Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2015 Model

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-14, 04:48 PM   #181
dasbuch
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
dasbuch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ??
Posts: 174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Z View Post
Yes Larry I agree.. Has ZERO value.. It allows water & dirt not to get trapped in them.
Well I do see your point that a small slot is not optimal for airflow (though not allowing a direct path for dirt and water is a good thing too), but the fact that they aren't solid takes me back to my original point. It does appear that what I read is correct, and that putting foglights in those slots would impede airflow to the brakes (however slightly).

I'm not striving to be right here for personal satisfaction I just like focusing on the facts. It appears I conceded that what I read was misinformation a little too soon.

Did you not notice the slots when you posted the photos earlier and said they were solid? Just curious.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
dasbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-14, 05:30 PM   #182
Larry96815
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasbuch View Post
Well I do see your point that a small slot is not optimal for airflow (though not allowing a direct path for dirt and water is a good thing too), but the fact that they aren't solid takes me back to my original point. It does appear that what I read is correct, and that putting foglights in those slots would impede airflow to the brakes (however slightly).

I'm not striving to be right here for personal satisfaction I just like focusing on the facts. It appears I conceded that what I read was misinformation a little too soon.

Did you not notice the slots when you posted the photos earlier and said they were solid? Just curious.
If you push a wire in the slot you will see it goes inside the inner fender. The air from there cannot even get to the brakes. I did read in an article that it may in a very small way have a slight down force in high speeds. If you study it a little you can see that where the air hits the inner fender it could be a slight down force. I also read that it may be a small venture affect in cooling the engine compartment. More thoughts, but ............................
__________________
Larrym96815
Larry96815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-14, 06:31 PM   #183
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (6)
 
Joe Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Under an IS F
Posts: 10,988
pages/Joe-Z-Performance/196802633674666 JoeZPerformance JoeZPerformance
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
Thanks guys, did they say why they refuse to give us USB and the fogs? I just do NOT understand not giving us a color that everybody else has I will have to get a 15 because my lease ends next month but I am still not happy with what is being offered....at least the ventilated seats are a small step in the right direction. Any idea when the 15's will start arriving at dealers?
No idea... Besides that's just how the packaging in the USA is made..

Expect arrivals to the USA by September 14'

Joe Z
__________________
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31186&dateline=1287013467
Lexus IS F • Smoky Granite Mica • Black Leather • NAV & ML
Joe Z Direct Air Flow Intake • Performance Tube Systems True Dual 304 SS Exhaust
12' BBS Wheels • Bridgestone S-04 245-35-19 & 285-30-19
Project Mu • D2 Racing Sport Coils • AeroTect • Xenon Depot LEDs
"The Relentless Pursuit Continues...."
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-14, 06:39 PM   #184
damtachoa
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daceptak0n View Post
Apparently Infiniti has gotten rid of this memory seat unless it's bought with a 3K pkg. Why? Okay, so here's the reasoning and from several Lexus/Infiniti execs but here's one of them quoted:

"You must be one of the few people adamant about it because we have had complaints that it was useless to have it there. It's paired with your key so everything will adjust as long as you take your key. I wouldn't harp on it as much as you've done, it will be an obsolete feature in the next 2-3 years, watch. Then you'll be complaining why did we include it there and it looks so tacky and outdated, etc."
Can anybody here understand that sentence supposed to be mean? Am I stupid enough not to understand it?
damtachoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-14, 06:39 PM   #185
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (6)
 
Joe Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Under an IS F
Posts: 10,988
pages/Joe-Z-Performance/196802633674666 JoeZPerformance JoeZPerformance
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasbuch View Post
Well I do see your point that a small slot is not optimal for airflow (though not allowing a direct path for dirt and water is a good thing too), but the fact that they aren't solid takes me back to my original point. It does appear that what I read is correct, and that putting foglights in those slots would impede airflow to the brakes (however slightly).

I'm not striving to be right here for personal satisfaction I just like focusing on the facts. It appears I conceded that what I read was misinformation a little too soon.

Did you not notice the slots when you posted the photos earlier and said they were solid? Just curious.
Yes of course I knew they were there...

The holes behind the blank cover go NO where.. I'm lost for any more words..

They come ready to accept the JDM Fog Lamp Housings..

Joe Z
Attached Images
 
__________________
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31186&dateline=1287013467
Lexus IS F • Smoky Granite Mica • Black Leather • NAV & ML
Joe Z Direct Air Flow Intake • Performance Tube Systems True Dual 304 SS Exhaust
12' BBS Wheels • Bridgestone S-04 245-35-19 & 285-30-19
Project Mu • D2 Racing Sport Coils • AeroTect • Xenon Depot LEDs
"The Relentless Pursuit Continues...."
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-14, 06:51 PM   #186
JDR76
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
JDR76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: WA
Posts: 1,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post
If the 2015 F Sports will have ventilated seats, does it mean they'll have leather too!?

As I recall, the reason they didn't have ventilated seats in 2014 was due to NuLuxe.

Otherwise, will they have heated steering wheels too?

What about memory seats?
No, the F Sport is still NuLuxe only. The original decision to not equip the F Sport with ventilated seats had nothing to do with NuLuxe. That's a frequent misunderstanding on this site.

Still no memory seats on F Sport. But AWD F Sports will now have the heated steering wheel.
JDR76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-14, 06:53 PM   #187
JDR76
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
JDR76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: WA
Posts: 1,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyjordi View Post
the mirrors are being extended? i wonder what they are going to look like, i.e. if they are completely redesigned or pulled off some other lexus model that has a mirror width greater than the current mirror length used.

that, and i wonder if the difference is going to be large enough to differentiate a 2014 from a 2015 easily enough, much akin to the adoption of the turn-signal-inclusive style mirrors in the latter (refreshed) versions of the 2IS compared to earlier iterations sans turn signals, i.e. model years 2006-2008.

minutiae, i know, although important (to me.)
The mirrors are not changing. The spreadsheet is just noting the width dimension is with the mirrors extended/folded out, rather than flipped in.
JDR76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-14, 07:37 PM   #188
davyjordi
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
davyjordi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Temecula, California / Barcelona, Catalunya
Posts: 557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDR76 View Post
The mirrors are not changing. The spreadsheet is just noting the width dimension is with the mirrors extended/folded out, rather than flipped in.
gotcha. thanks!
__________________
se sienta a la mesa y escribe
«con este poema no tomarás el poder» dice
«con estos versos no harás la Revolución» dice
«ni con miles de versos harás la Revolución» dice
-Gelman


davyjordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-14, 09:11 PM   #189
RoiteTrom
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by damtachoa View Post
Can anybody here understand that sentence supposed to be mean? Am I stupid enough not to understand it?
Basically your seat settings will be saved onto the key fob that you carry. For example, If you start the car with your key fob, it'll adjust to your setting. If you start with someone's key (for example, your wife's or your sister's) the seats will adjust to their setting.
RoiteTrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-14, 10:55 PM   #190
nytefury
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ca
Posts: 21
Default

darn no usb... should i just fly to canada and purchase a is350 fsport in USB color and road trip back to cali?? =\
nytefury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-14, 04:52 AM   #191
FinaLpeace
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: California
Posts: 189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytefury View Post
darn no usb... should i just fly to canada and purchase a is350 fsport in USB color and road trip back to cali?? =\
That's a good idea, the USB is such a hawt color. What is the registration process though?
FinaLpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-14, 08:23 AM   #192
Xanadu350
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Xanadu350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,055
Default

Does anyone else think it's odd that Lexus has kept the same HP and torque on the IS350 since 2006? I was sorta expecting the 2014 IS350 to have been bumped by at least 10-20 HP but didn't happen and now 2015 it's the same.

I know with the 2007 IS350 the HP was 306 and torque was 277 lb.-ft and I believe it was the same for the 2006 model. So that means from 2006 to 2015 (10 years of production for IS350) that the HP & torque have remained the same.

I thought car manufactures tried to entice buyers with a bump in HP & torque on new models at least every 6 yrs or so.
__________________


07' IS350 (Finally Here) View Pics
1998 SC400 Black/Black
Xanadu350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-14, 08:37 AM   #193
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (6)
 
Joe Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Under an IS F
Posts: 10,988
pages/Joe-Z-Performance/196802633674666 JoeZPerformance JoeZPerformance
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanadu350 View Post
Does anyone else think it's odd that Lexus has kept the same HP and torque on the IS350 since 2006? I was sorta expecting the 2014 IS350 to have been bumped by at least 10-20 HP but didn't happen and now 2015 it's the same.

I know with the 2007 IS350 the HP was 306 and torque was 277 lb.-ft and I believe it was the same for the 2006 model. So that means from 2006 to 2015 (10 years of production for IS350) that the HP & torque have remained the same.

I thought car manufactures tried to entice buyers with a bump in HP & torque on new models at least every 6 yrs or so.
Yes it's odd... They are a bit behind....

The 2GR-FSE / IS 350 engine has virtually been a solid motor for Toyota / Lexus over the last 10 years..

The 250 motor is on its last leg.... Which will be replaced by the IS 200T in 2016..

Maybe the IS350 motor will get twins by 2017

Joe Z
__________________
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31186&dateline=1287013467
Lexus IS F • Smoky Granite Mica • Black Leather • NAV & ML
Joe Z Direct Air Flow Intake • Performance Tube Systems True Dual 304 SS Exhaust
12' BBS Wheels • Bridgestone S-04 245-35-19 & 285-30-19
Project Mu • D2 Racing Sport Coils • AeroTect • Xenon Depot LEDs
"The Relentless Pursuit Continues...."
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-14, 08:55 AM   #194
Xanadu350
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Xanadu350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,055
Default

I agree that it's a very reliable engine and it's plenty fast/quick for city driving but anyone purchasing a 350 even a bump in HP/torque is an added benefit to prev IS owners to re-purchase the next model.

So would you say that the engine for the IS350 is maxed out, I mean why couldn't they have just kept the same engine (as they have done since 2006) and just bumped the HP/torque a bit more, unless it's not possible for this engine? It just seems strange to me, this car is more of a sporty ride than the other Lexus models with probably a younger audience so why keep the same HP/torque for the past 10 yrs?
__________________


07' IS350 (Finally Here) View Pics
1998 SC400 Black/Black
Xanadu350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-14, 09:06 AM   #195
IS3F
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
IS3F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 80
Default

I'm somewhat happy there are no major changes to the 15s...it seems that the only things being added that I'm missing are ventilated seats (nice to have), rear F-sport badging (depending on how this looks, I'm sure it can just be added), dynamic grid lines for the backup camera (not even sure what this means).
IS3F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-14, 09:06 AM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Navigation system Update yvan_es350 ES350 (2007 - 2012) 24 05-09-14 07:27 AM
ES Sales For August LexBob2 ES350 and ES300h (2013+) 11 09-05-13 01:55 PM
Nav hack peteyx LS430 2 07-26-13 09:24 PM
What's your NAV version? onexcite GS - Fourth Generation 4 03-23-13 10:38 PM
RX 450h Nav version rogelio Hybrid Technology 27 12-25-09 08:59 AM


Tags
2015, 570, colors, es350, generation, gray, interior, lexus, ls, lx, model, models, rx, sirus, stratus

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:01 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info