IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Would you buy you 3Is again ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-14, 06:54 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by phungy
I'd buy it in a heartbeat but in a different color, Nebula Gray.
i agree, would get it in silver
Old 03-20-14, 07:09 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Answering the OP's question, possibly.

I'd check out the RC 350 F-Sport in Ultra White/Rioja Red (gorgeous in this combo) first and if that would not pan out, I'd get a 350 F-Sport RWD this time around, probably USB again.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 03-20-14 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-20-14, 07:10 PM
jennypenny
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i would definitely, buy it again!

because comparing 3IS to :
BMW (which i think looks dated and the interior is probably the worst I've seen),
Audi (its just toooo boring and drives poor)
2015 C class (which i think looks sedate for my age, but the interior is pretty awesome).

yes, the 3IS has slow motion navigation, but i rarely use it.
the ride quality is amazing sitting on 18 inchers, it handles, its quiet, it handles
Old 03-20-14, 08:15 PM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I think he's referring to the dash coating fading and whatnot? If that's the case, it's the last thing that would make me consider another car. The most serious issue, to me, is the car becoming dull. Once that sets in, I start lusting after a new car. But this car has something about it. Take each thing and separate it only to find out they aren't at all special by themselves, but when put together, it's a solid and fun package. Coupled with some fun mods (wheels, coilovers, exhaust, intake, some exterior bits, etc) and it'll really come alive. This car still manages to impress me often. That's how I know it's a good choice. Not sure if i'd want to buy it out after the lease ends, but If I already were financing it, I'd be pretty content with it. My previous car stopped being impressive (335i) within 5 months and I just wanted to get rid of it for something new. The IS was it. On the other hand, the GS is a nice car, i've been eyeing them myself at the dealership every time I go there, but merely just for the exterior (fsport only). But I have to disagree on the quality differences. I've sat in a GS many times and there isn't a thing about it on the inside and out that's better quality, looks wise and to the touch. Same materials, maybe just more leather; same steering wheel quality, doors, seats, and so on. The new IS interior is as fresh as they get design-wise, the GS interior is classy but just too uninspired - a straight dash without any eye candy - way too mature/old for me. But if it's one of those things that just keeps on playing with your head, then you should probably trade yours for it. If you regret your decision a few years later, get another IS. But I don't think you will. GS is solid. The rear is straight up gorgeous, much better looking than the IS. Everything else is just as nice. If I had a family, a GS would be my pick for sure over the IS.
Old 03-20-14, 08:41 PM
spotxc
Pit Crew

Received 125 Likes on 37 Posts

Yep, I would. I test drove pretty much all the competition the other day just to have some fun and the only car I really liked other than mine is the s4(power and handling are awesome)and thats an extra 10k. I still think the IS is more to my liking in terms of the full package though. My roommate has the gs f-sport and the car is fantastic. It definitely is bigger however leg room in the back really isn't all that much more. It feels more spacious inside though and not so crammed, however I think they kind of designed the IS that way for a reason…like a drivers car, almost like a cockpit and more involving. However the dash layout/screen of the GS is awesome and if I wanted a little bigger of a car, that would for sure be my choice. I wish the IS got the screen like the GS, then it would be an easy no brainer
Old 03-20-14, 08:49 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To answer the op's question, never in the first year of a new model. And, if Lexus corporate continues to neglect customers (like me) who have tried living with their crappy nav/radio for half a year without so much as an acknowledgment, I'll never buy another Lexus product again.
Old 03-20-14, 11:44 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Answering the OP's question, possibly.

I'd check out the RC 350 F-Sport in Ultra White/Rioja Red (gorgeous in this combo) first and if that would not pan out, I'd get a 350 F-Sport RWD this time around, probably USB again.
Interior may be too closely similar to what the OP has now though
Old 03-21-14, 04:19 AM
sc00b
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love my IS i have had all 3 gens.
would deff buy again
Old 03-21-14, 04:20 AM
sc00b
Pole Position

Originally Posted by phungy
I'd buy it in a heartbeat but in a different color, Nebula Gray.
jealous of my color! Dr. Danger
Old 03-21-14, 07:09 AM
phungy
Driver

Originally Posted by sc00b
jealous of my color! Dr. Danger
Def mirin
Old 03-21-14, 08:48 AM
DJ90
Driver

currently have a white on black interior 250 f sport, and YES i would get the 3is again anytime anyday over any other car, but with the red interior if i were given the chance again.
Old 03-21-14, 08:59 AM
s4awd
Driver School Candidate

Yep. It ticks all the right boxes but it won't be my only car.
Old 03-21-14, 09:06 AM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

Absolutely It's been nothing but reliable with only a couple of oil changes needed and gas , the kick *** instruments that every passenger has drooled over and of course the sexxxy *** lines that often turns heads

Like I mentioned on another thread that I rarely ever see a 3IS not to mention a F Sport so even with the 3IS being out since last summer it's still a sight to behold IMHO
Old 03-21-14, 09:12 AM
Renaeis250
Rookie

I would but next time would purchase the 350. The 350 has a little bit more power.
Old 03-21-14, 09:15 AM
IS350S2K
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This is my first Lexus and won't be my last. If I had not bought the car, I would be waiting for the RC-F. I will trade my IS for the RC-F mid-cycle refresh.

Quick Reply: Would you buy you 3Is again ?