IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2015 Model

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-14, 01:03 AM
FinaLpeace
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the Mercedes C400 super sexy. I might trade my 2014 IS350 in for it haha.
Old 07-03-14, 05:40 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

This is what Lexus Japan has announced for the changes in 2015 IS in the format of a newsletter. Nothing new to add when compared to the US release except more clarity about what are the changes about the interior.

I try to summarize it.. Note this is the spec for Japanese market but the interior changes should be the same for all countries.

Version L - LED fog light is now standard equipment

New standard equipment across all trims of IS - auto power-folding, auto-dimming mirrors with auto reverse tilt-down features to improve driving support.

Interior changes -
1. centre console and centre cluster are now painted with dark gray metallic
2. gloss improvement of the silver ornament trims
3. new colour - monsoon

My comment -- I would guess the interior centre console and the centre cluster refer to the black plastic where a lot of 1st year owners have complained about how easy the surface can be scratched up. The dark gray metallic is probably the same finish on the upcoming RC or even the older 2ng gen IS. The gloss improvement for the silver ornament trims is probably added clear coat to improve the trim durability. These two changes are a response to the complaints about surface scratches.

For the LED fog light for the version L which is similar to the luxury package/non F Sport in US & Canada, this is probably a simplified version of the Lexus Japan Dealer Option/LED fog what was offered in 2014. Hope the luminance is improved (it was 730lm @5000K for the 2014 Lexus Japan Dealer Option)
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Model-2015-lexus-is-japan-changes.png  

Last edited by AndyL; 07-03-14 at 06:03 AM.
Old 07-03-14, 06:55 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AndyL
This is what Lexus Japan has announced for the changes in 2015 IS in the format of a newsletter. Nothing new to add when compared to the US release except more clarity about what are the changes about the interior.

I try to summarize it.. Note this is the spec for Japanese market but the interior changes should be the same for all countries.

Version L - LED fog light is now standard equipment

New standard equipment across all trims of IS - auto power-folding, auto-dimming mirrors with auto reverse tilt-down features to improve driving support.

Interior changes -
1. centre console and centre cluster are now painted with dark gray metallic
2. gloss improvement of the silver ornament trims
3. new colour - monsoon

My comment -- I would guess the interior centre console and the centre cluster refer to the black plastic where a lot of 1st year owners have complained about how easy the surface can be scratched up. The dark gray metallic is probably the same finish on the upcoming RC or even the older 2ng gen IS. The gloss improvement for the silver ornament trims is probably added clear coat to improve the trim durability. These two changes are a response to the complaints about surface scratches.

For the LED fog light for the version L which is similar to the luxury package/non F Sport in US & Canada, this is probably a simplified version of the Lexus Japan Dealer Option/LED fog what was offered in 2014. Hope the luminance is improved (it was 730lm @5000K for the 2014 Lexus Japan Dealer Option)
I wonder if the dark gray metallic will be the same as what is in my 2IS F sport? I am really hoping not, while it is better than the flat looking black it still looks somewhat cheap. I wonder if the folding and auto-tilt mirrors will carry over to the US?
Old 07-03-14, 07:56 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/07/01/2...us-is-updates/

They are saying the 2015 should be arriving at dealers in late July........oh please, please, puhleeeeaaasseeee let this be right.
Old 07-03-14, 12:46 PM
damtachoa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
knock yourself out, 435 gran coupe starts at the loaded price of my IS350 F-Sport/Navi/ML. 435 gran coupe built to match my IS is over 60k. Equivalent 335 is 56k and even a equivalent 328 is still more expensive than the IS350. Some people must really want those memory seats.
You're wrong. I'm not buying gran coupe just because memory seat.

Pro:
1) Leather seat
2) Bigger Nav
3) Heat rear seat/steering wheel
4) M brake
5) Head up display
6) 19" wheels
7) More space than IS350
8) Look aggressive than IS350

Cons:
1) hand brake next to driver seat

What I'm saying here is not boycotting Lexus. Lexus is my top priority when consider buying a car. However, Lexus just cuts here and there to make room for other models instead of making one perfect cars.

Last edited by damtachoa; 07-03-14 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-03-14, 01:19 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by wednesday
I wonder if the dark gray metallic will be the same as what is in my 2IS F sport? I am really hoping not, while it is better than the flat looking black it still looks somewhat cheap. I wonder if the folding and auto-tilt mirrors will carry over to the US?
Maybe like the console in the new NX?
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Model-nx-interior.jpg  
Old 07-03-14, 01:45 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by damtachoa
You're wrong. I'm not buying gran coupe just because memory seat.

Pro:
1) Leather seat
2) Bigger Nav
3) Heat rear seat/steering wheel
4) M brake
5) Head up display
6) 19" wheels
7) More space than IS350
8) Look attractive than IS350
Your 8th comment is an opinion, not a fact. That having been said, I disagree very strongly with you. The Gran Coupe 4 series is not that good looking, IMO, and the 3IS is a work of art.

The Gran Coupe 6 series... now that is a beautiful car.
Old 07-03-14, 02:17 PM
damtachoa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jre002
Your 8th comment is an opinion, not a fact. That having been said, I disagree very strongly with you. The Gran Coupe 4 series is not that good looking, IMO, and the 3IS is a work of art.

The Gran Coupe 6 series... now that is a beautiful car.
I agree with you on 8th. What I mean is gran coupe having an aggressive looking and IS350 having an art of design.
Old 07-03-14, 02:31 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dseag2
Maybe like the console in the new NX?
Maybe so, lets hope we find out soon. I am anxious to get my 3IS!
Old 07-03-14, 04:36 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/07/01/2...us-is-updates/

They are saying the 2015 should be arriving at dealers in late July........oh please, please, puhleeeeaaasseeee let this be right.
Maybe so, lets hope we find out soon. I am anxious to get my 3IS!

Factory MY turnover for Lexus is usually July.. Units start arriving by late August / early Sept. typically.

But hey if they show up sooner, then it will be great..

~ Joe Z
Old 07-03-14, 04:59 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Factory MY turnover for Lexus is usually July.. Units start arriving by late August / early Sept. typically.

But hey if they show up sooner, then it will be great..

~ Joe Z
I guess I will be keeping a (many times) daily check on here for news, I have been patient so far but now that I have made a decision on what I am getting I am ready to get it. Sure hope that Lexus spokesperson knew what she was talking about.
Old 07-04-14, 01:33 AM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dbs600
I disagree.
Same here. My wife and I both use the car, and it takes me forever to readjust the seat after she's driven the car. This is one serious omission on a car this expensive. Despite that, I still couldn't bring myself to pop for an F30 Bimmer. Pretty depressing when a $30K Honda Accord offers a memory seat and a "near luxury" Lexus doesn't.

Last edited by UncleSpud; 07-04-14 at 01:49 AM.
Old 07-04-14, 01:48 AM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Dark9t316
I know the 2014 accords have dynamic grid lines
...so do the 2013 Accords, plus two additional views from the rear camera and a right-side camera that can be called-up while driving. Don't get me wrong, I prefer my F-Sport to anything built by Honda, but I really feel that Toyota/Lexus should at least try to keep up with their considerably less expensive competitors.

Last edited by UncleSpud; 07-04-14 at 01:55 AM.
Old 07-04-14, 02:03 PM
Dustondo
Driver School Candidate

I'm still confused as to why anyone makes an even mildly sporting car with a foot operated e brake... What I wouldn't have for a decently placed handbrake in the 3is. Also it'll be interesting to see what lexus finally does to update the 3is engine, hopefully during a mid cycle refresh. Be nice to see it with around 350 or so hp. Other than that I love this thing. A very solid package for the money, which is why it beat out the m235 for me.
Old 07-05-14, 02:13 PM
SlangBlade
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UncleSpud
Same here. My wife and I both use the car, and it takes me forever to readjust the seat after she's driven the car. This is one serious omission on a car this expensive. Despite that, I still couldn't bring myself to pop for an F30 Bimmer. Pretty depressing when a $30K Honda Accord offers a memory seat and a "near luxury" Lexus doesn't.
Originally Posted by UncleSpud
...so do the 2013 Accords, plus two additional views from the rear camera and a right-side camera that can be called-up while driving. Don't get me wrong, I prefer my F-Sport to anything built by Honda, but I really feel that Toyota/Lexus should at least try to keep up with their considerably less expensive competitors.
I agree that memory seats should not be overlooked, but to say that Lexus doesn't offer them isn't fair, they just don't offer them in the trim you prefer. We all have to make sacrifices.

The Accord is a great car, but can't compete with the IS in terms of feel and build quality (or size, or platform). Honda can tout luxury options all they want. You can get ventilated seats in a Lincoln, Kia, etc. but drive them back to back and I would, without a doubt, pay an extra $10k for the Lexus.

Quick Reply: 2015 Model