Search this Thread

Old 03-17-14, 11:39 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jump2man3
OP said car was new not used....
Originally Posted by TheShaddix
I think what he meant was that dealerships can still sell it as new if it's returned within 30 days. Shady, but who would know...Stores do that all the time with their products, so why can't dealerships. You, as a customer, always have the right to scrutinize your purchase and demand 100% brand new. From what I heard, if a car is over 40k, it cannot be returned. Might be bs, but I tried that with my 335i the next day when I traded my 2IS and they wouldn't take it, even for a fee.
^^ THIS!! Yeah i saw that but was it "NEW" with ZERO or <10 miles or new with 100 or so miles. That wasn't specified. Like I said, it could have been someones return after not liking the 250 already giving it a previous owner making it used!
Old 03-17-14, 11:58 AM
Lost808
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think what he meant was that dealerships can still sell it as new if it's returned within 30 days. Shady, but who would know...Stores do that all the time with their products, so why can't dealerships. You, as a customer, always have the right to scrutinize your purchase and demand 100% brand new. From what I heard, if a car is over 40k, it cannot be returned. Might be bs, but I tried that with my 335i the next day when I traded my 2IS and they wouldn't take it, even for a fee.
Originally Posted by NYKnick101
^^ THIS!! Yeah i saw that but was it "NEW" with ZERO or <10 miles or new with 100 or so miles. That wasn't specified. Like I said, it could have been someones return after not liking the 250 already giving it a previous owner making it used!
This actually happens a lot with dealers. Sometimes a dealer will let someone take the car home, even before the loan has been approved or secured. Then the loan get denied and they bring the car back. Since it was never titled, it is still considered a new car, but the dealers cannot hide the fact that it was actually used. It is called an unwind car...... On a loan, it is the same thing, however like you said, if the person does not like it, they can bring it back. It has to be disclosed sometime during the deal by law though.
Old 03-17-14, 06:52 PM
LexusFsprt
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lost808
This actually happens a lot with dealers. Sometimes a dealer will let someone take the car home, even before the loan has been approved or secured. Then the loan get denied and they bring the car back. Since it was never titled, it is still considered a new car, but the dealers cannot hide the fact that it was actually used. It is called an unwind car...... On a loan, it is the same thing, however like you said, if the person does not like it, they can bring it back. It has to be disclosed sometime during the deal by law though.
Interesting. So now I'm thinking my dealer sold me a test driven car because it had 33 miles on the ODO when I picked it up.... or it was returned...
Old 03-17-14, 07:30 PM
bradtopp
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buyer of "carbon fiber roof." I'm sorry if I offend you by saying this but as a consumer you need to be more educated about what it means to buy a car and accessories. Yes, it is difficult and it means you may need to walk away from your "dream" car instead of buying it. I promise you will find another one and it won't be the end of the world.

Dealerships have one thing on their mind and it is to make as much money as possible. Some go about it with a good deal of integrity and others do not. Always assume they have zero integrity. Your guard must be up the entire time and you must always realize they want as much of your money as possible. I know nothing about carbon fiber roofs. However, the moment the salesman told me the car had a carbon fiber roof my internal alarm would have gone off because I would have gone through every single option in the brochure and the website many times over prior to even visiting the dealership. I would have played 100 questions with the salesman. This is what you must do, unfortunately, to protect yourself.

I have no way of knowing exactly what the dealership said to you and if you misunderstood, etc. Obviously, you didn't get any details about the roof, yet, you signed on the dotted line. Feel free to complain about it. That is your right in this country. I hope you take this as the friendly reality check that you might need to become more responsible and aware of what you are getting yourself into in the future.

Enjoy your IS and move on as there are much more important things to worry about in life.

Old 03-18-14, 05:54 PM
CharlieVo
Driver School Candidate

wow you got ripped off, carbon di-noc vinyl $600 bucks lmao. I bet on it. By law you can't have a CF roof without roll bar or cage.

Last edited by CharlieVo; 03-18-14 at 05:58 PM.
Old 03-18-14, 06:28 PM
J-Velocity
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its NOT a true carbon fiber roof non it's an option offer by Lexus/Toyota.
Its vinyl wrap as many have said.
Lexus/Toyota never offer this options on a IS.

FYI, a local stealership sold a IS350 equipped with TRD kit (7000 installed option VS 3000 from Nigel JDM). Even the sales reps were surprised they can sold that car.
They just love customers like these.
Old 03-19-14, 10:26 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CharlieVo
wow you got ripped off, carbon di-noc vinyl $600 bucks lmao. I bet on it. By law you can't have a CF roof without roll bar or cage.
Uhm I don't believe ur totally correct as the M3 comes with a carbon fiber roof without cage/bar.
And we aren't here to bash OP or make him feel any worse why not keep the pointless comments out and just give him information that can possibly help him...
Old 03-19-14, 11:11 AM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

it doesn't help that OP isn't really posting any pics...Either he got offended, embarrassed, irritated, or all of the above. But the only way to know for sure is to see that "overlay" upclose and at the edges.
Old 03-19-14, 11:26 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

it doesn't help that OP isn't really posting any pics...Either he got offended, embarrassed, irritated, or all of the above. But the only way to know for sure is to see that "overlay" upclose and at the edges.
Yea I noticed. Prolly because like u said. But he did get mad about everyone claiming it was overlay. I mean truth is it is overlay, we dont need to see an upclose pic. My good friend is a master tec. and jm lexus and I spoke to a few guys at JM no one has ever heard of it. I just didnt think what ^ said was fair, no reason to rub in a persons face that they got taken advantage of at the dealership...
Old 03-19-14, 11:41 AM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah but if that happened to me, these comments would just encourage me to go and get my money back instead of defending the overlay and saying it's real and we are all wrong. I would make a big deal out of it at the dealership so at least someone is accountable. I remember I paid for some extra package from lexus (total care or something) that supposedly would take care of any dings and rockchips on your car. One time they fixed one of such dings/chips and it was awful, no clearcoat, just a pen touchup. I was furious, wrote to them and got my refund in full even when they were so hesitant at first. And btw, another reason it's an overlay is because they'd never have a sunroof on a real cf roof...That goes against logic to add weight with heavy glass and then try to reduce it with cf.
Old 03-19-14, 11:46 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

It's Matte 3M Di-Noc.. I've had it on my F since 2010..

Here is another car with it..

~ Joe Z
Old 03-19-14, 11:54 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah but if that happened to me, these comments would just encourage me to go and get my money back instead of defending the overlay and saying it's real and we are all wrong. I would make a big deal out of it at the dealership so at least someone is accountable. I remember I paid for some extra package from lexus (total care or something) that supposedly would take care of any dings and rockchips on your car. One time they fixed one of such dings/chips and it was awful, no clearcoat, just a pen touchup. I was furious, wrote to them and got my refund in full even when they were so hesitant at first. And btw, another reason it's an overlay is because they'd never have a sunroof on a real cf roof...That goes against logic to add weight with heavy glass and then try to reduce it with cf.
Yea but everyone's different. U might do that, he might just be as he may about the situation. It is what it is. Hopefully he will get it figured out. Unless like someone before said he may be trolling.
Old 03-19-14, 01:20 PM
FSPORTJC
Pole Position

Arrow

Originally Posted by RastaRacer
and this is a prime example of why they call them stealerships.
Preach.

I don't think OP would have wasted his time to be Trolling.
Old 03-19-14, 01:23 PM
FSPORTJC
Pole Position

OP your car does look great with the carbon roof wrap.. Can you post more pictures of your car outside.. I may wrap my 3iS Ultra White FSport with carbon or gloss black.