front plate.

My window tint is 20%. Way too dark for VA. I got pulled over for 35% in VA and the cop passed two accidents to give me the ticket ...while I was on my to traffic court (sigh) to dispute a citation. I don't miss VA cops either lol.
a lot stinks about VA. the only good thing is theres a lot of places to eat and the diverse group of people. other than that, every *****ing blows nuts here! i hate the window sticker too! i don't know how long you were here but before we used to have both county and inspection stickers on the window! just horrible! at least they did away with one, now they just have to work on the other!

did you have 35% all around? or just the rear? i think VA allows 50% front, 35% rear. i still teetering back and forth about tint. i just don't think dark tint looks to nice on white cars. but then again i love the protection in provides. yes, i know theres clear tint out there, but still, it only blocks UV rays and other rays, but doesn't really block the brightness of the light coming through..or maybe i'm wrong? i dunno, i've never seen or expereinced clear tint, but thats just my assumption.

i was driving into DC this morning and saw a girl in a white AWD F sport. she had pretty good tint on her car, was gonna pull up next to her and ask what the % was lol but then again it was on the highway and i didn't want to cause a accident.
Old 04-22-14, 07:52 AM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

was gonna pull up next to her and ask what the % was lol but then again it was on the highway and i didn't want to cause a accident.
I just pictured myself doing this and I laughed pretty hard
Old 04-22-14, 10:07 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sternb818
I just pictured myself doing this and I laughed pretty hard
LOLOLLOLOLOL.. reading your response made me laugh pretty hard
Old 04-22-14, 10:20 AM
Crimson92
Driver School Candidate

Hi.

New here from M3post.

Here's my new F-Sport
Attached Thumbnails Ultra White 3IS Picture Thread-img_2032.jpg  
Old 04-22-14, 10:38 AM
Slust
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a lot stinks about VA. the only good thing is theres a lot of places to eat and the diverse group of people. other than that, every *****ing blows nuts here! i hate the window sticker too! i don't know how long you were here but before we used to have both county and inspection stickers on the window! just horrible! at least they did away with one, now they just have to work on the other!

did you have 35% all around? or just the rear? i think VA allows 50% front, 35% rear. i still teetering back and forth about tint. i just don't think dark tint looks to nice on white cars. but then again i love the protection in provides. yes, i know theres clear tint out there, but still, it only blocks UV rays and other rays, but doesn't really block the brightness of the light coming through..or maybe i'm wrong? i dunno, i've never seen or expereinced clear tint, but thats just my assumption.

i was driving into DC this morning and saw a girl in a white AWD F sport. she had pretty good tint on her car, was gonna pull up next to her and ask what the % was lol but then again it was on the highway and i didn't want to cause a accident.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts on VA too - both your good points and your bad ones. Was there from 2001 to 2005 so with 9/11 and the DC Sniper, not exactly great selling points on the area.

They changed something just as I got there. I think I needed two window stickers but I honestly cannot remember. I remember my first registration bill being stupid high - over $400. My tint was 35% all the way around (minus windshield) or 20%. Still made me wonder why a cop would pass TWO accidents just to give the kid with tint a ticket.

I personally love dark tint on a white car, but I love contrast.

Your scenario made me laugh the other way though because I could just see the girl getting her response ready for what she thinks is someone probably hitting on her and then going, "WAIT WHAT?!"

Originally Posted by Crimson92
Hi.

New here from M3post.

Here's my new F-Sport
Love your garage!!!
Old 04-22-14, 12:24 PM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ90
are you on stock height? if not, what are you lowered on?
Its just stock height with spare tires on lol
Old 04-22-14, 02:31 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Nice pic Crimson.. best of both worlds...
Old 04-22-14, 05:45 PM
crazych42
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I've got ceramic tint on my UW... and I'm in VA...50% front 35% rear. I wouldn't have it any other way. Pics of the car with tint are in this thread.
Old 04-22-14, 05:50 PM
crazych42
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Advan, here is a profile pic of the tint.
Attached Thumbnails Ultra White 3IS Picture Thread-p1020700.jpg  

Quick Reply: Ultra White 3IS Picture Thread