Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lexus is250 lease deal

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-14, 07:26 PM   #1
shivam
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: wa
Posts: 48
Default Lexus is250 lease deal

I went in today to look at a is250 and my dealership had the exact package color I wanted. But I'm a little skeptical on leasing the car because I have never leased before.

The salesman came back with the deal. The car was 44,500$. The lease was for a 36month 10k miles and the residual was around 27000k he said with 1500$ down I would be looking at 610$ after taxes.

I told him I need it with 0$ down and under 600 after taxes and he said he could do it if I bought the car today. I was hesitant. I'm gonna go to another dealership tommorow, what should I expect in terms of paying monthly for a Lexus is250 with f sport. Please if you guys can help.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
shivam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-14, 07:40 PM   #2
corradoMR2
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
corradoMR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 3,965
Default

That's high. I've seen in the ~$400 range plus taxes for CL members who posted in this forum. Here's one example.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-t...-question.html

Search the forum for more. Good luck
__________________

___________________________________________________________________________
2014 IS250 AWD F-Sport, 2013 RX350 F-Sport, On Order: 2015 NX200t F-Sport
IS Build Thread: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/buil...ng-thread.html
Previous: 2011 CT, 2008 IS AWD, 2007 RXh, 2004 RX
corradoMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-14, 07:49 PM   #3
toyotatom
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 244
Default

Is the $44,500 the list price or what you negotiated for the car? Either way it looks like your RV is around 60% of MSRP which is really low. It should be around 65% for a 36 month lease. What a 65% RV does is lower your payment around $53.00 a month based on the information you gave us. You need to find out the money factor also which is the other main part of the lease. The lower the MF the better, but it is based on your credit rating also. That $610.00 seems pretty high versus what some have gotten here. Leases are coming in real cheap in CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivam View Post
I went in today to look at a is250 and my dealership had the exact package color I wanted. But I'm a little skeptical on leasing the car because I have never leased before.

The salesman came back with the deal. The car was 44,500$. The lease was for a 36month 10k miles and the residual was around 27000k he said with 1500$ down I would be looking at 610$ after taxes.

I told him I need it with 0$ down and under 600 after taxes and he said he could do it if I bought the car today. I was hesitant. I'm gonna go to another dealership tommorow, what should I expect in terms of paying monthly for a Lexus is250 with f sport. Please if you guys can help.
toyotatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-14, 07:49 PM   #4
shivam
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: wa
Posts: 48
Default

Thanks for the link, I'm just so confused on how to get a good deal on a lease. I see all these people posting deals where they are paying around 400$. It's just so hard to negotiate because I don't know much about leasing vac use this is my first one. But everyone on this forum has been giving great information.
shivam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-14, 07:55 PM   #5
shivam
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: wa
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotatom View Post
Is the $44,500 the list price or what you negotiated for the car? Either way it looks like your RV is around 60% of MSRP which is really low. It should be around 65% for a 36 month lease. What a 65% RV does is lower your payment around $53.00 a month based on the information you gave us. You need to find out the money factor also which is the other main part of the lease. The lower the MF the better, but it is based on your credit rating also. That $610.00 seems pretty high versus what some have gotten here. Leases are coming in real cheap in CA.
I think I messed up by telling the guy I've never leased before. When I asked about the residual value he just swicthed the topic to the down payment saying I can put 0 down and keep the payment around 550$ before taxes. The 44k was the listed price. I asked him if he would negotiate that but he told me putting 0$ down is taking 2k off the listed price. I think I should be a little more prepared next time I go to the other dealership so I know what number I should be looking for.
shivam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-14, 07:59 PM   #6
toyotatom
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 244
Default

Leases can be confusing until you understand how they work. Remember you negotiate the price of a car even for a lease, every $1,000 you get off MSRP is worth like $27.00 off on a 36 month lease. If there aren't too many dealers around where you live, it will not be easy to get much off Im afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivam View Post
Thanks for the link, I'm just so confused on how to get a good deal on a lease. I see all these people posting deals where they are paying around 400$. It's just so hard to negotiate because I don't know much about leasing vac use this is my first one. But everyone on this forum has been giving great information.
toyotatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-14, 08:32 PM   #7
shivam
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: wa
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotatom View Post
Leases can be confusing until you understand how they work. Remember you negotiate the price of a car even for a lease, every $1,000 you get off MSRP is worth like $27.00 off on a 36 month lease. If there aren't too many dealers around where you live, it will not be easy to get much off Im afraid.

I'm so used to buying used cars I don't know how much room usually dealers have on a new car. For a 44k car would marking down 3k off the price tag be reasonable. I just feel like the sales guy took advantage of me today so I'm hesitant towards leasing but I have three Lexus dealerships around me.
shivam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-14, 08:36 PM   #8
corradoMR2
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
corradoMR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 3,965
Default

I think toyotatom gave you the best advice and metrics for you to crunch some numbers. My gut tells me no more than $500 + tax with 0 down would be a nice target IMO. Good luck.
__________________

___________________________________________________________________________
2014 IS250 AWD F-Sport, 2013 RX350 F-Sport, On Order: 2015 NX200t F-Sport
IS Build Thread: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/buil...ng-thread.html
Previous: 2011 CT, 2008 IS AWD, 2007 RXh, 2004 RX
corradoMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-14, 08:37 PM   #9
toyotatom
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 244
Default

You have every right to know what the RV is and the MF (money factor) when leasing. They should be able to hand you a quote sheet which should show what they are discounting to reach the 2 grand off they are giving you, the sheet will have the RV % and the actual buyout price and it should show you the MF. MF is like a loan on the car for the duration of the lease. For example an MF of .002 is = to a 4.8 % loan. What you do is multiply the MF by 2400 to get the % equivalent of the MF. Good luck



Quote:
Originally Posted by shivam View Post
I think I messed up by telling the guy I've never leased before. When I asked about the residual value he just swicthed the topic to the down payment saying I can put 0 down and keep the payment around 550$ before taxes. The 44k was the listed price. I asked him if he would negotiate that but he told me putting 0$ down is taking 2k off the listed price. I think I should be a little more prepared next time I go to the other dealership so I know what number I should be looking for.
toyotatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-14, 08:45 PM   #10
toyotatom
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 244
Default

Go to all three and see what you can get between them for a deal. The one with the most cars will probably give you the best deal. At least you have some knowledge of what to look for now when sitting down with them. Keep us informed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivam View Post
I'm so used to buying used cars I don't know how much room usually dealers have on a new car. For a 44k car would marking down 3k off the price tag be reasonable. I just feel like the sales guy took advantage of me today so I'm hesitant towards leasing but I have three Lexus dealerships around me.
toyotatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-14, 09:19 PM   #11
redlined2
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
redlined2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivam View Post
I'm so used to buying used cars I don't know how much room usually dealers have on a new car. For a 44k car would marking down 3k off the price tag be reasonable. I just feel like the sales guy took advantage of me today so I'm hesitant towards leasing but I have three Lexus dealerships around me.
I don't know if I would actually go to the dealerships. You may want to try this. Fax them a printed excel sheet with your numbers listed. Tell them to give you a call if they can make the deal and you will come in and sign.

***Also, don't fax or deal with a dumb salesman, they **** me off. Send your offer directly to the sales manager (ultimately he makes the decisions anyway). Also, don't deal in monthly payments, that is the wrong way to lease...tell them you want them to match your HARD numbers below and you don't care about the monthly payment (I mean you do, but they can manipulate monthly values but can't manipulate the hard numbers).

MSRP: 44,500
Offer: 40,000 (includes all dealer fees and doc fee in excess of $60) **note you can try to work them down even more if you want**
Money Factor: 0.001
Acquisition fee: 700
Residual: 65% (on 36months/10k per year)

So your pretax amount with nothing down is: $396.71 (just multiply this by 1.whatever your tax rate is to get your taxed monthly rate with no money down)

Pay registration fees upfront and doc fees of $60 and below
redlined2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-14, 09:20 PM   #12
shivam
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: wa
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotatom View Post
Go to all three and see what you can get between them for a deal. The one with the most cars will probably give you the best deal. At least you have some knowledge of what to look for now when sitting down with them. Keep us informed

Thank you for the help, and I'm going to the other dealerships tomorrow, hopefully I can get the car by the end of next week. I sat in the 3 series, the cla and the c class. And none of them impressed me as much as the is. I'm gonna do my research like you suggested, I'll keep you posted.
shivam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-14, 09:25 PM   #13
Lost808
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Lost808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: California
Posts: 204
Default

Download this app to your phone: iLeaseCarPro and use it to figure out the lease payments based on the #s they give you. That way you can see if they are trying to add stuff into it without you knowing. Also, go in with a configured price printout from True Car. They will honor that price almost guaranteed. I used both of those and still got it lower than True Car. Good luck!!!! Oh, and do not tell them you want to lease until after you have negotiated a sale price of the car. Use that to figure out your lease price and if it works for you, tell them you want to lease.
Lost808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-14, 09:56 PM   #14
shivam
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: wa
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlined2 View Post
I don't know if I would actually go to the dealerships. You may want to try this. Fax them a printed excel sheet with your numbers listed. Tell them to give you a call if they can make the deal and you will come in and sign.

***Also, don't fax or deal with a dumb salesman, they **** me off. Send your offer directly to the sales manager (ultimately he makes the decisions anyway). Also, don't deal in monthly payments, that is the wrong way to lease...tell them you want them to match your HARD numbers below and you don't care about the monthly payment (I mean you do, but they can manipulate monthly values but can't manipulate the hard numbers).

MSRP: 44,500
Offer: 40,000 (includes all dealer fees and doc fee in excess of $60) **note you can try to work them down even more if you want**
Money Factor: 0.001
Acquisition fee: 700
Residual: 65% (on 36months/10k per year)

So your pretax amount with nothing down is: $396.71 (just multiply this by 1.whatever your tax rate is to get your taxed monthly rate with no money down)

Pay registration fees upfront and doc fees of $60 and below

Thank you for the numbers just a couple questions, the residual factor for my deal was around 60%, is this negotiable. And how do I calculate the money factor?
shivam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-14, 10:16 PM   #15
scarboy693
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: CA
Posts: 69
scarboy6693
Default

I just used true car to submit a quote for mine.. I ended up getting my car for $2500 down and $450 including taxes a month for a 48K IS350 F Sport. 10K per year and 27 months. $0 Down would've been $580
scarboy693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-14, 10:16 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
leasing weisz Car Chat 4 08-10-14 05:11 PM
first time leasing.... help me!! g34343greg IS - Third Generation 17 03-10-14 06:48 PM
Is this a good deal [Lease] bill123 IS - Third Generation 5 03-10-14 06:38 PM
Scammed by Tri-County Lexus - Little Falls, NJ mikeyboy Car Chat 16 02-08-07 06:53 AM


Tags
250, 450, actual, area, bay, clublexus, deals, forum, is250, lease, lexus, month, specials, sport, terms

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:39 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info