IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Can you help me solve a mystery?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-14, 03:45 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by John510
I just find a big spot. No point in parking 10 miles away when you can get a ding anywhere. If people see you are purposely trying to avoid dings they will be asses and ding it.
I know you're right but man it's hard to do.
Old 02-25-14, 05:37 PM
Corleone91
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's interesting but I picked up my IS just yesterday and on my drive to work today I saw at least three rock haulers. At work I park as far away from everyone as possible and yet I still find a large old SUV parked very closely and I start checking for door dings (luckily none). It's like my car has a magnetic attraction.
Old 02-25-14, 06:01 PM
sunnyx213
Driver School Candidate

This happened Saturday at 8:00 a.m. I was at Von's Market and I went in for only about 4min to pick up my coffee. I come back out and see this. I live in Los Angeles so of course whoever hit me just left. There were NO cars around me when I parked... Theres nothing I can do except have my insurance handle it.
Attached Thumbnails Can you help me solve a mystery?-securedownload.jpg  

Last edited by sunnyx213; 02-25-14 at 06:07 PM.
Old 02-25-14, 06:36 PM
gvan1998
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

DAm, I feel your pain
Old 02-25-14, 08:04 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sunnyx213
This happened Saturday at 8:00 a.m. I was at Von's Market and I went in for only about 4min to pick up my coffee. I come back out and see this. I live in Los Angeles so of course whoever hit me just left. There were NO cars around me when I parked... Theres nothing I can do except have my insurance handle it.
No cameras near by that recorded this? It looks like someone backed into it and it probably wasn't a SUV or Truck but a car.

Good luck!
Old 02-26-14, 05:04 AM
Lextacy03
Rookie

Mine was hit on Sunday, I parked all the way in the back at the golf course and after the round this is what I find. Not as bad as Sunny but still pisses you off. Only have 1300 miles on it too.
Attached Thumbnails Can you help me solve a mystery?-car.jpg  
Old 02-26-14, 06:01 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

damn sunny and lextacy. What the hell. I feel bad for you. What a drag.
Old 02-26-14, 06:07 AM
FSPORTJC
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow such BS.
Old 02-26-14, 02:14 PM
sunnyx213
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SonyHome
No cameras near by that recorded this? It looks like someone backed into it and it probably wasn't a SUV or Truck but a car.

Good luck!
No camera what so ever~~ bummer

Originally Posted by Lextacy03
Mine was hit on Sunday, I parked all the way in the back at the golf course and after the round this is what I find. Not as bad as Sunny but still pisses you off. Only have 1300 miles on it too.
man.. that still sucks! I'm also barely 1300....
Old 02-27-14, 08:52 AM
Vairox
Pit Crew

Most people who say they park way far away actually really only park 10 or 15 spots out, why? because they are lazy which is the exact reason why if you actually did park way far out no one is going to park next to you because they are lazy and don't want to walk. I park waaaay far out and have never seen another car next to me, people are lazy use it to your advantage.
Old 04-10-14, 05:34 PM
Aeromotive
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate bumping old threads but this was too much to resist. I don't drive a 3IS yet but this happened to me this week. I drive the Civic. This is an almost empty underground parking at my local grocery store and I parked at the very end, between a concrete pillar (left) and a concrete wall (right). You can clearly see on the first 2 pics I was parked in the MIDDLE of the two spots, on the yellow line. Honestly I think it was done on purpose. I can't believe someone could be dumb like this.

Last edited by Aeromotive; 04-10-14 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-10-14, 06:40 PM
kasarap
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SonyHome
You are too funny Glashub.

Below is picture of my car couple weeks after I purchased it. I intentionally parked very far away from my building (you can't see it in this picture but it's further to the upper left of the building you see) to stay away from everyone but when I came out during lunch there were two other cars parked right next to me even though there are all these open spaces closer to their building. This is in freezing weather too.

Your post reminded me of this, which I did take a picture because I thought it was somewhat funny someone would do that.
did you just wash your car before that pic? if not to keeping it clean in that weather
Old 04-10-14, 08:34 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kasarap
did you just wash your car before that pic? if not to keeping it clean in that weather
Been washing it weekly using ONR but it's very hard to keep the car clean here in MN.
Old 04-10-14, 10:11 PM
IronPyrite
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VGer
Flashback to the 90's:

Not sure if I'd want strobe lights going off if someone is parking too close to my car.
Back in the early 90's, a guy drove a flashy pickup truck at the college I used to go to, and had one of those nice talking Viper alarms. And every day, I would walk out of my way to set the alarm off, because as a young male it was entertaining to laugh off idle threats. And setting the alarm off was my immature (yet harmless way of) taunting back the owner.

So if you grow up in a neighborhood, and there's this one old guy who says "Get off my lawn!", whose lawn do you walk over? To people who drive old beater cars, the person who drives a nice car and parks in the back 40 of the parking lot in **** retentive fashion (guilty as charged), is the same thing as the old guy who chases kids off his lawn. Kids never grow up, they just get older and take on responsibilities...and hopefully offset some of that innate childishness with wisdom and life experience.
Old 04-10-14, 10:11 PM
FuYun
Rookie

Just wait until you drive something more expensive. The less you care the less likely it will get dented.

Quick Reply: Can you help me solve a mystery?