IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Remote start for navi vehicles !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-14, 08:08 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by afdavey
Good point - but as I have often bought from Sewell let me say that there website is not always accurate.

Like the BBK for the 2014 IS350 - it says the rear BBK will fit and "were tested to fit" - wrong!. Ask me how I know?
This is obviously an error, as others who want the remote start kit would be all over this forum site citing a successful install.

Like the saying goes - "believe 50% what you read, 50% what you hear, and 100% what you see."
I don't intend to buy this since I'm waiting for something I can use through my phone.

But if this is a mistake it seems strange that they would indicate it's for navigation only, unless they are purposely trying to mislead.
Old 02-24-14, 11:12 AM
RedVelLex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Issue with the remote start for nav models has been resolved. Dealer just confirmed it.
Old 02-24-14, 02:27 PM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
i couldn't agree more! i just bought a brand new GMC sierra 1500 and it already had remote start on the fob, and through my on-star application on the iPhone.
I've used it several times and it works great! the best part is the engine stays running when i get in the truck, put the key in and turn it to run, and drive off..
i don't have to restart it!
whats more, i got the navigation system. I've driven it more miles than my lexus and the navigation, weather and traffic all work perfect, my pandora connects without problems and the system never rebooted 1 time on me!
also my heated seats are toasty warm!
LOL Yeah Chevy has some serious seat heaters. To the point where they burn your but
Old 02-24-14, 03:07 PM
tbone587
Driver School Candidate

I think I am going to purchase this, however I am curious how much the dealership would charge to program and would they actually program it if it wasnt installed by them?
Old 02-24-14, 03:33 PM
Stickyiqqy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tbone587
I think I am going to purchase this, however I am curious how much the dealership would charge to program and would they actually program it if it wasnt installed by them?
Yes the dealer will install it. I contacted my dealer and said as long as it is Lexus remote start they will install it. I live here in BC and that is what I was told.
Old 02-24-14, 03:33 PM
tbone587
Driver School Candidate

I dont want them to install it, I want them to program it.. I can install it myself.
Old 02-24-14, 03:38 PM
Stickyiqqy
Driver School Candidate

I believe they can still do that. They will most likely still charge an hour for "labor". I guess you have to call the service dept and ask.
Old 02-24-14, 05:47 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RedVelLex
Issue with the remote start for nav models has been resolved. Dealer just confirmed it.
Great but when is RES+ available for 3IS? Does anyone know if Viper is compatible with 3IS? Last time I emailed them they couldn't confirm.

Update:
Looks like they updated their website and it has online system which seems to indicate SmartStart is compatible with 3IS.
http://www.viper.com/Car/Build/Default.aspx

Sent a request to local installer to see what the installation price is. Service fee is $140 / 3 years.

Last edited by SonyHome; 02-24-14 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-25-14, 07:44 AM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome
Update:
Looks like they updated their website and it has online system which seems to indicate SmartStart is compatible with 3IS.
http://www.viper.com/Car/Build/Default.aspx

Sent a request to local installer to see what the installation price is. Service fee is $140 / 3 years.
theres nothing for the car yet, that is just the system, you have to wait for them to release vehicle interface before you can even add a viper system.

check here,
http://www.xpresskit.com/
Old 02-26-14, 06:43 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

unfortunately that is FALSE information....still NOT available, and from my source from Lexus Corporate it will NOT be available at all for NAV equipped 2014 models...
Old 02-26-14, 07:33 PM
RedVelLex
Driver School Candidate

I got mine installed today and it works just fine. No issues so far! I have a 350 F-Sport with nav
Old 02-26-14, 07:35 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tsopranoMB
unfortunately that is FALSE information....still NOT available, and from my source from Lexus Corporate it will NOT be available at all for NAV equipped 2014 models...
Seriously does Lexus feel any bit guilty and responsible towards their customers when they say things like this. All the information prior to purchase gave the impression that this was available or coming! What is the reason that 2014 IS with Nav can't have RES or RES+?
Old 02-26-14, 07:50 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 142 Posts

I got mine installed today and it works just fine. No issues so far! I have a 350 F-Sport with nav
YAY! Someone that actually went through the whole process (purchasing & getting this installed) and can update all of us.

Appreciate your post GREATLY RedVelLex. This should confirm for ALL that it actually works for the 2014 nav model. Please let us know if you come across any problems with it down the road.

Do you know how long of a delay (if any) there is between when you press the button (I assume you hold down the lock button) and when the car starts?

Also, does the engine shut off as soon as you unlock the car & open a door (after remote starting it of course)?

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 02-26-14, 08:01 PM
RedVelLex
Driver School Candidate

For sure, glad I could help. They got it done fairly quick as well. Press lock button three times, on the third time hold down until lights start flashing then let go. Lights flash about 10 times then vehicle will start. Press unlock and that will turn vehicle off. They just fixed the issue with remote start within the last few days. They also told me there is no plan for RES+ on the IS model. Yes it does shut off when you open the door. At least you will have a warm or cool car by the time you get in.
Old 02-26-14, 09:24 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

I think its dumb that the vehicle shuts off if you remote start it and unlock the car.
Aftermarket solutions and other factory ones do not work in this same fashion.
Wonder why they made it where the vehicle turns off.
Seems like an afterthought addon if there is a conflict of the vehicle CAN signal not staying running when unlocking.

Quick Reply: Remote start for navi vehicles !!!!