IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2015 Model

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-14, 05:55 PM
simann
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is super good news. Just tested a '14 F-sport 350 fully loaded today and fell in love. I've owned two M3's in the past, and I got to say, this car beats BMW at its own game. I will be looking at trading out of my leased '13 VW GTI to get into a new IS for sure.
Old 05-07-14, 05:57 PM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by simann
This is super good news. Just tested a '14 F-sport 350 fully loaded today and fell in love. I've owned two M3's in the past, and I got to say, this car beats BMW at its own game. I will be looking at trading out of my leased '13 VW GTI to get into a new IS for sure.
I love seeing all the BMW people just shifting over to the Lexus side Can't wait to see your new 3IS!
Old 05-07-14, 06:31 PM
simann
Pole Position

It will be a few months, probably wait until the 2015's come out and may try and snag a late '14 for cheap.

Coincidentally, my brother just bought a new 135i M-sport fully loaded a few months back. I had been nudging him to get a German car for a while...now that he does, i'm switching back to Japanese!

I talked to the GM of the Lexus dealer today (typical after the sales person doesnt land a deal I guess...), we got off on the subject of the new Lexus designs and how they are such a vast departure from the old "round and soft" Lexus of yesteryear. He made the comment that "Generation X/baby boomers are dying off or having to come out of retirement because they lost all their money on failed investments...so they aren't buying cars like Lexus anymore" inferring the Lexus target demographic has changed.

This also explains why the new IS has got such a bad rap on its asthetics from the car magazine reviews, as most of those who are testing the cars and writing articles are middle aged older men who just don't get the new modern looks at all.

Last edited by simann; 05-07-14 at 06:36 PM.
Old 05-07-14, 06:52 PM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It will be a few months, probably wait until the 2015's come out and may try and snag a late '14 for cheap.

Coincidentally, my brother just bought a new 135i M-sport fully loaded a few months back. I had been nudging him to get a German car for a while...now that he does, i'm switching back to Japanese!

I talked to the GM of the Lexus dealer today (typical after the sales person doesnt land a deal I guess...), we got off on the subject of the new Lexus designs and how they are such a vast departure from the old "round and soft" Lexus of yesteryear. He made the comment that "Generation X/baby boomers are dying off or having to come out of retirement because they lost all their money on failed investments...so they aren't buying cars like Lexus anymore" inferring the Lexus target demographic has changed.

This also explains why the new IS has got such a bad rap on its asthetics from the car magazine reviews, as most of those who are testing the cars and writing articles are middle aged older men who just don't get the new modern looks at all.
I believe that Lexus will be offering a turbo engine option soon so be on the look out for that. You get the luxury and reliability of a Lexus with a turbo like BMWs.
Old 05-07-14, 08:27 PM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, careful now! Old is mental, not just physical.

Aloha,
Old Man Larry
Old 05-08-14, 05:43 AM
simann
Pole Position

Hahaha! An outlier!
Old 05-08-14, 02:02 PM
damtachoa
Pole Position

Any news on 2015 specs?
Old 05-09-14, 09:30 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by damtachoa
Any news on 2015 specs?
not yet...I would anticipate by June...
Old 05-10-14, 06:50 AM
goshawk823
Rookie

Originally Posted by tsopranoMB
not yet...I would anticipate by June...
absolutely interested in this. Debating whether to try to get a 2014 configured as I would like, or wait to order a 2015.
I hope someone stickies a thread when the new specs are released...
Old 05-10-14, 04:39 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hahaha! An outlier!
Me too! I scraped my last few grand together and got one before I was declared senile.
Old 05-10-14, 06:57 PM
goshawk823
Rookie

Hahaha! An outlier!
"Experienced" driver here as well...
Old 05-10-14, 07:22 PM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CtSFox
Me too! I scraped my last few grand together and got one before I was declared senile.
So how experienced are you?

67 here, and loving every day.
Old 05-10-14, 07:34 PM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by goshawk823
"Experienced" driver here as well...
So how experienced are you?

67 here, and loving every day.
Old 06-11-14, 06:54 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Any new news?

My lease end pre-inspection is tomorrow and new cars are on my mind again, so I thought I would bump this up to see if anyone has any new information on the '15's. Surely we will be hearing something soon... Really wanting another USB
Old 06-11-14, 07:16 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

This may be too much to ask, but I hope the AWD F-Sports will have power tilt steering wheel. That's all I'm asking for haha. I can deal with no memory seats and no tilting mirrors.. at least give me the power tilt! Come on, Lexus! Turn this car into a luxury sports sedan!

Quick Reply: 2015 Model