Vossen CVT or Niche Invert......

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-14, 11:17 AM
FSPORTJC
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by larry13
Agreed. i love my cvt's. i will love my vps as well :-)
I can't imagine how sick it would be to see a Obsidian black 3iS FSport on the gold CVT as pictured on the Audi R8... #4TheWin
larry13
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Diego@Vossen
We actually debuted our CVT design at Automechanica in Frankfurt Fall 2012. The other wheel debuted in January 2013. Clear differences in the design. This Vossen Precision Series design was what inspired us to release a low-pressure cast version.
15 spoke for me please:-)
larry13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FSPORTJC
I can't imagine how sick it would be to see a Obsidian black 3iS FSport on the gold CVT as pictured on the Audi R8... #4TheWin
that would look great for sure.
Old 02-24-14, 11:18 AM
FSPORTJC
Pole Position

Arrow

Originally Posted by Diego@Vossen
We actually debuted our CVT design at Automechanica in Frankfurt Fall 2012. The other wheel debuted in January 2013. Clear differences in the design. This Vossen Precision Series design was what inspired us to release a low-pressure cast version.

That split 5 spoke VPS doe.. last wheel on first row.
Old 02-24-14, 11:35 AM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

VPS = PERFECTION forged by the Gods themselves
Old 02-24-14, 12:08 PM
cubu
Rookie

well, all i have to say is that good wheels speak for themselves. Don't see Rays, HRE, BBS, Advan etc reps all over every board making excuses, defending, and pushing their products... maybe because they are busy doing what they do best, making wheels. I guess you can say that those companies aren't in the same league as vossin since they don't make 1 million dollar wheels, but then again how many 'real' race cars out there are rocking vossin's?
Old 02-24-14, 12:35 PM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cubu
well, all i have to say is that good wheels speak for themselves. Don't see Rays, HRE, BBS, Advan etc reps all over every board making excuses, defending, and pushing their products... maybe because they are busy doing what they do best, making wheels. I guess you can say that those companies aren't in the same league as vossin since they don't make 1 million dollar wheels, but then again how many 'real' race cars out there are rocking vossin's?
Go and join a high end vehicle related forum and you will see those "said" companies reps promoting there wheels. I personally and not a rep or work for Vossen. I haven't seen a single rep from Vossen here making excuses as you claim. Why not spend some more time on the forums then 18 or 19 posts and see that Vossen wheels and other brands appeal to 3IS owners as well as others because of the great quality and costs and reputation of the company. It's pretty sad to see you bashing a company you know nothing about. Once more google HRE wheels cracked, BBS wheels cracked and so forth. If you have 6-8k to spend on wheels then please go and purchase some. Even though most if not all of us drive a 40k car we are still cost conscious. Sadly we live in a world where spending $$$ on a wheel just isn't for your everyday average joe. We all work for what we own. So to each there own and they can purchase what they please. Just don't come onto a forum to focus your bashing toward a wheel company no one likes that.
Old 02-24-14, 12:52 PM
FSPORTJC
Pole Position

Arrow

Originally Posted by Stitch626
Go and join a high end vehicle related forum and you will see those "said" companies reps promoting there wheels. I personally and not a rep or work for Vossen. I haven't seen a single rep from Vossen here making excuses as you claim. Why not spend some more time on the forums then 18 or 19 posts and see that Vossen wheels and other brands appeal to 3IS owners as well as others because of the great quality and costs and reputation of the company. It's pretty sad to see you bashing a company you know nothing about. Once more google HRE wheels cracked, BBS wheels cracked and so forth. If you have 6-8k to spend on wheels then please go and purchase some. Even though most if not all of us drive a 40k car we are still cost conscious. Sadly we live in a world where spending $$$ on a wheel just isn't for your everyday average joe. We all work for what we own. So to each there own and they can purchase what they please. Just don't come onto a forum to focus your bashing toward a wheel company no one likes that.
I couldn't agree more with Stitch.. Its simple. Vossen has such a strong marketing team which empowers the hype in the car enthusiast world and certainly pushes their name more than any other in the wheel industry.. however the ones who truly make the brand grow are its customers and supports such as yourself. Club Lexus is a huge Vossen community.. and for one to bash.. well they certainly are standing alone in this forum. "To each their own. Love what you work hard for."
Old 02-24-14, 12:53 PM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you...well said
Old 02-24-14, 12:54 PM
FSPORTJC
Pole Position

Arrow

Originally Posted by Stitch626
Thank you...well said
BTW.. Next Lexus Boys gathering.. we meeting lol.
Old 02-24-14, 01:06 PM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FSPORTJC
BTW.. Next Lexus Boys gathering.. we meeting lol.
Sounds good and looking forward to it!
Old 02-24-14, 01:31 PM
cubu
Rookie

i have nothing personal against vossen. i am on these forums to take and share information. if a fellow forum member asks a question, i will tell it like how i see it. I admit that i am not up on Vossen as of late, but I am very aware of this company when they first hit the market. im not going to go dig up the past

yes, i am aware that no wheel is invincible, but a good wheel will bend to various degrees before cracking, something that i have witnessed with my own wheels and plenty of others. the quality and prices just don't line up for this brand imho.

I don't mean to offend anyone. I'm just not one to settle for 2k wheels, when in my heart i want those nice 3.5k wheels. I will wait till i can afford what i want. Also i would not put on heavier or weaker wheels just for looks. I don't throw money around like its free, but we all drive lexus' because we like the nicer, finer things in life, yes? or we could've just bought the toyota counterpart

what safety standards do these wheels meet?
Old 02-25-14, 09:53 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

love the finish of the T73
Old 02-25-14, 10:17 AM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

I carry both Vossen wheels and Niche wheels.

Master platinum dealer.

The best way to decide is what your budget is really

the Niche Invert wheel is a great wheel light weight ( but has its draw backs its pricey)

the Vossen CVT wheel is amazing as well and has oen of the best warranties I have ever seen or known of.

Vossen really stands behind their products.

Other big factor is the design

the Vossen CVT has a tri cut style spoke and the face of the wheel is not as large as the Niche wheel.

The Niche Invert has thinner spokes with a few more degrees in the angle of the way the spokes are placed.

also the face of the wheel itself ( the center) is also twisted in the same motion to provide a more indepth motion like look to the wheel.

As for the VPS line ( its going to be insane !!!! trust me on that )

My buddy Jorge ( some might know him because of his blue accord coupe on dual concave CV3 wheels and then alot of other Vossen wheels)

well I saw his CTS-V sedan ( wide body) on VPS wheels at Sema

it was so amazing

the cuts of the wheel the details the machining the finish

total win for the VPS in my opinion
Old 02-25-14, 10:48 AM
FSPORTJC
Pole Position

Arrow

Originally Posted by Need4Speed
I carry both Vossen wheels and Niche wheels.

Master platinum dealer.

The best way to decide is what your budget is really

the Niche Invert wheel is a great wheel light weight ( but has its draw backs its pricey)

the Vossen CVT wheel is amazing as well and has oen of the best warranties I have ever seen or known of.

Vossen really stands behind their products.

Other big factor is the design

the Vossen CVT has a tri cut style spoke and the face of the wheel is not as large as the Niche wheel.

The Niche Invert has thinner spokes with a few more degrees in the angle of the way the spokes are placed.

also the face of the wheel itself ( the center) is also twisted in the same motion to provide a more indepth motion like look to the wheel.

As for the VPS line ( its going to be insane !!!! trust me on that )

My buddy Jorge ( some might know him because of his blue accord coupe on dual concave CV3 wheels and then alot of other Vossen wheels)

well I saw his CTS-V sedan ( wide body) on VPS wheels at Sema

it was so amazing

the cuts of the wheel the details the machining the finish

total win for the VPS in my opinion

Could not have explained it any better.

Quick Reply: Vossen CVT or Niche Invert......