IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2015 Model

Old 06-28-14, 03:48 PM
dasbuch
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Yes Larry I agree.. Has ZERO value.. It allows water & dirt not to get trapped in them.
Well I do see your point that a small slot is not optimal for airflow (though not allowing a direct path for dirt and water is a good thing too), but the fact that they aren't solid takes me back to my original point. It does appear that what I read is correct, and that putting foglights in those slots would impede airflow to the brakes (however slightly).

I'm not striving to be right here for personal satisfaction I just like focusing on the facts. It appears I conceded that what I read was misinformation a little too soon.

Did you not notice the slots when you posted the photos earlier and said they were solid? Just curious.
Old 06-28-14, 04:30 PM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dasbuch
Well I do see your point that a small slot is not optimal for airflow (though not allowing a direct path for dirt and water is a good thing too), but the fact that they aren't solid takes me back to my original point. It does appear that what I read is correct, and that putting foglights in those slots would impede airflow to the brakes (however slightly).

I'm not striving to be right here for personal satisfaction I just like focusing on the facts. It appears I conceded that what I read was misinformation a little too soon.

Did you not notice the slots when you posted the photos earlier and said they were solid? Just curious.
If you push a wire in the slot you will see it goes inside the inner fender. The air from there cannot even get to the brakes. I did read in an article that it may in a very small way have a slight down force in high speeds. If you study it a little you can see that where the air hits the inner fender it could be a slight down force. I also read that it may be a small venture affect in cooling the engine compartment. More thoughts, but ............................
Old 06-28-14, 05:31 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by wednesday
Thanks guys, did they say why they refuse to give us USB and the fogs? I just do NOT understand not giving us a color that everybody else has I will have to get a 15 because my lease ends next month but I am still not happy with what is being offered....at least the ventilated seats are a small step in the right direction. Any idea when the 15's will start arriving at dealers?
No idea... Besides that's just how the packaging in the USA is made..

Expect arrivals to the USA by September 14'

Joe Z
Old 06-28-14, 05:39 PM
damtachoa
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Daceptak0n
Apparently Infiniti has gotten rid of this memory seat unless it's bought with a 3K pkg. Why? Okay, so here's the reasoning and from several Lexus/Infiniti execs but here's one of them quoted:

"You must be one of the few people adamant about it because we have had complaints that it was useless to have it there. It's paired with your key so everything will adjust as long as you take your key. I wouldn't harp on it as much as you've done, it will be an obsolete feature in the next 2-3 years, watch. Then you'll be complaining why did we include it there and it looks so tacky and outdated, etc."
Can anybody here understand that sentence supposed to be mean? Am I stupid enough not to understand it?
Old 06-28-14, 05:39 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Exclamation

Originally Posted by dasbuch

Yes of course I knew they were there...

The holes behind the blank cover go NO where.. I'm lost for any more words..

They come ready to accept the JDM Fog Lamp Housings..

Joe Z
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Model-image.jpg  
Old 06-28-14, 05:51 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by dbs600
If the 2015 F Sports will have ventilated seats, does it mean they'll have leather too!?

As I recall, the reason they didn't have ventilated seats in 2014 was due to NuLuxe.

Otherwise, will they have heated steering wheels too?

What about memory seats?
No, the F Sport is still NuLuxe only. The original decision to not equip the F Sport with ventilated seats had nothing to do with NuLuxe. That's a frequent misunderstanding on this site.

Still no memory seats on F Sport. But AWD F Sports will now have the heated steering wheel.
Old 06-28-14, 05:53 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by davyjordi
the mirrors are being extended? i wonder what they are going to look like, i.e. if they are completely redesigned or pulled off some other lexus model that has a mirror width greater than the current mirror length used.

that, and i wonder if the difference is going to be large enough to differentiate a 2014 from a 2015 easily enough, much akin to the adoption of the turn-signal-inclusive style mirrors in the latter (refreshed) versions of the 2IS compared to earlier iterations sans turn signals, i.e. model years 2006-2008.

minutiae, i know, although important (to me.)
The mirrors are not changing. The spreadsheet is just noting the width dimension is with the mirrors extended/folded out, rather than flipped in.
Old 06-28-14, 06:37 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
The mirrors are not changing. The spreadsheet is just noting the width dimension is with the mirrors extended/folded out, rather than flipped in.
gotcha. thanks!
Old 06-28-14, 08:11 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by damtachoa
Can anybody here understand that sentence supposed to be mean? Am I stupid enough not to understand it?
Basically your seat settings will be saved onto the key fob that you carry. For example, If you start the car with your key fob, it'll adjust to your setting. If you start with someone's key (for example, your wife's or your sister's) the seats will adjust to their setting.
Old 06-28-14, 09:55 PM
nytefury
Driver School Candidate

darn no usb... should i just fly to canada and purchase a is350 fsport in USB color and road trip back to cali?? =\
Old 06-29-14, 03:52 AM
FinaLpeace
Driver

Originally Posted by nytefury
darn no usb... should i just fly to canada and purchase a is350 fsport in USB color and road trip back to cali?? =\
That's a good idea, the USB is such a hawt color. What is the registration process though?
Old 06-29-14, 07:23 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 100 Posts

Does anyone else think it's odd that Lexus has kept the same HP and torque on the IS350 since 2006? I was sorta expecting the 2014 IS350 to have been bumped by at least 10-20 HP but didn't happen and now 2015 it's the same.

I know with the 2007 IS350 the HP was 306 and torque was 277 lb.-ft and I believe it was the same for the 2006 model. So that means from 2006 to 2015 (10 years of production for IS350) that the HP & torque have remained the same.

I thought car manufactures tried to entice buyers with a bump in HP & torque on new models at least every 6 yrs or so.
Old 06-29-14, 07:37 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
Does anyone else think it's odd that Lexus has kept the same HP and torque on the IS350 since 2006? I was sorta expecting the 2014 IS350 to have been bumped by at least 10-20 HP but didn't happen and now 2015 it's the same.

I know with the 2007 IS350 the HP was 306 and torque was 277 lb.-ft and I believe it was the same for the 2006 model. So that means from 2006 to 2015 (10 years of production for IS350) that the HP & torque have remained the same.

I thought car manufactures tried to entice buyers with a bump in HP & torque on new models at least every 6 yrs or so.
Yes it's odd... They are a bit behind....

The 2GR-FSE / IS 350 engine has virtually been a solid motor for Toyota / Lexus over the last 10 years..

The 250 motor is on its last leg.... Which will be replaced by the IS 200T in 2016..

Maybe the IS350 motor will get twins by 2017

Joe Z
Old 06-29-14, 07:55 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 100 Posts

I agree that it's a very reliable engine and it's plenty fast/quick for city driving but anyone purchasing a 350 even a bump in HP/torque is an added benefit to prev IS owners to re-purchase the next model.

So would you say that the engine for the IS350 is maxed out, I mean why couldn't they have just kept the same engine (as they have done since 2006) and just bumped the HP/torque a bit more, unless it's not possible for this engine? It just seems strange to me, this car is more of a sporty ride than the other Lexus models with probably a younger audience so why keep the same HP/torque for the past 10 yrs?
Old 06-29-14, 08:06 AM
IS3F
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm somewhat happy there are no major changes to the 15s...it seems that the only things being added that I'm missing are ventilated seats (nice to have), rear F-sport badging (depending on how this looks, I'm sure it can just be added), dynamic grid lines for the backup camera (not even sure what this means).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Model